The Mourinho Thread

Jose Mourinho is one week from the sack, Football Insider sources understand.

Roman Abramovich is ready to dismiss the Portugese next week if he does not turn around the teams catastrophic start to the season.

Makes sense. After Stoke we have a 14-day break until next match.

No Luca did little the ones I mentioned did most

I would say that he improved on what Hoddle and Gullit bought to the party.

We did win a league cup, ECWC and super cup then went on to finish 3rd in PL in his second season....highest finish since early 70's.

I thought Luca done ok really and started the winning mentality before it went up another level

It's pretty clear to me that he lost the dressing room and I admit that it's his fault. BUT, on the other hand, a football player's duty is to give his best for the club that pays him. Begovic, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ramires, Mikel, Falcao, Costa etc.'s duty is to play and give their best for Chelsea FC's good. They are not Mourinho's players, they are Chelsea FC's players. If there is someone who "would rather lose than win for Mourinho", then that someone needs to be expelled from this club because he is a total shame. You don't win for Mourinho, you win for those who pay you and for those who suffer all around the globe when your lazy overrated ass is not capable of showing some passion for this club. You must win for those whose weekend was a disaster because of your incompetence.

It doesn't matter if Mourinho's sacked or not, I am totally dissapointed and disgusted with the players who are not giving their best these days. And it's very easy to notice who those players are.

It'll be interesting if/when he gets sacked, if certain players start playing properly again.

It's like when AVB (alright not the greatest manager or very popular) got sacked and the players were laughing a joking before a FA Cup game away at birmingham I believe. It irritated me, these players should give their all regardless of the manager imo. I guess football isn't that way any more.

It'll be interesting if/when he gets sacked, if certain players start playing properly again.

It's like when AVB (alright not the greatest manager or very popular) got sacked and the players were laughing a joking before a FA Cup game away at birmingham I believe. It irritated me, these players should give their all regardless of the manager imo. I guess football isn't that way any more.

Players aren't robots, they are human too and human have emotion. Imagine how Matic feel when he got subbed in front of million of watching Chelsea fans world wide during that Southampton game, his confidence in Jose will never be the same again no matter what they say.

Also if what you are saying applies then no manager will ever be out of jobs because they can all turn it around hence no need to change ever. Basically changes happen or necessary WHEN the signs of players not wanting to play for the manager anymore are clear.

Players aren't robots, they are human too and human have emotion. Imagine how Matic feel when he got subbed in front of million of watching Chelsea fans world wide during that Southampton game, his confidence in Jose will never be the same again no matter what they say.

Also if what you are saying applies then no manager will ever be out of jobs because they can all turn it around hence no need to change ever. Basically changes happen or necessary WHEN the signs of players not wanting to play for the manager anymore are clear.

While I sympathised with Matic when it happened because others deserved it more, I didn't sympathise looking at it in isolation, he was utterly abysmal when he came on.

If AVB did that to Lamps when the player power stories were growing there would have been a wankfest on how he's "standing up to the players".

I absolutely agree with you re: Matic. If you go back to the game thread from then I said how bad that was for him and embarrassing to see it as a big fan of his. I wouldn't blame him for not having confidence in the manager after that but, I would like to think that the club who pays his wages and the fans who back him, get his name on the back of their shirt, chant his name at games, means something too. I am aware of how difficult it must be, being unfairly out of favour when others at the time were playing worse, but at the end of the day I expect a man who earns big bucks to play for a team to be able to at least work hard. Side note: Not saying Matic doesn't work hard, just using him as an example.

Agreed, but they are supposed to be professionals. If you have a problem with the manager, go tell him. If he doesn't listen, go tell the board, the owner, whatever. But if you compromise the club's result in order to make the manager leave, then you are a traitor and you should be expelled as soon as possible from any club, not only Chelsea FC. There's no man bigger than the club, and that includes those "sensitive" pricks.

Jose Mourinho is fighting to save his Chelsea job, but will be given a final chance to prove he can turn around the club’s abysmal season with owner Roman Abramovich unsure over a mid-season contingency plan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11968623/Jose-Mourinho-given-final-chance-by-Roman-Abramovich-to-turn-flatlining-Chelsea-season-around.html