The Mourinho Thread

the one on his return was ,, still no sign of it .

oh..I see, this has turned into a game of riddles where one poster talks about one thing and specifically asks a question on that and another poster replies talking about another event over 2 years ago.

So what did you think of the presser today?

Difference is in their poor run they still play good attacking football against most of the smaller sides and end up finishing 2nd, in a word if he was sacked last season that would have been comparable to our 10-11 season sacking of Carlo not Jose now.

I must of missed the the first 5/6 months of last season where we were playing offensively & I'm sure I just watched City play Utd whilst parking the bus, no?

Don't get me started on Ancelotti's second season as it was catastrophic & people want him back? The point is City's board didn't bow to idiots in the media or internet fannies who with the first sign of hard times/bad spell want the manager sacked & according to opinion its all about results being that there are several posts reminding us that we have only won one in seven, yet thats not acceptable but Pelligrino"s poor run despite spending shit loads is....cus their brand of football is more pleasing to the eye.....apparently!

oh..I see, this has turned into a game of riddles where one poster talks about one thing and specifically asks a question on that and another poster replies talking about another event over 2 years ago.

So what did you think of the presser today?

Game of riddles ? Really ? :D It's not that hard to see the connection between your question and Zolayes his post.

What Zolayes is basically saying is "talk is cheap" Mourinho can say what he wants in his press conferences unless we actually see it on the pitch it's meaningless.

Like for example Mourinho talking about building a dynasty 2 years ago but we look far from a dynasty atm don't we ?

To answer your question myself. I didn't watch his presser because i don't care how Mourinho does in his press conferences. What i care about is what happens on the pitch.

He can win all the arguments in the press conferences. It means very little to me when we're 15th in the league and have won just 1 in 7.

Game of riddles ? Really ? :D It's not that hard to see the connection between your question and Zolayes his post.

What Zolayes is basically saying is "talk is cheap" Mourinho can say what he wants in his press conferences unless we actually see it on the pitch it's meaningless.

Like for example Mourinho talking about building a dynasty 2 years ago but we look far from a dynasty atm don't we ?

To answer your question myself. I didn't watch his presser because i don't care how Mourinho does in his press conferences. What i care about is what happens on the pitch.

He can win all the arguments in the press conferences. It means very little to me when we're 15th in the league and have won just 1 in 7.

so you are not interested in who is fit and available and reasons behind a players contract extension.

suit yourself....quite a lot of supporters are.

Ref first bit....get real. I specifically asked about todays presser...not one 2 years ago and building a dynasty was not mentioned today.

Gab Marcotti reported earlier that there is a exit clause in Mourinho contract. Could be after 2 years or 3 years, we don't know there could be many other clauses in the contract.

But Godzola is right it is naive to assume that Chelsea have not done anything to mitigate their risks. Especially ones other managers had in their contract.

I personally think Mourinho contract is a factor to a degree but not to the extension most are making it out to be. There is many at Chelsea that probably still believes in Mourinho. You can not deny Mourinho record, he is one of the most successful manager ever and he did win a double last season. There is also the sentimental aspect, possibly he is very respected and liked by the majority of the board.

I think it is false to believe that if Mourinho was going to be sacked he would have been already. I think he has and will be given every opperunity to turn it around. But he cannot maintain such performances and results sooner or later it has to change. Because I think the board will not make a change until their hand is forced.

I think If he was going to be sacked it will come after the stoke game, I think the international break presents a sufficient opportunity to make a change. I personally would not be surprised if he is given until January. But then again who knows the Liverpool might be his last game, but I doubt it.

Jose: I can’t promise top four finish

I can’t promise. I think Chelsea is a big club, is the club that I chose to come to. Liverpool is a big club, Manchester United is a super big club.

Last season Liverpool win nothing and didn’t qualify for Champions League and they are still a big club and two years ago Manchester United didn’t even qualify for the Champions League, or Europa League and they are still a monster club.

Well, Man City's hierarchy didn't agree with your sentiment, after going on a similar poor run at the start of this year that ended their title aspirations their board not only backed their manager with a new 3 year contract but also handed Pelligrino another whopping 160m to bolster his squad....

Why do so many believe in what the media are spouting that we will have to pay out 30m if we sack him? The last 2 managers given full time contracts had a clause in it so we wouldn't make the same mistake as before with shelling out millions for sacking managers early in their contracts, why not the same for Jose?

Well we are in crisis mode. City got off to a stop-start last season but they had 9 points more at this stage of the season last year. Massive difference. Take in to the fact that they had played us, United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. They were in the title race but our form was just too good at that stage. 20 points last season for them compared to our 11 this season. Also they looked convincing in their victories as well, unlike us.

I still want him to stay till the end of the season. If Guardiola wants to come then sack him and get Guardiola.

If not let him continue.

No other manager that I see as improvement to him.

Other then that if we can't get top 4 why don't we finish 3rd in the CL and go for the EL and win it to get CL?

Unless we do the impossible one more time and win the CL this season.....

so you are not interested in who is fit and available and reasons behind a players contract extension.

suit yourself....quite a lot of supporters are.

Ref first bit....get real. I specifically asked about todays presser...not one 2 years ago and building a dynasty was not mentioned today.

Jason always posts who's fit and who isn't in the match thread so you don't need to watch Mourinho's presser to know.

Reasons behind a player's contract extension ? Not really. Imo most of the time the reasons are very cliché.

Yeah you asked about todays presser but i already explained the connection between todays presser and Zolayes his comment.

" What Zolayes is basically saying is "talk is cheap" Mourinho can say what he wants in his press conferences unless we actually see it on the pitch it's meaningless.

Like for example Mourinho talking about building a dynasty 2 years ago but we look far from a dynasty atm don't we "

Maybe it would be best if we just dropped it. Feel like this discussion is just gonna go back and forth.

Well we are in crisis mode. City got off to a stop-start last season but they had 9 points more at this stage of the season last year. Massive difference. Take in to the fact that they had played us, United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. They were in the title race but our form was just too good at that stage. 20 points last season for them compared to our 11 this season. Also they looked convincing in their victories as well, unlike us.

You've just said it yourself 'our form was just too good' you see all too quickly forgotten isn't it? Its transparent that we are in a rut but let's just throw José to the lions cus its all his fault, not the players nor the board......

Now I'm not going to go and Google Citys poor run but I know they lost to Burnley in that poor spell & deservedly so but whatever, that loss of form lost them the title, no? They then recovered after said poor spell & managed to get second - some patience from their board & fans unlike some on here, so with 28 kin well games left why is it impossible in so many peoples thinking that we won't turn it around?

You can't seriously be comparing City dropping to 3rd with us sitting 15th in the table in November! Moyes' united came close but we've managed to out do them. There's no two ways about it, we're in phenomenally deep shit! I'm sorry, but it's pure denial if we don't realize that.

I don't think City's run last season was as bad as ours, but the fact that the run was in the second half meant it didn't show in the table, like our previous shit run of results between 10-13.

I don't think City's run last season was as bad as ours, but the fact that the run was in the second half meant it didn't show in the table, like our previous shit run of results between 10-13.

Yes, and the fact that this one is adds pressure and changes the whole situation. Also having a bad run in the middle of the season means that at least the team has showed that it can play decent football. For us this season there has been no sign that we can improve or that we are heading in an upward direction.

Jason always posts who's fit and who isn't in the match thread so you don't need to watch Mourinho's presser to know.

Reasons behind a player's contract extension ? Not really. Imo most of the time the reasons are very cliché.

Yeah you asked about todays presser but i already explained the connection between todays presser and Zolayes his comment.

" What Zolayes is basically saying is "talk is cheap" Mourinho can say what he wants in his press conferences unless we actually see it on the pitch it's meaningless.

Like for example Mourinho talking about building a dynasty 2 years ago but we look far from a dynasty atm don't we "

Maybe it would be best if we just dropped it. Feel like this discussion is just gonna go back and forth.

yep best you did drop it...because I know exactly what I said.., what was meant.....its there in black and white...and only reactionary's could make that connection between me asking about todays presser and a comment he made over 2 years ago. Bit stupid really.

Like I also said...suit yourself ref pressers ( i got it the first time ) but many many supporters like them

Dynastys take time and it could well happen if he allowed to stay