The Mourinho Thread

Am I the only one who doesn't care that much about making top 4? I'd rather see us play some really good football like the first half of last season and finish like 5th than seeing us play like we have been since January.

a lot of us would have been much happier simply if players like baba, RLC, kenedy, traore were given a better chance. that would have been a statement of purpose to the other players as well as to our youth players, most of whom would have given up on ever making it here.

Am I the only one who doesn't care that much about making top 4? I'd rather see us play some really good football like the first half of last season and finish like 5th than seeing us play like we have been since January.

I know I don't care top 4 this season atleast. I would also take path to recovery in terms of seeing youngsters and new tactics/formation ahead of top 4. Besides I for one believe only if we change our formation/tactics and start to concentrate on good football will even be able to reach top 5. A wise man once said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" same thing applies to us. It would be insane if Mourinho continues to do whatever he think he is doing right now and expect that we would come out on top.

Also for starters Mourinho needs to keep his mouth sealed. No bad mouthing the players or team or the medical staff or opposition managers or the referees or himself for that matter. Results first then have a go at the media :P

I can just about stomach the shit football if we are winning - but it makes me sad inside.

Now we are losing/drawing I cannot stand the football we play - it just lacks everything.

If he could change (he can't) then I genuinely believe he has a shot at keeping his job.

Let's be clear here - the only person responsible for the sacking (inevitable IMHO) of Mourinho is MOURINHO himself!

The board have shown unprecedented levels of support - Jose is the one self destructing here - and in a way, it would probably be best if the Board done the decent thing and put him out of his misery - at least that way the Jose fanboys can still pretend he's the best manager in the world :) - rather than witness his ultimate demise as the season unfolds. As much as he annoys me - I'd rather he leave sooner rather than later.

I guess the lineup tonight will give us some indications of what he is thinking.

If I was responsible for the running of Chelsea, I would like Mourinho to take time out for a month to sort 'personal' issues out that are away from football and to give him a chance to refresh, take stock of the whole situation ( including looking at himself) .

Let Steve Holland run the team coaching and face the cameras during this period, and then when Mourinho comes back...see how the land lies then.

Too many 'fans' are trigger happy these days and its rather ironic its the same ones that call for a managers head, or say we should sign X and get rid of Y after dodgy performances that have criticized the board/ Roman in the past for getting rid of managers/players to early etc etc.

Mourinho just looks as if he needs time away for a bit....but whether he himself would allow that is another story

This should happen more in football. Managers given sabatticals. His dad was/is seriously ill as well -we'd get time off for that in our jobs.

Anyway if he gets the Spanish Archer I reckon it will be becuase hes engineered it

I think the liverpool game will be his last game.

It will be an absolute nightmare of a game for us. If there is one thing we do not cope well with, it is pressing and that's exactly what klopp likes to do and losing against a direct top 4 rival at home will be too much after all that has happened.

I wouldn't mind keeping Jose till the end of the season if he could ensure top 4 at least but that seems so far away and there are zero signs of improvement

It will be an absolute nightmare of a game for us. If there is one thing we do not cope well with, it is pressing and that's exactly what klopp likes to do and losing against a direct top 4 rival at home will be too much after all that has happened.

I wouldn't mind keeping Jose till the end of the season if he could ensure top 4 at least but that seems so far away and there are zero signs of improvement

zero signs of improvement??

in Mourinho, that may well be the case, but since the Porto game there have been signs that are better than zero improvement with the team

Klopp may well like to do it but that current Liverpool team are not very good at it over 90 minutes

zero signs of improvement??

in Mourinho, that may well be the case, but since the Porto game there have been signs that are better than zero improvement with the team

It's more been the case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Overall... There hasn't been enough improvement at all. Key players are still not performing and results are still not acceptable.

It's more been the case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Overall... There hasn't been enough improvement at all. Key players are still not performing and results are still not acceptable.

I disagree....there has been a marked improvement on the pitch with effort, general team play etc.

Even down to 10 men we looked better than West Ham and more likely to go on and win it at times.

From the first couple games where we looked lathargic to now is like chalk and cheese

I don't know you about you, but I don't like Mourinho anymore but I love the club more.

And for the sake of the club I hope we start winning again and Mourinho continue till the end.

Because to me it doesn't make sense sacking him now and not have your main target ready.

Wait till the summer to do things like this.

Honestly, I just wish we could be getting decent results while playing good football. Even when we won the league last year, Mourinho had the team "park the bus" against all of the big teams and well, I just don't like watching that against all of the big teams when you look at the likes of Man City, who will just go and attack them.

Honestly, I just wish we could be getting decent results while playing good football. Even when we won the league last year, Mourinho had the team "park the bus" against all of the big teams and well, I just don't like watching that against all of the big teams when you look at the likes of Man City, who will just go and attack them.

Man City just parked the bus against Man U on Sunday