test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

urm head says no. But, you know me...the eternal optimist ;-)

Indeed :) and that's not a negative mate :)

Just wish you'd been right and me wrong - this whole situation sucks :(

Apparently he will be sacked tomorrow and will take over ISIS....At least then nobody will be attacked

Sorry mate, you're one of the bosses around here, but please show some respect and don't joke around with this subject.

You know what they're doing, not funny.

A few day ago it was all over Dailymail.

Milan, Johnnyeye, stroey and 1 other like this

Amicably part company, get an interim in until the end of the season then throw cash at Simeone.

Jose, like Klopp, will recover elsewhere, but here things are broken and he needs to go.

Maybe have him back for a short third spell before he retires, because it would be a shame if this was his last action for Chelsea.

The end is definitely near if even Tomo is no longer defending Mourinho.

fucking hell, this seems real. if we lose (which is very likely), he is GONE.

wake the fuck up jose. for once, play a fucking team that can actually give us a chance of winning than a team you seem to have casted in stone. PLEASE. atleast give yourself a chance.

drop and kick out shitty cunts like cesc and oscar. just drop iva till the end of the season. give, RLC, remy, baba a true oppurtunity. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

stroey, Muzchap, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

fucking hell, this seems real. if we lose (which is very likely), he is GONE.

wake the fuck up jose. for once, play a fucking team that can actually give us a chance of winning than a team you seem to have casted in stone. PLEASE. atleast give yourself a chance.

drop and kick out shitty cunts like cesc and oscar. just drop iva till the end of the season. give, RLC, remy, baba a true oppurtunity. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I dont think he reads this forum. Funny if he did though :D

Hire an interim. Go all in for Pep in the summer.

Pep wouldn't come to Chelsea, he has hated the club since his Barcelona days

The end is definitely near if even Tomo is no longer defending Mourinho.

90% of the things I've said 're Jose still stands, but right now its not working for either party.

It's sad it's came to this but on the plus side, future managers won't get judged compared to Mourinho and have the fans chant for Jose when we have a bad spell, like what happened between both his spells every time we hit a rut, every cloud and that.

Styles likes this

I find it quite interesting how a lot people are going on about a possible deadline.

I have seen it all before, if he loses the next match gone, but nothing happened.
But it seems that it doesn't get boring. :readthemessage:

Johnnyeye likes this

Article by Michael Cox of Zonal Marking on our game against Bournemouth and problems this season.

"When absolutely everything has fallen apart, it cannot realistically be about technical or tactical weaknesses it hints at an overriding problem in terms of fitness or psychology. It is probably a combination of the two and the pattern throughout Mourinhos career of his teams falling away in the third season is clear. When unveiled at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2013, he correctly pointed out that his success came usually in the second season and he has triumphed in his sophomore campaign at Porto, Inter, Real Madrid and now in both spells at Chelsea.

But he failed to explain that he has never won a title in a third year. At Porto and Inter he had already departed for bigger clubs, at Real and in both spells at Chelsea his side have simply underperformed. The theory that Chelsea's players simply become bored of Mourinho's antics is clearly nothing new but there is also an argument his players are tired physically. When Mourinhos defences are at their meanest, its usually because he has kept the same unit intact and rotated very reluctantly"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/06/jose-mourinho-chelsea-champions-relegation-fight

The Chels likes this

I don't agree with your definition of stability. Peace wrote an outstanding post regarding stability not so long ago and used two perfect examples alongside his points, which I believe also represent where I stand regarding this issue.

How is the stability of a club that ages centuries affected by individuals such as managers or players that last at the very most two decades in that club?

Barca have enjoyed success despite having 4 managers in the last 10 years. Only 4 players are still playing in Barca. Despite the major changes in players, managers, and even the president, they have experienced great success by sticking to their identity of attractive and positive Football.

Arsenal were invincibles but then a group of young players that were trying to imitate Barcelona. Now they are a team that are satisfied with fourth place. But remember, they have had one manager this entire time.

We on the other hand with Mourinho went from acceptable football to beautiful football, then ugly football and now 14th place.

This goes to show that stability in football is reached when you establish a Football identity and the managers and players you sign are reflective of that identity. We as a club are a joke in this department. Going from unbeatable side in Mourinho's first tenure to Ancelotti's sexy Football, to AVB's team that emphasized on developing youth, to signing attacking players and at the end of the story giving Mourinho the control of these players.

It's just not right; we can't be jumping from side to side anymore. Choose what identity you want established in the club and stick with it. The next step would be signing managers and players that fit what we're trying to not achieve not ones that are totally contrasting to what we're trying to build.

A feeling tells me the board haven't learned their lesson yet. It's not a good sign when I see Simeone OR Ancelotti as the next managerial option. These two are totally different in coaching styles, and the possibility of the board looking at both as replacements for Mourinho goes to show you they do not have a clue what they are doing.

Great post - think we have all considered what our footballing philosophy is/was/could be...

The belief was inverse to reality.

It was stability then identity, when it should have been identity then stability.

We got it the wrong way round :(