The Mourinho Thread

If Mourinho doesn´t get the axe, he will resigns, eventually.

Mourinho doesn't like a hostile enviroment. Despite press controversies, british media learned to love Mourinho, and most of the Mourinho's myth was created in England. Just think about the famous "special one" conference. There was nothing special in what he said, he just said he believed he was a special manager. Somehow those word became messianic, and soon he became the Special One.

One of the reasons he left Spain was lack of love, the man said himself, while in England he was loved. The love is slowly dying.

If Mourinho doesn´t get the axe, he will resigns, eventually.

Mourinho doesn't like a hostile enviroment. Despite press controversies, british media learned to love Mourinho, and most of the Mourinho's myth was created in England. Just think about the famous "special one" conference. There was nothing special in what he said, he just said he believed he was a special manager. Somehow those word became messianic, and soon the became the Special One.

One of the reasons he left Spain was lack of love, the man said himself, while in England he was loved. The love is slowly dying.

Don't know, that £30m+ is too good and probably worth risking his relationship with some fans/Chelsea over it :ph34r:

Don't know, that £30m+ is too good and probably worth risking his relationship with some fans/Chelsea over it :ph34r:

He will find a deal with the board. Probably will get less than the 30m, but he is a very smart man. He won´t risk damaging his myth. Mourinho´s status outside England is not as good as it used to be. If he gets fired due to bad results and poor tactics, his next club won't play the waiting game for that long if the results are not as good as they were supposed to be.

If they sack him. Would next manager have this passion for this club? Ofc not.

jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-g

It's like the last time, some of us will only notice what they have lost, when he is already gone.

It needs a guy like Avb 2.0 to make them realise, then the moaning will reach new heights, business as usual.

Don't like it one little bit!

"We will make a change if the situation is irretrievable and realistically #CFC are looking to get through to December" (ESPN)

We are going to look at performance. We don't want to make a managerial change" (ESPN)

I hope this is true. :wub:

Indeed, he was spot on:

"There is a theory that Mourinho is trying to engineer his own sacking by his increasingly provocative behaviour. I do not buy it. I do not think, either, that Mourinhos pronouncements and actions are as thought through as others have claimed. Instead he is simply lashing out."

People like to think Mourinho is very calculated and that he plans things 2 or 3 steps ahead. That couldn't be any further from the truth. He is very emotional and acts on impulse and right now he is very emotional.

Jose Mourinho, Chelsea and West Ham up on FA charges

Jose Mourinho, Silvino Louro, Chelsea and West Ham have all been charged by the Football Association in the wake of Saturday's London derby.

The Chelsea manager's charge is "in relation to his language and/or behaviour towards the match officials in or around the dressing room area at half-time" during his side's 2-1 defeat.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10044950/jose-mourinho-chelsea-and-west-ham-up-on-fa-charges

People like to think Mourinho is very calculated and that he plans things 2 or 3 steps ahead. That couldn't be any further from the truth. He is very emotional and acts on impulse and right now he is very emotional.

Agreed my friend. But that's also why I see this getting turned around, that old psychological phenomenon we under appreciate every day 'confidence'. Amazing what an average team can do when they have it (West Ham), incredibly vicious when a world class team don't have it.

I know, I know. One way to improve confidence, sack the root of all this acting out and see if new-manager-syndrome will kick in. But that shred of belief I still have Jose can do this lingers, I really hope this doesn't get worse before it gets better though :(

Dailymail is pulling out the big guns, their page has been overflown with articles about Chelsea and especially Mourinho for quite some time. The longer he stays, the crazier it gets, lol.
Perfect for the "us against the world" mentality, absolutely loving it...

I just read somewhere (not sure how accurate) that no team in PL history with less than 13 points after 10 games has ever finished in the top 4.

But no team in history had so much quality and were only there due to bad form...

Those kind of statistcs are bullshit and dont mean shit because all other teams that had less than 13 points werent expected to be elsewhere. Chelsea is rhe first big team to struggle without logical reason. Our case is totally unprecedented.

Funny enough though, if things go back on track (either with or without Jose) I wouldnt be shocked if we end up squeezing a top 4 finish. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc, will all have their fair share of ups and downs.

But no team in history had so much quality and were only there due to bad form...

Those kind of statistcs are bullshit and dont mean shit because all other teams that had less than 13 points werent expected to be elsewhere. Chelsea is rhe first big team to struggle without logical reason. Our case is totally unprecedented.

Funny enough though, if things go back on track (either with or without Jose) I wouldnt be shocked if we end up squeezing a top 4 finish. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc, will all have their fair share of ups and downs.

Statistics in general are rubbish. Most are stated without context so they hardly mean anything. I remember Barbara's sig at one point stated something along the lines of this: 'stats are like miniskirts. Interesting but hide all the important parts'.

In the USA pundits and commentators talk about stats like they are the law of the game. They exposition dump stats into the viewer's ears. It is frustrating!