The Mourinho Thread

guardiola would be a disaster. we are not a team for soft passing. i bet he would stick cesc up front , azpi in midfield and matic to cb. not even worth thinking about. ancelotti and emery are the only managers I can see out there.

yeah , desperate to keep him for next seasons COC campaign. I don't believe those claims. you don't beg the board to keep him , you play him.

He got playing time in the league.

Sometimes things need more time.

KdB couldn't wait with the upcoming world cup, so he desperately wanted to leave and the club granted his wishes.

I can moan every day about that decision or take it like a man and get on with life.

For me, it's the last one.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-no-respect-media

Really strange. Mourinho saying he is getting no respect when his private life is involved, then a Chelsea spokesperson explains the teenage video controversy.

So, why in the hell is a Chelsea spokesperson explaining something that according to Mourinho himself, is something related to his private life?

I really don't know if Mourinho has any kind influence in how the club interact with media, but in the past there was no official words at all during controvertial moments, and now the club is even releasing dull statements just to say the clubs "is not happy" with Diego Costa banning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-no-respect-media

Really strange. Mourinho saying he is getting no respect when his private life is involved, then a Chelsea spokesperson explains the teenage video controversy.

So, why in the hell is a Chelsea spokesperson explaining something that according to Mourinho himself, is something related to his private life?

I really don't know if Mourinho has any kind influence in how the club interact with media, but in the past there was no official words at all during controvertial moments, and now the club is even releasing dull statements just to say the clubs "is not happy" with Diego Costa banning.

They're right though. People have zero respect these days smh

Please, no Guardiola, please.

What he has achieved in Barcelona was masterclass, he arguably put up one of the best team ever, and won a shitload of trophies, buit the past is the past.

When he went to Munich, he inherited one of the most dominant team ever, the Bayern of Heynckes, which was so impressive and nearly impossible to beat (remember the 7-0 against Barcelona).

Since then, what exactly has he achieved?

He managed to "destroy" the best side of Europe at that moment (no doubt about it), and transform it into a way less effective team, altering the culture of the club by only bringing spanish players (with one or two exceptions) and implementing that tikitaka style that doesn't fit Bayern.

Also, let's not talk about his need of playing his players out of their best position. He'd come, Fabregas would become a CB and Pedro a DM. I'm exagerating of course but you get the point.

This man is such a hipster...

He won the Bundesliga, as it would be expected, but failed everytime it mattered most, in the last stages of the CL. Lost lamentably against Real and Barcelona last year.

Let's just stick with José and give him the time to turn things around.

I don't like Guardiola myself but I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice.

Yes he took over a treble team, but that doesn't make his job easier, if anything it makes it harder, motivating motivating team off the back of success is the hardest job in football, never mind a treble, he had to go to Bayern and convince and motivate a bunch of treble winners to not only "go again" but to embrace the new ideas, look at Benitez in Inter, it really isn't as easy as it looks on the face of it.

He might have underachieved In Europe but he's done very well to keep up the domestic dominance and avoid complacency.

I don't like Guardiola myself but I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice.

Yes he took over a treble team, but that doesn't make his job easier, if anything it makes it harder, motivating motivating team off the back of success is the hardest job in football, never mind a treble, he had to go to Bayern and convince and motivate a bunch of treble winners to not only "go again" but to embrace the new ideas, look at Benitez in Inter, it really isn't as easy as it looks on the face of it.

He might have underachieved In Europe but he's done very well to keep up the domestic dominance and avoid complacency.

it would have been more impressive , not to keep up the domestic dominance , with that squad, in that league.

i guess at inter , the players were old and tired. I think jose said , it was their last chance.

Or Mourinho at Chelsea this season.

So yes motivation after winning big is hard as we are seeing now.

@Tomo,

See this is what I told you about Mourinho. Giving a one game here and there to a youth don't mean nothing if it's not sustainable time.

As soon as one game back to being in the bench RLC.

And let's not even talk about that as soon as Ivanovic is back to being fit he goes back to RB.

Sustainability is the key!

Mourinho failed to win a Champions League title with prime Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cech, Drogba, Ballack, Makelele, Essien etc. Not to mention failing with Madrid as well.

If Pep's supposedly a European failure what does that make Jose? Can't believe the disrespect on here.

It's stupid. No one is supposed to win the CL. It's the CL.

It's so incredibly childish. Pep is one of the greatest managers of all time, slightly underperforming (he reached the Semis both times!) with Bayern is no indictment on his craft. I don't get this notion his football is boring either, like have people been watching our football these past 8-9 months. If Pep is boring, what's Jose?

Exactly, especially when he won it twice with the likes of Porto and Inter.

I agree with you that it was no easy task to take on this team and live up to the standards put in place, but he still should have done better.

About the new idea part, that's exactly why I'm so critical of him.

Why change completely the direct style of this team, that was proven and utterly effective? It is one thing to motivate a team that won the treble, but he should have shown more adaptability, instead of trying to change this team to its core. This was his call, and only his.

About the league, and of all leagues, the Bundesliga has been the less disputed the last few years, Bayern is alone on another planet, that's why it would have been a professional mistake to fail to win it.

I believe he was recruited to "confirm" this european domination, and was not able to make it.

It's harsh, and although he's done great things with Barcelona, he's not the genius people like to believe he is.

Just as I predicted, all the small progress(if even that) we made over the last week was just a false dawn. Time for him to go really, he has destroyed the squad mentally to the point of irreparable now. All these mind games and throwing the main players under the bus while at the same time favoring some other extremely doesn't help his case.

Got a feeling he will be sacked before the end of November, surely a couple more losses after this with us being like 20 points off City mean he has to go. Can see Hazard leaving for real if he is still here after this season, maybe a couple of others like Costa and Matic who are frustated might want to go too. Really should have been sacked a couple of weeks ago after Southampton, now we lost one of the best candidate in Klopp to Liverpool. Carlo and Pep are only good available options left now along with Simeone as outside favorite.