The Mourinho Thread

We beat Arsenal of all teams, keep a clean sheet, play quick, counter-attacking aggressive football, Hazard, Costa and Fabregas make themselves look like completely different players, heck, even Ivanovic did alright. And YET, people still complain? It's like the average age of this forum is 15 or something.

"People complaining" has not been the general consensus over the last few pages at all.

Yeah, that's natural. Nothing to criticise. Jose was spot on today with team selection, but we still have a long way to go.

definitely, I said so in most of my posts. We took some important steps but we are far from solving all our problems and some of them are on José.

It's just for someone who's been criticized exhaustively and sometimes beyond what he really deserves, one could expect some small positive reaction after the week we had.

He's sending important messages imo about who gets to play and who doesn't. He's been using the youngsters more often now than in the past, he's trying to react and that counts. He still needs to fix the mess he created by himself in our RB, we still need to be better drilled - or look like we are drilled at all, but there have been insistent complaints about certain actions by him and he showed some response on a few of them, but the ones who criticize him to hell don't seem to be able to say it's a small step in the right direction. I know some want him out of the club - it's their prerogative, but a bit of recognition for actually doing some rights wouldn't hurt.

Wellllll there is one thing to criticise about Mourinho....him saying Costa was the MOTM and all, but it's not worth us discussing that. As you said, the team selection (even though I was about to give up when he chose Ivanovic!) was spot on and in the end, was proud.

I actually enjoyed Jose picking Costa out as man of the match

I thought our approach was brilliant. Desire, motivation and commitment was there. We chased them down and wanted to destroy them. It was reminiscent of some of Real Madrid's approach. However quality has a lot to desire. We hardly created any chance. Diego Costa ruined every attack, our full-backs didn't contribute. Oscar and Fabregas couldn't pass between them in the final third. I just think the desire is there but I have huge, I mean huge, doubts about quality of our squad. You can make up against weaker opposition and that's sufficient but I don't think our players are good enough to beat big opponent by playing pure football. Not when our striker can't play actual football and our no.10 passes are severely misweighted.

Credit for Jose, he prepared team brilliant, team selection was good, our second phase of pressing was great, the desire and commitment was on point plus nice post-matches interview and press-conference. If we win some big trophy with this squad I think we overachieve and winning two titles in the row with that squad would be masterpiece by our manager.

Later, Mourinho said that Chelsea's position in the table had contributed to the selection. "If we didn't need to win the game so much we probably would have kept our block lower and more compact," he said. "But because we desperately needed a victory we couldn't wait, we had to bring our defensive line up." He will be happy he did.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/tactics-and-analysis/67/post/2622059/jose-mourinhos-terry-decision-pays-off

This sums up Mourinho's philosophy. He'll never change so get used to it.

"Mr Wenger, he said I have to cope with my defeats. Well, tonight he has to cope with his defeat"

"I did my job, he did his job and everything is now back to normal"

"Smile !"

From his post-match media stuff. Great !

I can't be the only one who thinks JT still has a role to play? Different games require different players, I expect Chelsea to play a high-line more so that we grab the initiative early on and score. We need goals and points. But I definitely do expect JT to feature on in games that we really do need to focus more on defense.