The Mourinho Thread

Still don't get it.
They start running from behind his back, so how could they know he did n't want them to ?
Jon-Eva get to know Jose did n't want them to go in only after their return !
The speed of their movements also indicates they too wanted the game to resume as soon as possible and that they believed there was a real injury to the player.
Mourinho evidently had a different view of Hazard's fall but after that he seems to understand what went on and his argument wih Eva lasts no more than one second. Then he fell victim to the journalist at interview time and then the positions became entrenched the way they are now.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about that argument and who is right and who is wrong? In the end of the day Jose is the man in charge and Eva is just an easily replaceable member of the staff.

Eva didn't help the situation by posting that message on Facebook but you wouldn't be saying all of this if you were in her (or Jon Fearn's) place and your boss decided to throw you under the bus in the public for not doing anything wrong.

This is a really weird situation. Obviously its hard for the docs in that position, as they will get flamed hard if they leave a player on the floor (especially if he is injured). Mou not wanting them to remove Hazard from the pitch might make tactical sense, but neither they, or most doctors I bet, are really tactical masterminds (nor is it why they are hired). Unless this is something he has specifically discussed with them before (and even then its really a hard call) then he has little right to be angry for any longer amount of time.

As for demoting them, the timing is crap. If it is based on a long-standing issue, then summer would have been the better time. If it is based on the reactions from the doctors after the game (mouthing off, being disrespectful etc), then it is understandable but should perhaps be leaked to the media (as they will of course otherwise make Eva a victim).
IF it is based solely on the match incident, and the one Facebook post, then it is extremely harsh and petty, and something I have a really hard time standing behind.

We all know that Mourinho is quite smug and self-serving (and I say that as someone who likes him and think he has many redeeming qualities). The only question is if he would deflect blame and follow a personal vendetta to this degree, as it has cast a huge shadow over Chelsea's PR.

Eva didn't help the situation by posting that message on Facebook but you wouldn't be saying all of this if you were in her (or Jon Fearn's) place and your boss decided to throw you under the bus in the public for not doing anything wrong.

You're probably right. However, I'm looking at it from a sensible fan's perspective - just want to move on and stop giving this non-story publicity. And Eva could definitely do without the stupid facebook message. I mean why would you indirectly launch a public attack on your moody boss is beyond me, even if you hadn't done anything wrong.

Its not just about Eva or the other dude. Its about the image of the club and the division this whole thing will create in the dressing room. Say, how would Eden feel knowing these guys got in to trouble on his account? ... No one would pick a physio over Mourinho but this doesn't change the fact, Jose fucked up

Most CEOs and leaders are narcissistic and in a few instances sociopathic. To lead you have to have a high opinion of yourself and illustrate to those that follow that your confidence cannot be shaken.

Look at some of worst people in history that were able to captivate large following they all were narcisstic and in some cases megalomaniacs. (I.e Hitler Stalin, Koresh, Manson etc. All dispicable human beings yet they were able to have many followers because they held unflappable conviction and people as a whole will follow these people in a flock mentality.

Clearly I'm not equating Mourinho to them but rather illustrating how much a dominant figure he is after all look how many people think he is above criticism and will label anyone who criticizes him as not a true Chelsea fan.

As for toxicity Mourinho has never stayed anywhere for a long not because he can't but because he burns bridges and makes enemies because he's blunt and doesn't give an F. He's too much Sonny and not enough Michael Corleone.

I'm not an Eva devotee or other such nonsense. I just don't understand airing out dirty laundry or scapegoating while refusing to take responsibility.

I mean I get that, I even think Mourinho shouldn't have been so public about that. Especially if it is meant to act as a deflective tactic to take the spotlight off a pretty dimwitted performance.

But I do think to call him toxic is jumping the gun a little bit. While he does rub people the wrong way, often on points of his own merits that hardly makes him toxic. If we look back on his career, he fell out with Abramovich because (and we can only go by speculation here of course) he had signings forced upon him as opposed to making his own decisions. He left Inter by mutual consent once he'd done it all and wanted a new challenge, which really just leaves Real & his first spell at Chelsea where he'd burned bridges. But then how much do you want to put on him?

I'm not going to blindly say Mourinho was right and Eva was wrong (lord know how that conclusion is being met by people), but he's not near as bad as is being made out by those who have criticised him.

lol

So you beleive the problem is Eva, male or female? Mourinho was wrong to blame medical staff for getting into the pitch to chek a player's situation.

my point is that the press keep going on about her and keep failing to mention that Jon ran onto the pitch first, they seem to be just focusing on Eva because she is a female and good looking.

Sky seem to be the only ones that have spoke about both staff members

I have heard some articles where some are saying Mourinho is angry with the lack of activity in the market. I don't understand this argument. Months ago people were saying Jose had full control of transfer activity.

Many said he was fucking genius because "he" sold Mata, Luiz, Bruyne and Lukaku and "he" bought Fabregas and Diego Costa and "he" still got profit. If he is angry with lack of activity in market, then perhaps he doesn't have full control of situtation, and I don't believe he does, because few clubs in the world allow the manager to have full control in transfer market, but no doubt he really have a word.

He only got himself to blame for the state of current squad.