The Mourinho Thread

Win or lose, it's still a pre-season/glorified friendly which ever way you look at it. Yes, we would be happy had we won but we wouldn't be celebrating much about it because it's not the EPL, UCL, FA Cup or League Cup.

I know but the point is every trophy or even every rival game we should look to win no matter what.

Yeah obviously but its a trophy still. Slightly more competitive game than a dead rubber pre-season game in USA isn't it? Its not much but trophies a trophy and against Arsenal a big rival, still a high stake in my eyes.

Saying its basically just a friendly is just to cover in case we lose in my eyes...

It is a trophy though. No exaggeration at all. Yes but 2012, who was our coach Di Matteo? Jose is a winner and he will always take every opportunity to win any trophies he can. Its like saying losing the Super Cup to Atletico and Bayern meant nothing but if we won it people would of been happy we did.

Would rather we won it and not Arsenal, as should yous and as would Jose. No point writing it off as a friendly because we lost.

You were allowed extra substitutes , and get a plate if you win. How could it be anything other than a friendly?

Yeah obviously but its a trophy still. Slightly more competitive game than a dead rubber pre-season game in USA isn't it? Its not much but trophies a trophy and against Arsenal a big rival, still a high stake in my eyes.

Saying its basically just a friendly is just to cover in case we lose in my eyes...

It is a trophy though. No exaggeration at all. Yes but 2012, who was our coach Di Matteo? Jose is a winner and he will always take every opportunity to win any trophies he can. Its like saying losing the Super Cup to Atletico and Bayern meant nothing but if we won it people would of been happy we did.

Would rather we won it and not Arsenal, as should yous and as would Jose. No point writing it off as a friendly because we lost.

Sorry mate but it is a friendly all be it one that's a bit more competitive then the average one. We lost in 2007 when Mou was the manager so i don't see the relevance of that. I'm always happy when Chelsea win trophies but the Charity Shield and Super Cup are just by product competitions you've won a major trophy so your obligated to play an arranged friendly.

We would be slagging the north Londoners off if they were coming out with the daft excuses some of us are coming out with.

Theres times when we gotta call a spade a spade and ask some tough questions.

You were allowed extra substitutes , and get a plate if you win. How could it be anything other than a friendly?

Sorry mate but it is a friendly all be it one that's a bit more competitive then the average one. We lost in 2007 when Mou was the manager so i don't see the relevance of that. I'm always happy when Chelsea win trophies but the Charity Shield and Super Cup are just by product competitions you've won a major trophy so your obligated to play an arranged friendly.

The point is not whether it should be a trophy or not. Since it is a trophy, we should take it serious and try winning it, the point is not whether it is a plate your allowed with extra substitutes. The same with the Club World Cup, the European Super Cup... doesn't matter if they are meaningful or not, they are trophies and trophies at the end of the day are there to be won so why shouldn't we?

Community Shield = Winners of the PL vs. Winners of the FA Cup.

I mean I guess the Spanish Super Cup, German Super Cups etc. are meaningless as well huh? If Atletico Madrid play Real in the Super Cup, and Atletico won, Real Madrid will be like "Oh we let you win because it's a friendly."

Oh and that plate is still a trophy. No matter how bad you look at it.

Ssc is 2 legs at the teams grounds , so obviously its more serious.

The plate is still a trophy , but not one to get upset over. Its a slight shame , nothing more. Forgotten once the season starts

No excuses Jose. All the talk about better team lost, they played defensive blah blah...

I guess he forgot 90% of big game wins we parked the bus and played worse than our opponent.

What he should do instead of talking shit about Wenger, Rafa, spending etc, is why the fuck we didnt improve one thing from last season. Why didnt we buy a top box to box like Vidal if he intends to play Ramires in big games, why didnt we fix the quantity and quality of our bench, but instead we are even thinner now. Why the hell did he bring Falcao instead of striker who will at least do his job.

Finaly despite putting shitload of practice on defending, we still look like shit in defense against any better attackers.

I like Mou but he is such a dick when he loses. So unprofessional, cuntish and childlish behavour.

Few things we had to fix this summer:

Improve our starting 11 by bringing top player. No solution.

Improve and expand our bench. No fix.

Tactical and mental approach in big games to play with more control. No improvement.

When we take lead, we cant keep it. That wasnt fixed either.

Its pre season, so I couldnt care less about the results. But the way we play shows glimpses of how team will play. And we played bad for majority. I dont expect we will be this bad, but I dont expect we will suddenly improve greatly as soon as ''real'' games start.

Another point out is that we have striker who is injured waay too much. We have playmaker and key midfielder in Fabregas who is absolute garbage in majority of crucial games. Jose needs to make some changes and make them quick.

The funniest and saddest part is that our response on all that is buying two kid defenders in Baba and Stones for fucking 50m pounds and everyone seems happy about it. Sterling for 49m was less of a joke. I see we need to fix our defense but not by bringing two kids with no experience for 50m and do nothing about our midfield and wings. FFS.

The SADDEST thing is I think almost everything you wrote is correct

The point is not whether it should be a trophy or not. Since it is a trophy, we should take it serious and try winning it, the point is not whether it is a plate your allowed with extra substitutes. The same with the Club World Cup, the European Super Cup... doesn't matter if they are meaningful or not, they are trophies and trophies at the end of the day are there to be won so why shouldn't we?

By your logic, it's bad that we didn't win the International Champions Cup...

By your logic, it's bad that we didn't win the International Champions Cup...

No its not. A trophy is a trophy. Pre-season games fine but Community Shield is one week before the PL season starts, boys should be up for it and try to win it for sure. Its not much but still nice wee boost going into the season, its only a shit trophy but okay its a trophy which is better than no trophies.

Just

I just remembered we lost in 2006 and 2007 under Mou so i don't see why he'll be to cut up about it.We didn't play well we lost that's the end of it. The Charity Shield up until the new Wembley was built rarely sold out 65,000 when we played Man Utd in 2000 and 73,000 when we played them in 1997. It's just the media building up the hype as usual

I always support him, but this defeat is his blame, only his blame. And if we failed this season, will be his blame.

The same problems of the past season, the same mistakes, today we did the typical "Big match" of the last season, with the difference who the result was even worst. It's incredible, is like if the past season never existed. All of us sees that, but seems that he not.

Wake up Mou, you are yet in time.

Point I'm trying to make is the Community Shield is the English Super Cup. Only difference is it's played at Wembley like a final. I'm tired of hearing silly excuses like, "it's a glorified friendly so it's ok if we played shit today". We got schooled by our bitter London rivals Arsenal on the big stage in Wembley, fair and square. Doesn't matter if it's a "glorified friendly" or not. It was even obvious Mourinho wants to win. Our starting XI couldn't make it more clearer.

The fact it's Arsenal should have given more motivation to beat these assholes and take the shield more seriously. As I said it's like Real v Atletico, and Real fans finding a silly excuse that we didn't give them a game because it's just a super cup.

Most importantly I feel sorry for the fans. The fans that travelled to the US to see Chelsea play poorly and the fans that travelled to Wembley to see our team play poorly and having Arsenal fans going bananas.

Schooled? We werent great , but i think we were better than them. We would have won , if a certain 2 people had achieved basic finishing.

I trew a party when it was finalized Mou had come back to us and I love the guy alot. You really couldnt ask for a better manager. And I normally trust him 100%. I love his no sentiment,no BS approach to team selection.

How he can get rid of amazing players who have been our best players so it can make the team as a whole better, stronger.

But how can he do that yet not see the trouble we are in right now?

He can get rid of Mata,Lamps...... to make the team stronger, to let other players come thru because a players too big, but how the fuck can't he see that Rami amd Mikel just are not good enough and dont offer us anything for our awful midfield? And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

It surely cant just be a favorites game or to pull a Wenger and try to prove he is right when everyone else is wrong.

Can it??