The Mourinho Thread

I'm sure the initial plan was to nick the win on counter-attacks and we nearly did had we not had one bad moment when we conceded, but as the game progressed I think it became clearer to the team that they don't simply have enough steam (and quality without costa and cesc) left to deal with a super-aggressive City. Hence the dramatic difference between 1st and 2nd half.... we dropped so low and abandoned attacking for good, which suggests that Jose understood we would be lucky to score another one, so it was better to keep the draw.

Agree, actually the plan are almost the same at Etihad, but there comes Lampard unexpected (or expected) goal, and this time Aguero/Silva goal is definitely not in Jose's mind and should not happened.

I'm calling for your name couple of hours ago because this place was 'very toxic' by that time buddy. This is happening regularly now, every time we win, draw, leave alone loses. Sometimes we need someone to remind everyone about Jose, and I think you are the right person to do it best. Keep up the good works.

hahaha. Thank you very much. Yes, I have read some comments against Mourinho ...

It is normal, Jose is the best coach in the world ... Or you love him or you hate him ... and you and me love JOSE.

All keep paddling together ... I am sure that in May many who now criticize Jose, they loved madly Jose.

The opportunism is sad, but so is football ...

Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourinho!

RECORD-357506.jpg

Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea!

chelseaheart.gif

Regards.

I blame the fact he wasn't wearing a suit. Damnit Jose!

Yes. Jose has to retrieve the suit and ironic smile.

I think Jose feels misunderstood. And it really is difficult to understand that with the season we are doing, there is still people who dare to criticize him.

Regards.

Yes. Jose has to retrieve the suit and ironic smile.

I think Jose feels misunderstood. And it really is difficult to understand that with the season we are doing, there is still people who dare to criticize him.

Regards.

Agreed. Jose needs a hug.

Seriously? I cannot believe the bollox I'm reading on here.

We've had a tough gruelling run of games, we've been given no quarter anywhere on the pitch and off it.

And yet we still march on !

This is called a 'Winners' mentality - anything other than a LOSS is acceptable.

Our team has shipped the most goals in Jan - outside of Millwall and other relegation battlers - playing Open football is suicide. You have to have a solid foundation at the back and then attack!

Look at Liverpool last season! Just ONE defensive minded game would have seen them Champions - but because their manager is a KNOB they blew it! They know it, he knows it - that chance ain't coming around again soon! Then to top it off - we do them in the CoC...

So now we've fucked their title and the chance of Wembley.

Yes I was pissed off at our performances - but Loserpool gave everything and still weren't good enough - WHY? Because the team spirit and mental 'winners' mentality is slowly starting to kick in. Sure we have had wobbles - but last season and the season before we'd have lost against Loserpool and City.

A win against the Villa - will get everybody happy!

Please let's not be fickle. I know I have complained - but I'm done with that now - I demanded a winning mentality and I'm seeing green shoots of progress. I don't care how we win this season, but WINNING is all that counts!

Once we have won - then we can tinker with our attacking focus, but let's get across the line first and forge that winning mentality and move on to dominate. A new signing will also freshen up the place and lift the other players.

Now is time for a well earned rest, re-group and go again!

Even though a part of me isn't happy with the dull performances against top teams in the league, it helps to look at the bigger picture. If this is what we have to do to win the league this season then so be it. Just wish Jose could have re-created that masterclass at the Etihad from last season..

Hehe I was just going to say that.
Have not seen Terminator X comment on his style of clothing.

It's winter, so you can't expect him to be wearing a suit on the touchline right now.

That's why we go through our winter slumps.

Lmao.

Having said that, I do think there is truth in the points people were making about how since Jose isn't the 'new guy on the block' anymore, he doesn't feel the need to impress as much with his attire.

This was a badass look earlier this season, might see it again in the spring..

gtqBBH8.jpg

Until now I'm satisfied with Mourinho this season. Winning a big trophy this season is an obligation in my opinion. The team is 5 points clear and thats what really matters. The team is also playing good and solid football.

For me it's pretty simple. Whatever Mourinho told the team in the 2nd half clearly didn't work. We came out looking far worse and tried to protect the lead, potentially settling for either a draw or a loss.

I just read a stat that this match was the lowest amount of shots we've had in a game since 2003/2004. We had 3 shots in the game, a big fat zero in the 2nd half. That's shots, not even shots on target. How is that even possible?

This is not solely because of the fatigue or because Costa and Fabregas didn't play. We had our best spell of the match in the last minutes of the first half for god's sake!

Then we come out playing like THAT from minute 1 of the 2nd half? We didn't even try to win for even till say minute 60? I'm not buying the fatigue excuse, sorry.

Mourinho again used the same tactic he uses in big games (which is odd since chasing the ball saps more energy) and we had to settle for the point. Is that a tactical performance to be praised or noted? No it is not.

It's not once but at least twice you said things like "we tried to protect the lead from 1st minute in the 2nd half" which makes me wonder did you actually watch the match. You do know they equalized before the half time whistle yeh?