The Mourinho Thread

I think today downfall had a lot to do with Matic not being his usual.

A sub-par Matic exposed our weak link in the defense.

absolutely

I called the Matic poor appearance somewhere in the middle of the first half, we were still winning 1x0

We have a poor defender on Cahill, that overachieved last season in a system that protected the heck out of him (his penalty today was ridiculous, the tackle horrible off timing), and Ivanovic has been terrible. I don't have complaints about Terry, but he IS slow. So if Matic - who's been really tired and needs to be rested asap - is having a day off, then it exposes our frail defense.

José should have Zouma play though. He may make the same mistakes as Cahill, but I think he wouldn't make as many.

José has been taking the first team thing farther than necessary because most of our substitutes are out of form, but Zouma ain't one of them.

Thus I'm glad this happen now in the January transfer window so to see if we can buy anything.

When Matic performs poorly it means our defenders have to defend for themselves, which they are completely incapable of doing (except Azpi but even he got skimmed a few times).

Thus I'm glad this happen now in the January transfer window so to see if we can buy anything.

Yeah. It's a problem I think we've known about for a while, the cover of when Matic isn't available. The job he does is quite tiring, so 3 games in a week will definitely take its toll on his body. I imagine that he'll be rested vs Watford, but there's enough talent that could be available on the market.

please, with all due respect to you, that's BS.

Sorry. Diego Costa has been one of our best players this season. I'm not saying Mourinho shouldn't use Remy more or something, but this Mendes convo is just BS and unnecessary conspiracy talking

He has the players he trusts, likes, protects, favorites, or whatever. It has fucking nothing to do with their agent. He wouldn't have won so many things if he was influenced by it

Yes, he has, BUT. Replace Willian for Remy. When Costa isn't playing well, replace him. Give Remy minutes to prove what a good player he is.That's the point. Those things aren't mutually exclusive, both players can be great, and that's why we were excited when we signed both Remy and Costa. One of them isn't getting a fair chance to prove himself.

You might think he won't do something like that, but I personally believe he does. Nothing to get upset about, Barbara.

When Matic performs poorly it means our defenders have to defend for themselves, which they are completely incapable of doing.

2/4 anyway lol. I think the reason Mourinho keeps Azpilicueta at LB is because Hazard's defensive burdens aren't as big as Willian's.. Thus he feels he needs to reinforce that left-hand side. I wonder if it would be different if Mourinho placed Hazard on the right of midfield.

Yes, he has, BUT. Replace Willian for Remy. When Costa isn't playing well, replace him. Give Remy minutes to prove what a good player he is.That's the point. Those things aren't mutually exclusive, both players can be great, and that's why we were excited when we signed both Remy and Costa. One of them isn't getting a fair chance to prove himself.

You might think he won't do something like that, but I personally believe he does. Nothing to get upset about, Barbara.

You didn't understand... I'm not saying Remy shouldn't be played more, he probably should, what I'm saying is that it's completely nonsense from you to write, and I quote 'Mourinho doesn't want Remy to outshine his agent's (Jorge Mendes) striker, Diego Costa, or even compete with him'

That's a ridiculous comment all day and night long. Compete? Outshine? Come on, Remy may deserve more chances, but there's no way in hell he's the level you're making him out to be and even worse, saying José won't play him so Mendes' player still has the spotlight. Even if there was the ill intent in Mourinho's heart - which I assure there isn't - what gain does Mendes have now? Chelsea WONT sell Costa, there's nothing there for Mendes and really, you should be ashamed of implying Mourinho would do such a thing. That's unethical, wrong, unprofessional, nearly a fraud.

If that's what you think your manager is capable of I'd respect your comment much more if you asked him to be sacked. If you believe a manager is withholding a player so another player gets the spotlight because of who his manager is and what shared interest they have, you should ask for this manager to be sacked, simple as that.

He has a favorite system, has always had, it has nothing to do with who the agent is. I'm not upset, it's secondhand embarrassment to have one of our fans to think as ill of our manager.

You didn't understand... I'm not saying Remy shouldn't be played more, he probably should, what I'm saying is that it's completely nonsense from you to write, and I quote 'Mourinho doesn't want Remy to outshine his agent's (Jorge Mendes) striker, Diego Costa, or even compete with him'

That's a ridiculous comment all day and night long. Compete? Outshine? Come on, Remy may deserve more chances, but there's no way in hell he's the level you're making him out to be and even worse, saying José won't play him so Mendes' player still has the spotlight. Even if there was the ill intent in Mourinho's heart - which I assure there isn't - what gain does Mendes have now? Chelsea WONT sell Costa, there's nothing there for Mendes and really, you should be ashamed of implying Mourinho would do such a thing. That's unethical, wrong, unprofessional, nearly a fraud.

If that's what you think your manager is capable off I'd respect your comment much more if you asked him to be sacked. If you believe a manager is withholding a player so another player gets the spotlight because of who his manager is and what shared interest they have, you should ask for this manager to be sacked, simple as that.

Tbf there is some truth in the Mendes-Mou and players connection thing. I remember reading the book by some Spanish Mou hater who talked about how Mou wanted to sign Hugo Ameida(spelling) for Madrid in 10-11 as backup striker just because of their connection with Mendes. Also how he hated Pedro Leon for something similar.

The difference between us on this matter is you think Mourinho can't ever do something like that, you even assure yourself. That's very fair, because we normally agree on a lot of stuff, but I happen to disagree with you on just this one thing.

The difference between us on this matter is you think Mourinho can't ever do something like that, you even assure yourself. That's very fair, because we normally agree on a lot of stuff, but I happen to disagree with you on just this one thing.

Not saying I agree or disagree on your notion, but there's definitely political influence on football period.

His stubborness got the best of him today... Matic is completely knackered and needed a rest, Cahill has been poor for about a month, maybe more and needs to sit a few matches, Ivanovic didn't have the legs to cope with the Spurs pace.

Maybe I'm naive to believe José wouldn't agree to those things, he has such a great character and is so strong willed... also he would make more profit winning the league, using the best players he judges as such than playing someone because of an agent.

I'm not denying managers don't play agent players, but this case, this situation and Mourinho's work ethic throughout his whole career just say the opposite. If anything it'd be stupid and if there's one thing I'm absolutely sure is that Mourinho ain't stupid

He's been making mistakes with his selection though, although most of our bench players are off pace and our main issue continue to be the defense. Our attack isn't exactly clinical, but our defense, when exposed, is a nightmare