Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba Rahman has to be on the bench at the very least. We are already going to play with our 3 available CBs and should one get injured or sent off (touch wood), then there's going to be a reshuffle in defence and we would need Rahman.

Matic versus MacArthur, Cabaye, Mutch/Jedinak. Our AMs will be defending more than attacking, I suppose.

Ready for a disappointing match?

well mutch and jedinak are not exactly the players who haunt my dreams with their attacking prowess. But I agree, their 3 players in the middle could overrun us if we allow them to.

After reading Alex's brilliant article about mikel, I could imagine something like this:

-----------Tibo------------

Azpi--Cahill-Zoum--Baba

----------Mikel-------------

---Willian------Matic------

Pedro--Costa--Hazard

If Oscar is fit, he should replace willi

This system is a bit experimental, esp as this backline has never been there before. But IMO it could work out well with all defenders being quick enough to play a high line while Mikel and Matic offer the necessary protection. The extra man in midfield will make the space for them even tighter and as all 3 players are decent tacklers we should have a great ball retention. Willian can carry the ball forward, that's what he is best at and the magic of Pedro/Hazard combined with the finishing touches of Diego should do the rest.

Ivanovic is going to get destroyed. Pedro is going to have to defend for him, essentially playing RB, and he will then hand in a transfer request after the game.

I'm looking for the comedy match-ups of the weekend

bolassie vs ivanovic or montero vs darmian

I'm looking for the comedy match-ups of the weekend

bolassie vs ivanovic or montero vs darmian

They will try to double team both, hazard and pedro which will leave acres of space in the middle. Hence we need s.o. more dangerous than Willian to exploit it.

They will try to double team both, hazard and pedro which will leave acres of space in the middle. Hence we need s.o. more dangerous than Willian to exploit it.

It certainly could create more space for our attacking midfielder.

Willian just needs to drive into the box more and give more forward passes (no sideway passing) to be dangerous. He stays outside the box too much for my liking.