Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how you win matches...

Wow people are not getting what I mean...

Of course I know that you win matches by scoring more goals than the opposition. What I am saying is that we can't afford to ignore defending. Some teams leak goals but often make for it because they score a lot of goals. In my opinion, Chelsea is regarded as a team with one of the best defending in Europe and we have to keep that going. We won West Brom 3-2, not 2-0 which is, in my opinion, a much better result.

Maybe what I'm saying is difficult to understand. What I'm trying to say is that we can't only focus on attacking and scoring goals. Defending well should be one of our highest priorities.

Fabregas must play, he's still a huge part of our creativity. He has to learn how to move all around the pitch so that he'll be difficult to mark. And he needs to hit the gym to get some upper body strength to hold off some challenges

I would love to see Willian finally be tried next to Matic in midfield. Willian wouldn't be the first offensive player to be converted into a midfielder. Even a player as talented as Modric didn't quite cut it in an advanced role at the highest level, lacking the the ability to make a real impact in the final third. Moving into a deeper role transformed his game and he turned into a household name, a superstar.

Willian simply doesn't contribute nearly enough in the final third. It's not just goals and assists. It's his inability to create any kind of danger or cause panick to opposition defences. He doesn't even dribble past players to create space and gaps to be exploited. Not consistently anyway.

I don't expect him to enjoy a similar breakthrough as Modric, as it's my opinion the Croat is of a higher talent bracket, but I do think he could experience quite the spike in the overall level of his game.

Willian Matic

Oscar

Not calling for Fabregas to be dropped indefinitely, but I think this is a good opportunity to experiment a bit to help solve the current troubles in midfield, and possibly find a new gameplan to combat high tempo games, quite the achilles heel of this team.

None of this difficult game talk for me. Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge. This is a good game to prove Chelsea very much mean business. Strong performance, first clean sheet. 2-0/3-0 would be great.

Tibo

Iva Zouma Cahill Azpi

Matic Cesc

Hazard Willi Pedro

Costa

Don't judge my defence. Iva and Pedro played very well in the right side and Iva now isn't going forward too much anymore.

Iva didnt go forward indeed, but was still shit at defending. Mcmanaman took him on the ride with no happy ending.

Palace have Bolasie and Zaha who I have no doubt will rape Iva too. I would take the risk and play either Zouma or Baba instead of Iva.

Iva didnt go forward indeed, but was still shit at defending. Mcmanaman took him on the ride with no happy ending.

Palace have Bolasie and Zaha who I have no doubt will rape Iva too. I would take the risk and play either Zouma or Baba instead of Iva.

Against Wba he did only one mistake and we conceded. he played well, I have no doubt he will do well again vs Palace.

Against Wba he did only one mistake and we conceded. he played well, I have no doubt he will do well again vs Palace.

There was another action when he fell on his arse, and the ball just missed the goal...I dont recall who from WBA did it to him...think it was McClean. And number of times he couldnt cope with pace of Mcmanaman.

Courtois

Azpi Ivanovic GC Baba

Fabregas Matic

Pedro Willian(Oscar) Hazard

Costa

We need our vice captain for this London battle, especially when JT is suspended. I think he can regain his confidence playing as a CB. Baba and Azpi are fast and strong enough to deal with their wingers. As for the attack the only quiestion mark is if Oscar is fit will he displace Willian. I will leave this one to Jose i wiil be happy both ways.

Courtois

Azpi Ivanovic GC Baba

Fabregas Matic

Costa

We need our vice captain for this London battle, especially when JT is suspended. I think he can regain his confidence playing as a CB. Baba and Azpi are fast and strong enough to deal with their wingers. As for the attack the only quiestion mark is if Oscar is fit will he displace Willian. I will leave this one to Jose i wiil be happy both ways.

No way will Ivanovic play in CM. Zouma along side Cahill bit more pace between them.

Courtois

Azpi Ivanovic GC Baba

Fabregas Matic

Costa

All looks good but for GC i would rather Zouma. ;)

Courtois

Azpi Ivanovic GC Baba

Fabregas Matic

Costa

Sadly, this is why I think it'll be Ivanovic-Cahill-Zouma-Azpilicueta. I don't think Jose would want to completely shuffle up the defense.

-----------------courtois-----------------
azpi-------iva------------cahill----baba
--------------oscar--matic---------------
----pedro-------willian---------hazard
------------------costa--------------------

Willian deserves to play because he was sacrificed by Jose after the red card. And besides, his performance the other day was exciting as N.10. An "experiment" which is worth to be repeated again.

Oscar is in a difficult situation now because Willian may be better as N.10 after signing Pedro and Fabregas is untouchable to Jose. Fabregas needs much improvement, but Fabregas is a more reliable option than Oscar. But he has to wake up because Oscar is performing well this season. Fabregas plays now because of his "status" in the club and with Jose, not because of his performance.

To me our defense needs a little revolution. JT is suspended, Iva can not be our right-back again, and Kurt Zouma has to be indisputable since now. Azpilicueta - Iva or GC - Zouma - Baba could be the best option right now.

Will be exciting to see Hazard - Willian - Pedro again in our attack.

Courtois

Iva or GC Zouma

Azpilicueta Baba

Fabregas Matic

Willian

Pedro Hazard

Diego Costa

Regards.