Kenedy

the wes

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

I'd move to Barcelona if I was being made to play LB for this shower of shit team.

Chill dude - 1 bad season since mid 90's!!! 

happens to everyone - look at United, look at Liverpool, Arsenal etc. 

No point in chucking the towel in, think of the team like an 'engine' - just one knackered component can bring the whole thing to a shuddering halt. Fix the broken part(s) and the engine is back up and running again. (Broken parts = defence and midfield imho) 

It's clear that Kennedy is not born to the position but I like him at LB. I think running from deep makes the most of his attributes. When circumstances allow, playing Kennedy at left back is a satisfyingly attacking choice.

On the odd occasion it's okay, but not for the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was awful against Villa and just furthens my belief he should be a left back going forward.

He needs to improve his defending but that can be worked on, a lot of players have done that in their careers, as a winger I haven't been convinced by him once all season, he lacks the close control and decision making to be anything more than a squad player in that area in my opinion.

However at left back especially vs Palace and Norwich it was clear the potential for something special.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

I thought he was awful against Villa and just furthens my belief he should be a left back going forward.

He needs to improve his defending but that can be worked on, a lot of players have done that in their careers, as a winger I haven't been convinced by him once all season, he lacks the close control and decision making to be anything more than a squad player in that area in my opinion.

However at left back especially vs Palace and Norwich it was clear the potential for something special.

I remember seeing videos of him where it was claimed he was a better dribbler than Hazard? I certainly have not seen that from him. 

Hopefully he will build on this and come back stronger. I agree he was abysmal against Villa. But it's the story of our season, no consistent form from any player - except Willian :(

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

There is no more glaring comparision than that with Marcelo. What Marcelo did against Barca on Saturday is exactly what I think Kenedy is able to do (showed that in a flash against Palace at the Bridge). And Marcelo used to be awful defender. Only after Jose worked on him he became much more bearable there.

It's similar story with so many full-backs. Ashley Cole, do you remember him as a winger ? Then Jordi Alba, another winger or David Alaba, a central midfielder, Luke Shaw a winger etc.

But there already is another problem. What with Baba ? Ideally we would be left there with one of them and some expierienced left-back.

9 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

The boy is better built at left back. I have much more faith in him succeeding there than as a good winger - he was rubbish out there on Saturday but I have been repeatedly impressed by him at LB.

What Left Back in the dressing room :D:D:D:D

Yeah - he has potential - but will he get the starts? Maybe Baba will join Dildo back in the German league?

12 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

What Left Back in the dressing room :D:D:D:D

Yeah - he has potential - but will he get the starts? Maybe Baba will join Dildo back in the German league?

Dildo :lol:

{option}http://i65.tinypic.com/2s7jqr5.gif[/IMG]

On 09/03/2016 at 0:38 AM, LDN Blue said:

You can take the club from Mourinho, but his slight influence will always linger.

His call to play the kid at left-back, we ridiculed and mocked for a while but I guess he let Hiddink in on the vision he had. 

Well played Kenedy, have your moment to shine!

Or perhaps they both just know what they're doing?

That's easy for me to say given that I don't see Kennedy as the full package at AM but it can't be so hard to believe that a pair of multi-trophy winners might just have the odd clue about football. It isn't is it?

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Or perhaps they both just know what they're doing?

That's easy for me to say given that I don't see Kennedy as the full package at AM but it can't be so hard to believe that a pair of multi-trophy winners might just have the odd clue about football. It isn't is it?

Well it's known that JM and GH had a chat prior to Hiddink starting his tenure anyway, we also know Kenedy said he's never played LB before. I wasn't attempting to Mou-fan boy I was just suggesting it's quite funny that amongst all the harm he did us.. We got a nice gem out of it :D