Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

May the football lords hear you.

i am all for this transfer, dude.

pedro is a good player. good finisher, brilliant movement, great workrate and a very good passer in closed spaces. 21mil pounds in a market where sterling went for 50mil is a bargain.

moreover, he is a barca player. they are more experienced in breaking down defences than any one else in the world. he would be a very good signing.

i am just doubtful about the transfer actually going through considering barca's situation.

You are right those stats look alarming, thanks for digging them out. But when one actually has seen him play, one knows that he can easily get past a player, play an accurate cross or a perfectly weighted through-ball when he wants to. But we have to understand the way Barcelona played that season. Instead of pumping crosses and through balls into the danger zone they passed the ball around until there is an opening. Pedro will be seldom the one to play that final ball then because he is the one creating the space with his runs and finishing them. Still he is obviously technically well rounded enough and has enough intelligence to play those passes and crosses when he is in the position. The point is, he is not bought to be a provider. We got Fabregas, Hazard, Willian and maybe soon Aranguiz for this. Thankfully MOurinho has spotted the lack of scorers in this team and hence we want Pedro. But obviously it is not only his finishing prowess we signed him for. We could just play Remy on the wing then who is an even better finisher and probably faster as well. But pedro is a better passer, dribbler, experienced on the biggest stage, a match proven winner and a very decent all-round footballer.

If he fits the squad, when we have 4 senior wingers + Bertrand traore already + Remy who can play there is another question. Also whether he can quickly adapt to the prem is not certain. But what he adds is not another dimension to our play but simply attributes that have been missing with most of our wingers. Maybe, just maybe he buys us exactly the amount of time we need to establish a youth player on the right wing.

On the other hand of course, with this transfer we do what we started with signing schürrle, Salah, Willian, Cuadrado. Throwing between 20 and 35m at the rw andhope we land a hit once. This is a costly gamble which proved hugely ineffective so far. We got enough depth in those position why not stick with what we got? I am sure one of Traore, Cuadrado, Oscar or Willian will come good at once. Nonetheless Pedro is a good player, decent signing. Just not sure if our strategy is the right one.

What about the other years he was at Barca? 2013-14 isn't the only season he's not produced passable stats in those categories. I agree he's not a true winger, he's more of a secondary striker and similar to Schurrle in that respect. Clearly an upgrade to Schurrle....

pedro is a good player. good finisher, brilliant movement, great workrate and a very good passer in closed spaces. 21mil pounds in a market where sterling went for 50mil is a bargain.

moreover, he is a barca player. they are more experienced in breaking down defences than any one else in the world. he would be a very good signing.

i am just doubtful about the transfer actually going through considering barca's situation.

Listen the guy is good as a rotation player but is in no way improving us on that RW side, take in mind it will also take time untill he adapts to the EPL and we're ready to spend 30m euros on 28 years old. I for one hope it doesn't happen.

Didn't this guy sign a new contract one month ago? Why the feck would we trigger his release clause to get him out of there when the idiot signed a new contract on purpose.

he signed a new contract to lower his release clause

Listen the guy is good as a rotation player but is in no way improving us on that RW side, take in mind it will also take time untill he adapts to the EPL and we're ready to spend 30m euros on 28 years old. I for one hope it doesn't happen.

so since turan was not the option, now pedro is not the option, please tell me who you think is a REALISTIC OPTION. or do you think going into the season with 4 AMs for 3 positions (one of which is cuadrado) is enough?

also, if he is good enough as a rotation option then is not that exactly what we are looking for?

dude, why do you think only you know how the world works? apparently everyone else is just playing fifa or is clueless. get off your high horse.

if we trigger the buyout clause, the ball is in pedro's court. a barcelona youth player who has spent his life there. why do you think they would have made him sign a contract which made his buyout reduce from 150mil euros (apparently) to 30mil euros (again apparently). you think barca would not have made sure that they are covered in every which way? this is a team that is buying players in a transfer ban and has done every shady thing possible when related to transfer. if they want to keep pedro (which i think should be obvious) they will end up keeping him.

oh the irony! :lol:

Vids and stats are only of limited use when judging a player, as you've already acknowledged above. Head off to Pedro's thread on the main Barca forum, though, and you'll find a number of posts over the last few pages praising his link-up play in the final third etc. Most of those people have watched him for years, and know all of his strengths and weaknesses.

Ultimately, whilst I DO think that there are other players out there who may be capable of allowing the team to improve massively (Reus, Bale, maybe Isco etc), these players appear to be unavailable to us at this time, and so it seems that we shall either have to go for players like Pedro, or otherwise simply purchase no further attacking players at all.

Pedro is technically gifted, a good short passer, a decent (but not brilliant) dribbler, and a fairly reliable goal-scorer with intelligent off-the-ball movement. Add to that the fact that he's a pretty fast player who is capable of using his speed effectively, and I think he could serve us (very) well as the 'goal-scoring AM/RM' that we've been hoping for. Schurrle and Cuadrado haven't worked out for us due to their relatively average levels of technique and passing ability, whilst Willian possesses the technique required but fails to be a consistent attacking threat for us on the right; Pedro could potentially offer us a blend of their various qualities/abilities when playing on the right, and so provide us with genuine balance across the AM positions.

It would be no different than the musings of Chelsea supporters about our players.

I'm not saying it won't be a good signing, he's the type of player who is very efficient, hasn't got a lot of mileage on his legs and can make an impact as a starter or off the bench.

Not sure we see eye to eye on the his skill set and attributes but that is highly subjective. How we use words to describe a player is left up to interpretation... I like him as a player who will challenge our RW players to be better.

so since turan was not the option, now pedro is not the option, please tell me who you think is a REALISTIC OPTION. or do you think going into the season with 4 AMs for 3 positions (one of which is cuadrado) is enough?

also, if he is good enough as a rotation option then is not that exactly what we are looking for?

We are looking for a starting RW and if it means to overpay to get someone than we should do it. This chicken approach won't help us in the long run. I know for sure i'd rather spend 50m on Reus than stitch it yet again with another stop gap option like Pedro for 20m.

Yes, yes i know we aren't even linked to him or someone like him and it looks impossible for some of them to move this summer but please money talks im sure if we make a good offer for any of Reus, Griezmann, Isco or even Gotze they would think twice about it.

We are looking for a starting RW and if it means to overpay to get someone than we should do it. This chicken approach won't help us in the long run. I know for sure i'd rather spend 50m on Reus than stitch it yet again with another stop gap option like Pedro for 20m.

Yes, yes i know we aren't even linked to him or someone like him and it looks impossible for some of them to move this summer but please money talks im sure if we make a good offer for any of Reus, Griezmann, Isco or even Gotze they would think twice about it.

reus is not linked to us (as you have said, also if we have the money, so do RM and bayern)

greizemann - this fascination with greizemann has got to end. like you said, we are looking for a RW. he is not a right winger. he is a second striker or a LW. i dont understand why people want to pay 44 million pounds for a player who is not even needed for that position.

isco - CAM (brilliant signing to replace oscar and improve our starting 11 but not our RW position).

gotze - CAM (same scenario as isco).

Reus is unavailable at the moment. You've just seen Delph reject City yesterday, maybe he wants to stay at Dortmund? Griezmann & Pedro are the same level. Hell, I'd argue the latter is the better player.

Would be stupid to move for Griezmann when Sterling was available though.

Pedro is alot better than Willian in every aspect. He'll be a huge improvement on him. We can still recoup alot of that £20m a year or 2 down the line if a player like Reus, Bale etc becomes available.

End product yh maybe but overall Willian is a much better player.

Pedro of 10-11 was one of the best winger in the world, nowadays he is probably just a winger that is good enough for Sevilla aka Jesus Navas like and anyone can see these type of players are not good enough to be starting for us and improve our 11

Reus doesn't appear to be on the market, Griezmann is currently not much better than Pedro overall, and Gotze would likely end up having the same issues with Mourinho that Mata had. Isco is the one player you've listed here who MIGHT both be available and be able to address the needs of our current team; I don't think that he would be played on the right if we were to get him, though.

yeah i bet Barca are shitting themselves, as they obviously give Messi and Neymar rests all the time and they always subsitute them as well dont they. :lol:

if you think Barca are the slightest bit worried about going into next season with Messi, Neymar and Suarez as the front 3 with Munir and Sandro as back up until January then you are delusional.

yeah i bet Barca are shitting themselves, as they obviously give Messi and Neymar rests all the time and they always subsitute them as well dont they. :lol:

if you think Barca are the slightest bit worried about going into next season with Messi, Neymar and Suarez as the front 3 with Munir and Sandro as back up until January then you are delusional.

is that the reason barca bought turan and vidal before the transfer ban? hmmm.. interesting. they definitely dont seem concerned about squad strength.. :lol: :lol:

i mean barca players are made of steel and have never ever got injured before.