test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Pedro Rodríguez

Started by Jason,

1,288 posts in this topic

Tough choice between Zouma and Pedro as MOTM, but I'd go with Pedro because it was his debut and because WBA were shit in attack in previous two games.

Fucking nailed his debut and he's not even 100% fit :D his work rate was also incredible, he was 3rd player with most miles covered (after Matic and Fabregas).

Zouma?

How on Earth did Willian miss that chance that Pedro set up on a plate for him?

Even Falcao could've scored that! :)

Even more apparent in a team like ours.

LOL!

The way he dribbles reminds me a bit of Alexis Sanchez. He looks like a little wind-up toy that's moving in fast motion.

An we needed to be more ambitious? Was delighted with his debut, hes a top player. Will add so much to this team. His goal was great, ok lucky finish maybe but pass and move pass and move, his movement in the final third is fucking great in comparison to Willian or Oscars. Forgot to mention as well, his crossing, how good is it now we have someone on the right who can fucking cross..

iseah100 and kellzfresh like this

Coming from playing with Messi and co, to our attacking setup when someone else has the ball, surely he is thinking "wtf are they doing?" :lol:

All jokes aside, he indeed looks to be two levels above anyone in this team when it comes to intelligent runs, positioning and pressing the opponent.

One might think that barca wasnt great in defending but they were all about attack and possesion, but I think Mou team wont come even close to that intense pressing barca was executing in the past.

Hopefuly Pedro will carry on this kind of performances through whole season.

11Drogba likes this

Took about 10000 rw to find a good one...

Pedro was an excellent signing, really surprised United didn't go for Pedro. Would of been a huge upgrade to Mata on the right wing.

iseah100 likes this

dream debut and could have had 4 assists. That cross to Costa in the second half, which I thought initially was a goal !....then the unforgivable miss of Willian...finally the one to Falcao.

Cracked me up that people thought he was going to come here and sit on the bench, and just be a serviceable back up.

Dude is quality. Every time I saw some little dude darting around the pitch to get the ball back, I realized it was him. Hopefully, despite negative instructions from the sideline, he inspires the players to push up higher and press. I think we have the quality up front to be able to do this now, with the only exception being Cesc, who would hold us back. Matic and particularly Costa could thrive with this style of play. We looked great with him out there. Was shocked to see him come off despite being our best defensive player out there, trying to chase down everything. Would have been far better to take off Cesc and have had this energiser bunny out there chasing everyone.

Anyway, got the result, and he silenced a few of those who were sceptical on here. Not just a fluke either. Sure, we can harp on about the goal and assist, but it was more so his ability to beat the man, keep his dribble, and that close control. That won't go away even if some of the stats do.

The Mak, kellzfresh and OneMoSalah like this

and people wanted us to spend big on Griezmann, he would never have been able to put in a performance like that at RW, and after the red card, there is no doubt Griezmann would have been the one taken off not Willian.

He showed us proper wingplay from the right. Pass and move, ability to beat his marker and with crosses into the box for Costa.

That is what a winger does, not put his head down and cross aimless like willian always does.

He is the MOM for the last match, no doubt !

His debut is beyond my expectation, he was the saviour!