test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic

The issue here is that you're looking at another short-term appointment to come in and apply his style in a half-arsed way for a few seasons with some success (if the board backs him) and then be replaced by someone who will do something else.

I think the club has to have a frank discussion about what it actually wants to be and not just in the sort-term, but over the next decade and beyond. The issue there is that no-one seems to be in a position to say that to Roman who is a great man, but not the technician of a footballing dynasty.

We don't need a manager, we need an identity.

This is why I was thinking of starting with someone like Bielsa.

Insane man that can help start that identity and then someone can follow.

Like what happen at Chile.

He started the revolution and then Sampoli has follow.

1) The next manager HAS to bring in youth. Season or two from now, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Solanke and maybe few others have to be regulars in the team. I don't care if it costs us titles or the CL. A football club has bring up youth, otherwise the whole existence of the team just feels, dare I say it, a bit plasticky.

And it's not like the club doesn't have immense potential in the youth and on loan. All we need is a manager who has the balls to utilise them. Mourinho wasn't man enough to do that.

2) The manager who comes in (not the temporary one) should have trust of the board and the time to implement the tactics. At least two season IMO. If the new manager(s) are under constant pressure to win every single game, we'll play medieval hoofball for the next decade in search of those 1-0 wins.

----

All the club needs to now is someone who can make a positive impact on the team so that Chelsea doesn't end up in Championship. CL is gone already, so the plan should be getting ready for next season. Bringing up some youth or loan players in the process might not be a bad idea, and maybe they could add something to the team.

Why didn't Kenedy play more? He clearly had the will to play 100%, every game, everyday. I'd make him a regular in the team, who knows how that might end up. Mourinho wasn't interested in these kind of experiments. He promised RLC run of games but gave him 45 minutes and then the lad disappeared. Who knows what might have happened if Kenedy and RLC played most of the games, I have hard time believing that the results would be any worse than what they are now.

GodZola likes this

I have to admit, i was kinda excited when Mou got the sacked... My excitement suddenly douse off after reading hiddink as potential replacement.

Atleast hire that twat Sherwood to make things more interesting, ffs.. :D

My Question is: Who will Control The January Buys?

The same people who controlled all of our summer signings; Abramovich and Emenalo.

Muzchap likes this

Hiddink is a good shout

He seems like someone that won't take any shit and doesn't come out with nothing but excuses.

He did well last time but that team was amazing

Shouldn't this be 2 polls?

- INTERIM MANAGER

- PERMANENT MANAGER

Mine - OK with Hiddink as interim

Undecided on Permanent manager - see how things go with Hiddink ;)

The Chels likes this

Hiddink would be my first choice, otherwise Zola or a player manager in JT or finally Steve Holland - somebody with a connection to the club.

If we end up with Ramos then the board can go fuck themselves, it's completely unacceptable to sack a manager of Jose's quality and replace him with an unknown caretaker.

Muzchap and Essien19 like this

The issue here is that you're looking at another short-term appointment to come in and apply his style in a half-arsed way for a few seasons with some success (if the board backs him) and then be replaced by someone who will do something else.

I think the club has to have a frank discussion about what it actually wants to be and not just in the sort-term, but over the next decade and beyond. The issue there is that no-one seems to be in a position to say that to Roman who is a great man, but not the technician of a footballing dynasty.

We don't need a manager, we need an identity.

Brilliant post man.

Exactly what I was thinking ..

Brilliant post man.

Exactly what I was thinking ..

Problem is - nothing in the world is viewed as long term now, literally everything is about short term instant gratification

From deliveries to consumer goods to fashion - it's everywhere...

The world is now an impatient place - long term stability has no place in this world.

I think we just have to accept that

Problem is - nothing in the world is viewed as long term now, literally everything is about short term instant gratification

The world is now an impatient place - long term stability has no place in this world.

But any successful company that offers short term gratification has an overarching idea of where it wants to get to over a period of time and a set of principles it holds true. We don't.

We have placed short term panic ahead of any type of long term plan. What is our identity as a club now and do we trust Roman?

Maybe we dont need "big name" manager like Simeone or Pep. Maybe we need some new blood in too the football world? Someone like Emery with fresh ideas and good stile of football

Monk! Koeman! Piojo!

But any successful company that offers short term gratification has an overarching idea of where it wants to get to over a period of time and a set of principles it holds true. We don't.

We have placed short term panic ahead of any type of long term plan. What is our identity as a club now and do we trust Roman?

Yes, in that respect we are no further forward than when Bates took over.

Back then our policy was to buy ageing stars and grab a few seasons out of them.

Then Ranieri purchased some younger players and the rest is history...

I think our overarching principle is to be as successful in the next 10 years as we have in the past 10 years.

In that respect, sadly, the end often justifies the means.

So I'm fully prepared to be having this discussion again within 18 months, the only time this will become an issue is if we remain trophy ? free during that period, then it can be considered a failure. Otherwise it's rinse and repeat...

I'm not saying this is ideal! But more of a sad realisation...

Since John Terry played his first game in 1998, he has seen 13 managers come and leave Chelsea Football Club.

One man above all managers D:

When Mourinho took over, I thought it was a mistake because we had the wrong sorts of players for him to build his team, so, we sold them and bought more fitting players. Now, however, we are a mess with no style and no sound of the club so anyone can take over and rebuild. Something I think is missing from a lot of name managers is the ability to be flexible. Mourinho, Van Gaal, etc... they have to build their teams to play a specific way. You'd think that a good manager could just get the best out of their players no matter what the system.

bethos1 and Peace. like this