test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Have we ever done that before? I can't even remember. Even with multiple players?

It would be good tho wouldnt it. Top the headlines everywhere.

What I'm praying for is that he can manage to get us playing like this. His players all manage to look comfortable on the ball. No panic, I;m just unsure we have enough like skilled passers to be able to do it. we might have to do a morph between Conte and Sarriball which I'd also be happy with.

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

What I'm praying for is that he can manage to get us playing like this. His players all manage to look comfortable on the ball. No panic, I;m just unsure we have enough like skilled passers to be able to do it. we might have to do a morph between Conte and Sarriball which I'd also be happy with.

Incredible piece of play there. As good as Barcelona in terms of passing out of the back.... If he is able to accomplish that with us, that would be fantastic. 

First job is to make Azpilicueta captain IMO.

Agreed that he should be captain. Especially since Cahill shouldn't be playing, but honestly who has the armband really isn't important. The leaders are going to be leading the team either way.

Yes, sometimes adding the responsibility of the band helps encourage that, but you can encourage the same in many other ways. Real leaders are leading either way. And Azpi already does that.

We need to build an identity within the club, stalwarts that will play for the club and a leader to charge them into battle. No more childish behaviour, moaning in the background, etc. We need unity forward, and if that is Sarri than be it. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Agreed that he should be captain. Especially since Cahill shouldn't be playing, but honestly who has the armband really isn't important. The leaders are going to be leading the team either way.

Yes, sometimes adding the responsibility of the band helps encourage that, but you can encourage the same in many other ways. Real leaders are leading either way. And Azpi already does that.

I am not so sure that Azpi is even a starter. As a right back, he isn´t the best player in regards to the style Sarri wants us to play.

Don't think we can do without Azpi's work ethic and solidity in defense, be it on a 3 man defence, right back or left back, he must play, no matter what.

Managers accomodate their formations to the players they have and not the other way around, I think Sarri will do so because currently, this team has too many Center backs and cannot cope without Azpi, we need him.

Reckon that Hazard might be the new vice captain though, Cahill could be taking on the Christensen-Rudiger-Sarri challenge this year but I think that he will be gone by January or end of next year.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

That goal at 1:33 is incredible! Who even thinks of shooting from there with 1st touch ball coming from behind? :worship:

Unionjack likes this

I am not so sure that Azpi is even a starter. As a right back, he isn´t the best player in regards to the style Sarri wants us to play.
@Adnane's post expresses a lot of my thoughts so I won't repeat them. But I will add.

Azpi is still by far the best player we have for RB as Darrin likes to play. He is underrated technically, and is actually a very good passer and decision maker (which is vital for a defender for sarri). He is always looking for the best pass and has the ability to play in pretty tight spaces. He's obviously a willing runner and is smart in his pressing.

He's not the perfect RB for sarri but like Adnane said, managers adapt. Azpi is too brilliant to consider dropping at this point.
manpe likes this

18 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

@Adnane's post expresses a lot of my thoughts so I won't repeat them. But I will add.

Azpi is still by far the best player we have for RB as Darrin likes to play. He is underrated technically, and is actually a very good passer and decision maker (which is vital for a defender for sarri). He is always looking for the best pass and has the ability to play in pretty tight spaces. He's obviously a willing runner and is smart in his pressing.

He's not the perfect RB for sarri but like Adnane said, managers adapt. Azpi is too brilliant to consider dropping at this point.

Azpi is our most intelligent player imo and best passer from the back. The fact he's not a kamikaze going forward should be irrelevant as long as our opposite wing is (Emerson). But even then he is very useful in attack thanks to his intelligence, he always does the right thing, even if it is something simple and basic. Also, he is by far the best defender in our squad, there is no way anybody can look over him just because he's not the quickest or whatever the reasons are that people think he's toothless in attack.

Miguelito likes this

I don't know why we get so excited by new managers coming in, its only time before they leave us with a bitter taste of things!

It has been happening year after year... I once used to get excited about new managers and think to myself that *fill in a name* is the manager for years to come... after a year of winning the title bang he is out.