test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

Obviously Sarri tactically prepares his teams well. My concern is whether he can adapt to the higher tempo of Premier League. Guardiola, Poch and Klopp pay great attention to fitness and nutrition. I hope Sarri does the same, but these rumors about Albiol and Higuain are a bit worrying. I would like us to go for younger and more athletic players.

blues.bridge likes this

Fuck Albiol. The Bayern boss has come out today and said Boateng is available for the right price. When fit he's great and is best mates with Rüdiger already and comfortable playing with him I'd imagine. If we are actually after another CB he should be the main target since Koulibaly is not obtainable.

DYC., Dimitr and OneMoSalah like this

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I wouldn't be against this. Albiol is far from a world beater but the likelihood is that if Luiz leaves and Azpilicueta reverts back to full back, we probably need an extra centre back. We are still well stacked at the back with Rudiger, Christensen and Cahill too, and we need to be spending good money in other areas of the pitch so I'd rather be spending £5-6m on a squad signing then £30-40m like Savic would probably end up being. 

The other thing to consider is that if Sarri comes in, our style will change massively and as a result will take some time for adjustment. Having somebody come in who has worked with him and can be trusted for the short term makes sense. Especially as he demands his defenders play the ball out of pressure, having a player already drilled in this way will hopefully help the rest of the defence to adapt quicker.

At 32 he actually doesn't look like a bad player neither. Still seems fit enough to get far enough forward to score some headers.

He would probably be the easiest to get from ADL and Ancelottis clutches. Tho I'd prefer him to bring others instead of him.

48 minutes ago, milka said:

Just keep Conte and buy class players -  Chelsea board !

How is keeping Conte going to be a good thing? He acted immature throughout the season, constantly complaining, subliminally criticising his players and looked unmotivated and undeterred when we were struggling and needed inspiration. If we got Conte back from his first year here then i would be open to giving him another chance.

But he doesn't want to be at Chelsea, it's clear to see, and his primary motivation now is to be paid maximum by the club to walk. If we kept him, can we seriously risk the same Conte we have had this year leading the team and improving on last year's results? I'm not convinced.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

How is keeping Conte going to be a good thing? He acted immature throughout the season, constantly complaining, subliminally criticising his players and looked unmotivated and undeterred when we were struggling and needed inspiration. If we got Conte back from his first year here then i would be open to giving him another chance.

But he doesn't want to be at Chelsea, it's clear to see, and his primary motivation now is to be paid maximum by the club to walk. If we kept him, can we seriously risk the same Conte we have had this year leading the team and improving on last year's results? I'm not convinced.

And furthermore, even if the best happens with Conte ie gets everyone he wants, sorts his differences out and is so happy he signs a new deal, we'd be one meh window (which will happen at some point) away from him kicking up shit and acting like he's got Sunderland's squad all over again.

Im not even sure it would even be worth having 16/17 Conte back if the deal with the devil is he reverts to 17/18 Conte again before long, firstly because with Pep and City bang in their prime even having 16/17 Conte back likely still won't be enough for the title and i can't face last seasons Conte again, if last year was his only year i'd consider him on the level of Scolari, if not worse.

kellzfresh and Superblue_1986 like this

to the people saying we should keep conte, did you watch last season at all and the way we played? did you watch any of his press conferences where all he did was whine every time? have you followed all the displeasure the players voiced about him in various subtle and not so subtle ways? i just don't get certain fans on here...

42 minutes ago, DDA said:

Conte staying just isn't an option. Keeping Eden is more important at this moment in time, especially with Sarri available. 

And if Hazard decides to leave anyway? What then?

3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Than hopefully we would do a liverpool level reinvestment and proceed business as usual. No one player is bigger than a club (messi excluded) not even hazard. But i think an aggressive offensive coach like Sarri + Madrid no longer being interested means we might get to keep Hazard and he will reach legend status with us. Pay him the wage he deserves, new 5 year deal. A jolt of confidence, 1-3 smart buys and a coach with momentum like Sarri and we are in business. 

oldportblue likes this

5 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

then we will have tried our best to keep him by signing a great attacking manager that a lot of Chelsea fans would have loved to have at Chelsea regardless of hazard situation and we will have gotten rid of conte, a negative, whining manager who doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team like he did in his first year...

sacking conte is the right thing to do regardless

Club is not that daft to sign Albiol... I hope Sarri will not follow Conte footsteps by getting us linked with the likes of Candreva and all those depressing transfer target... 

Lets not kid ourselves reading between the lines I think it is obvious certain players are hoping Conte goes. First season Conte I'd happily keep, last seasons was just so miserable and his demeanour was of a guy desperate to get the boot

If Sarri joins Chelsea this summer the club will look at being in Rugani from Juventus. The Italian club are not against selling. [@AlfredoPedulla] #CFC #Sarri

we can stick with conte please?

3 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

If Sarri joins Chelsea this summer the club will look at being in Rugani from Juventus. The Italian club are not against selling. [@AlfredoPedulla] #CFC #Sarri

we can stick with conte please?

why?