test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   269 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,202 posts in this topic

If we brought in Sarri + Zielinski, Hysaj, and Koulibaly we may very well be right up there challenging City for the league. Not so keen on Higuain but wouldn't say no.

It's just impossible to think Napoli would sell off all their best players in one window. Remember they're also likely to sell Jorginho and Ghoulam is heavily linked with a move away. With ADL running things and with Ancelotti just appointed there's no chance they rip their whole team apart.

Hell, if we managed 2 of the 4 mentioned I'd be delighted with that. Zielinski and Hysaj are my picks. Koulibaly is a pipe dream and probably impossible.

RoyalBlues and Dimitr like this

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we brought in Sarri + Zielinski, Hysaj, and Koulibaly we may very well be right up there challenging City for the league. Not so keen on Higuain but wouldn't say no.

It's just impossible to think Napoli would sell off all their best players in one window. Remember they're also likely to sell Jorginho and Ghoulam is heavily linked with a move away. With ADL running things and with Ancelotti just appointed there's no chance they rip their whole team apart.

Hell, if we managed 2 of the 4 mentioned I'd be delighted with that. Zielinski and Hysaj are my picks. Koulibaly is a pipe dream and probably impossible.

Don't think we'll sign any of them except maybe Zielinski because he is one of the style of footballers we could use in MF to take us up another level. Hysaj is a good footballer but again if we go to a back 4 Azpi is undoubtedly the first name on the team sheet in the defence and more than likely will be at RB, having seen his final ball improve considerably playing as RCB in a back 3, that sort of delivery from overlapping runs at RB would be invaluable. Zappacosta will probably be adequate enough as a back up too and could benefit from a more attacking system.  

Not sure what the links with Higuain is all about, I can't see us getting him, hes 30 years old, we've already broken our policy signing Giroud so imagine if we traded money plus Morata for Higuain to give him like a 1 or 2 year deal? Would be daft in the long run. Morata will come good and Sarri will be able to bring more out of him I think with his philosophy of attacking football. 

Koulibaly is a class defender but Rudiger is in a similar mould to him and we have got Christensen, Luiz (think he'll remain although I'd be happy to see him sold because hes on a huge contract and getting older) along with Zouma returning as well as Gary Cahill who as club captain will probably not be moved on unless something drastic happened. 

I'd like to see Emerson get a real shot this season coming up, along with some MF reinforcements (be it Zielinski or someone else) and another wide player or two to mix it up. Think Pedro and Barkley will also be kept and given a new lease of life if it is to be Sarri who comes in. Not sure about Bakayoko (although again he only came last summer think he'll get another chance) and if we lose Courtois we'll get another keeper but I really don't think we will sign every 2nd or 3rd player from Napoli like reported in the media. 

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't think we'll sign any of them except maybe Zielinski because he is one of the style of footballers we could use in MF to take us up another level

Ziellinksi really isn't that good bro. 

Chelsea Legend 11 likes this

24 minutes ago, DDA said:

Ziellinksi really isn't that good bro. 

Hes the right profile, hes more a technician than a grafter (not meaning to be disrespectful to Kante as he is an absolutely phenomenal player but the likes of Drinkwater and Bakayoko are more grafters than technically competent players). We need someone like that in to give us a bit of creativity and thrust from MF, Cesc hasn't got the legs unfortunately where as Zielinski in the limited games I've seen him in you can see has got a good burst of pace to get away from people and the ability to dribble players pretty decently. He has got a lot of room for growth, I think you'd be surprised, hes by no means a world class player or probably will never be but he is a good footballer and a less expensive alternative to other MF players out there, hes nothing like Jorginho or Seri either hes a more attack minded player. 

DDA likes this

Sarri is now 1/4 in the betting market and blanc is next at 5/1.

I know sarri was short previously but those odds are practically unbackable now which would suggest hopefully something is imminent.

Unionjack likes this

On 6/9/2018 at 6:49 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Wait and see. Sky Sports News will have a big fuck off announcement: Chelsea re-appoint Rafa Benitez or Neil Warnock. Its written isnt it. 

When Warnock was Notts County boss many moons ago, and they were in the "First Division" as it was then called. We tried to hire him as our manager and he refused the offer. He said in later years that it was the biggest mistake of his life. So I doubt if we would offer him a second chance :P:P

Iggy Doonican and OneMoSalah like this

Ive not given up on Icardi yet cause I read somewhere Roman liked him allot.

All I hope is that the players and potential manager and signings are kept informed much more than we are or I really would be disappointed in the board (As in board read Granny)

And whats going on with ZZ? I love the ESPN headline saying RM need a sporting director as much as a manager! Seems we are the only team that its not important to have one!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Ive not given up on Icardi yet cause I read somewhere Roman liked him allot.

All I hope is that the players and potential manager and signings are kept informed much more than we are or I really would be disappointed in the board (As in board read Granny)

And whats going on with ZZ? I love the ESPN headline saying RM need a sporting director as much as a manager! Seems we are the only team that its not important to have one!

When has Roman ever spoken to anyone in the media? Where do these assertions that "Roman wants this" come from? I think all of that is fabrication bro

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

When has Roman ever spoken to anyone in the media? Where do these assertions that "Roman wants this" come from? I think all of that is fabrication bro

Ah but this one comes from Romans drivers next door neighbors barber so I take it as gospel! 1c2da8338129cc5f141852b6df6c034a.gif

Starman60 likes this

So todays the day apparently we go hell for leather lets see. Get ready for another disappointed day. 

13 hours ago, Starman60 said:

When Warnock was Notts County boss many moons ago, and they were in the "First Division" as it was then called. We tried to hire him as our manager and he refused the offer. He said in later years that it was the biggest mistake of his life. So I doubt if we would offer him a second chance :P:P

Could you imagine the clash of egos between him and Bates :). Such a cock Warnock really hope Cardiff not only get relegated but get humiliated Ninian Park was a rough place and comfortably the coldest place I've ever watched Chelsea and that includes Oldham Brrrrrr

Starman60 likes this

Ill believe this when I see it, i am hopeful but not confident just yet.

With regards to players, I don't think we really need any of them. If he wants Hysaj thats fine, Zielinski for his release clause is not worth it at all. Prying Koulibaly away from ADL will be 100m and Chelsea is not going to pay that kind of money. Sarri is a manager renowned for not asking for too much. He will want Hysaj with a release clause I can swallow, besides that we will look to bring in Seri and an attacker of the boards choice and be done. The striker debate I have no idea, I can't imagine we start next year with Morata/Giroud/Bats so we will see what happens. Not keen on the idea of Higuain for Morata but frankly he would be a problem for the PL with sarri and Hazard so im not really against it. Also similar type of player to Tammy which could be great for him to see/learn from.

If inter want Zappacosta, sell him. Hysaj in for Zappa

Whoever wants drinkwater, sell him. Seri & RLC in for Drinkwater

I am indifferent if luiz/pedro stay or go.

35 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Ill believe this when I see it, i am hopeful but not confident just yet.

With regards to players, I don't think we really need any of them. If he wants Hysaj thats fine, Zielinski for his release clause is not worth it at all. Prying Koulibaly away from ADL will be 100m and Chelsea is not going to pay that kind of money. Sarri is a manager renowned for not asking for too much. He will want Hysaj with a release clause I can swallow, besides that we will look to bring in Seri and an attacker of the boards choice and be done. The striker debate I have no idea, I can't imagine we start next year with Morata/Giroud/Bats so we will see what happens. Not keen on the idea of Higuain for Morata but frankly he would be a problem for the PL with sarri and Hazard so im not really against it. Also similar type of player to Tammy which could be great for him to see/learn from.

If inter want Zappacosta, sell him. Hysaj in for Zappa

Whoever wants drinkwater, sell him. Seri & RLC in for Drinkwater

I am indifferent if luiz/pedro stay or go.

Agree with most of it, although I do think we're short on the wings. 3 wingers in Hazard, Willian and Pedro isn't really ideal. Would like to see a youngster with potential coming in. 

15 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Agree with most of it, although I do think we're short on the wings. 3 wingers in Hazard, Willian and Pedro isn't really ideal. Would like to see a youngster with potential coming in. 

I agree, that is what i meant by "attacker of the boards choice" Someone like Leon Bailey/Fekir/Malcolm. I am higher on Willian than most, even after his little emoji tantrum. I think he would fill that allan role as a true right winger really well for Sarri. Basically in my opinion if Willian is to leave he must be replaced plus an extra winger. Barkley also has the potential as that forward right winger if need be. Plus we have youth players we can cherry pick for cup games etc.

Ideal summer signings for me: Seri, Leon Bailey, Icardi.

More Realistic: Seri, Malcolm, Higuain(swap or purchase somehow)

Ideal outgoing: Drinkwater, Zappacosta

Realistic outgoing: Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Morata, Luiz