test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Radamel Falcao

Started by Jason,

841 posts in this topic

Had so much hope that he'd regain some form here but it was unfortunately misplaced. I thought he'd be a decent stopgap 3rd choice ST while Bamford went to Palace, nailed down the starter role and banged in at least 15 goals over the course of the season for a decent side before returning to Monaco next year and Bamford stepping in to challenge Costa. Both of those ideas went terribly, terribly wrong.

I don't think any of us expecting him to magically revert to his old world class self but between the injuries and the lack of what looks like sharpness on the pitch this has just been an utter failure even for those people who didn't expect much in the first place.

Only 350 minutes played for us with only 2 starts (against Walsall and that dismal home game vs Saints) and 1 goal and 0 assists from those minutes in our home loss vs Palace.

Our overall team shiteness can't have helped him in trying to regain form but good god above please just put the poor guy out of his misery and end the loan.

Fulham Broadway and Essien19 like this

I don't think his loan was a terrible idea.

You have to remember that Jose ALWAYS has to have 3 senior strikers, therefore I can understand taking this shot with Falcao. He is taking half of his wages (apparently) so it's not that bad. On the other hand it could very well be nice gesture for Jorge Mendes.

But gosh, what a terrible time. Player who needs team service more than anything playing for a side who can't create one opportunity in a match from open play.

Well duh, why would Monaco want him back? He's useless as a piece of string. That sucks your money away. It was Monaco who was desperate to off-load Falcao in the first place and we took the bait. What a complete disaster of the transfer window.

When he returns it will be interesting to see how he get on.

We are playing better as a team and more chances will probably fall to him as a result.

I'm by no means saying he is back orHiddink will bring back the old Falcao, he's done as a top class footballer, but hopefully under Guus when he plays he can get something mirroring a respectable return.

I really loved this guy.........................When he was a United player:clown:

For us  he's been about as useless as a one legged cat trying to fish in a frozen lake :D

Tautvix likes this

2 minutes ago, Chelseabluerising said:

Interesting wonder what happens if him and Remy both leave, if we buy someone else

Probably Traoré getting a bigger role since Hiddink has been more impressed with him of late. 

So Costa, Pato and Traoré, with Kenedy (and Hazard) able to take over if needed.