test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Radamel Falcao

Started by Jason,

841 posts in this topic

Damn but I fucking really like his haircut!

Like a slightly shorter version of mune but I got hilights cool%20%201_zpshbu05lrv.gif

The lad looks like he might have a pound or 3 to lose.

We know when hes due to start with the rest of the squad?

I love his haircut and I don't see where he needs to lose a couple of pounds. Man is as sharp as they get - body wise :P

Well, Mourinho said some very nice things in the mirror interview and I'm willing to stop with my discontentment towards this piece of business now that it seems clear that Remy is staying.

What Mou said about different players working better or worse under different managers and in different clubs is absolutely true. We've seen so many cases of that and as I said the first time around, Mourinho seems to be convinced he can bring Falcao to a high standard again. Some think it may be a vanity thing - like Mourinho throwing at others that he could save this player when others failed to. It wouldn't be too off the line, Mourinho really is a very confident man when it comes to his people skills. Looking this way, it's a gamble that isn't too risky. We only have a loan contract, it's not like we've paid millions on the guy, he may recover some or even most of his old form, which gives us a deadly duo/trio of strikers. I'm still not convinced Mourinho can pull it out, but now I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. If it works out, it's Mourinho's magic once again, if it doesn't, we've cut our losses with the way we got Falcao and by keeping Remy. It's worth a shot, I suppose.

I admit the Torres' ghost was responsible for most of my reluctance towards this move (and of course, a potential Remy exit because of it)

My main issue with this transfer was the reported wages, now that it seems it is a lot less than first said, it makes more sense. Though I still think we should have gone for someone less risky and I honestly still doubt he will be outstanding here. But let's give him all the support he needs to see if he will.

didierforever likes this

My main issue with this transfer was the reported wages, now that it seems it is a lot less than first said, it makes more sense. Though I still think we should have gone for someone less risky and I honestly still doubt he will be outstanding here. But let's give him all the support he needs to see if he will.

not just that, even the loan fee.

"transfermarkt" (i honestly think there is no better source out there for transfer values), dont show a loan fee.

I don't either, but if we wanted an outstanding forward we'd have spent big money on Higuain or Benzema. Costa is the undisputed number one; Remy and Falcao give us different options, and let's be honest, Falcao will be a step up on an ageing Drogba.

I don't either, but if we wanted an outstanding forward we'd have spent big money on Higuain or Benzema. Costa is the undisputed number one; Remy and Falcao give us different options, and let's be honest, Falcao will be a step up on an ageing Drogba.

The fee and wages that were originally quoted were 'big money'. In fact, he'd have been the third most expensive player on our books behind only Costa and Hazard with a 5m loan fee and 200k/wk. Makes a lot more sense at 140K/wk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167466/Jose-Mourinho-spoke-John-Terry-Gary-Cahill-signing-Radamel-Falcao-believe-return-form.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Im thinking yeah OK he does have a chance to come good. We all know how important a good frame of mind and self belief is to a player soI really do hope he pisses manure off.

But the thing that makes me go shock_zpsetfuz7ad.gif is WTF would Mou be asking Cahill and JT for advice to bring in a player? Specially one that neither of them know the first thing about. WTF is the transfer team and the scouts doing? What would happen if Cahill turned round and said no hes as bad as I am boss?

I can see alot of heavy drinking sessions this season - one way or another! drunk_zpsa924oafm.gif

Term-X likes this

I don't see the issue personally. It's a risky transfer we all know that, whose better to judge than 2 defenders that have played against him?

Scouts who's jobs are to watch players from afar, analyze and then pass judgement?

Scouts who's jobs are to watch players from afar, analyze and then pass judgement?

Personally, when assessing strikers I would take the opinion of a quality central defender who has played against them over the opinion of a scout any day of the week.

It's not like scouts always get it right anyway.

stroey likes this

I'd genuinely rather have a broken Falcao instead of Higuain. I hate that guy's game.

Do you seriously believe Chelsea signed Falcao just because JT/Cahill told Mourinho to do so? :lol:

jeronimo and Essien19 like this