Northern Soul

I do alot of Dj'ing at the Northern Soul/Mod All Nighters and have got a massive vinyl collection of some really rare stuff.

Ive uploaded quite a few torrents (under username Imunionjack) and have put quite a few of the rarer ones up on my Youtube channel under the name GasmaskHeadhunter.

CHECK HERE

If theres anything I can put together on MP3 that you cant find gimme a shout and I'll see what I can do for you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you understood serious record collectors, specially Northern Soul then you would think I was fuckin crazy in paying what I did for this just lately. But its been on my wants list for many years and Ive never been in the right place at the right time to get it.

I paid half in cash and swapped some other records for it. I think I came out on top and it will never leave my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

I know. Youre asking yourself where the fuck does he get these things from? I tell my Mrs Ive borrowed them hahaha She'd be out the door with a boxfull if she only knew!

Theres lads out there that are like me and would give there left dangley for this. At least they would own it. I'd only get to watch Varane play and still have o pay to do that. Whos the mug?

Amazing track tho.

I love the way that music influences artists and generations. Whereas if I ever played this at a miter Id have anarchy,riots and wouldn't ever be booked again its a good track to have on in the car with the hood down.

On a totally different note I fuckin hate that chick! Shes from Bristol. Her mum n dads both self seeking publicists who are trying to get fame and fortune thru her and her little brother. I met them when I was doing a spot at the 100 club and they came over to introduce themselves and wouldnt shut up about her. I ended up telling them I hated the way people try to make money out of the scene and all these shit Northern films being made and if she just liked dancing like they said then wht didnt they just go away and leave her to have a boogie. They wasn't pleased.

Shes not a bad little dancer tho.

I love the way that music influences artists and generations. Whereas if I ever played this at a miter Id have anarchy,riots and wouldn't ever be booked again its a good track to have on in the car with the hood down.

On a totally different note I fuckin hate that chick! Shes from Bristol. Her mum n dads both self seeking publicists who are trying to get fame and fortune thru her and her little brother. I met them when I was doing a spot at the 100 club and they came over to introduce themselves and wouldnt shut up about her. I ended up telling them I hated the way people try to make money out of the scene and all these shit Northern films being made and if she just liked dancing like they said then wht didnt they just go away and leave her to have a boogie. They wasn't pleased.

Shes not a bad little dancer tho.

Mate there whole album is brilliant, if you aint heard it, do so. Check out a band called the Milk aswell

Mate there whole album is brilliant, if you aint heard it, do so. Check out a band called the Milk aswell

Yeah actually played a couple others when you posted this one. Dunno Milk tho - Ill go check them out.

You into Northern? If so what type? Stompers/Newer slower crossover/more funkier stuff?

Yeah actually played a couple others when you posted this one. Dunno Milk tho - Ill go check them out.

You into Northern? If so what type? Stompers/Newer slower crossover/more funkier stuff?

tbh im into all sorts of stuff. dont really have a genre i focus on, if it sounds good ill play it lol.

tbh im into all sorts of stuff. dont really have a genre i focus on, if it sounds good ill play it lol.

I hear ya. I got a really eclectic tast in music but I only buy rare Northern and funk vinyl. Only got about 200 CDs but about 15,000 7" and 2000 albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I have to carry on this way lord!

OK lets get staunch and go back when stompers ruled. Couldn't be a better way to start the day off and get the blood pumping before the game.

Paid £80 for this one and a copy went in july for over $6k http://www.popsike.com/Rare-Detroit-Northern-Soul-45-the-Tomangoes-I-Really-Love-You-Original-Hear/391207438849.html

im a mod revivalist mate been riding scooters from 1979 ,my current ride is a vespa GTS300.from london and rode with the wasps of london sc.now based in oxford for the last 30 years plus and attend northern soul nights and mod revival nights and live bands etc.also do most of the scooter ride outs .KTF

• 4 months later...

Just had a few months in Goa so not been to a match for bloomin ages. But bought a couple of VERY rare tunes just before Xmas. Going to the States tomorrow for a week record hunting. Got a few from the top of my wants list to pick up!! Will post them when Im home but to keep you going - yeahhhh theyre mine!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you know your Northern then you will understand how Im feeling right now after buying these last week! They cost me a small countries national debt and made from ground down hens teeth! Go check out my other new buys. - The Mrs aint too chuffed right now haha!

On 26/09/2015 at 1:40 PM, oxfordblues said:

im a mod revivalist mate been riding scooters from 1979 ,my current ride is a vespa GTS300.from london and rode with the wasps of london sc.now based in oxford for the last 30 years plus and attend northern soul nights and mod revival nights and live bands etc.also do most of the scooter ride outs .KTF

Forgot to answer your post bud.

Had a scoot since I was 13, went to all the runs from 79 too. Used to DJ at the runs. Always had a Lammy - sorry I just dont like Vespas even tho theyre more reliable lol. Used to knock around with the old 5:15s and a lot up in Peterborough the Cross keys. right now I got a AF GP250.

My%20Lambretta%20SX250.jpg

was thinking of nipping up  to af rayspeed and checking out there restored GP 200 s.ps a had a lammy TV 200 and an LI150 1979-1982,sold my T 5 classic for the GTS.well i am 55 now :-).ps you must have known the DJ Tony class who sadly passed away ,he was a founding member of the wasps sc,KTF