Michael Essien

LDN Blue

I still feel he's got it, but I've noticed that Essien plays a lot more cautiously (this season) when going in to make a tackle or going after the ball when defending...(usually he harasses the opposition when they have the ball and quickly charges forward after getting back)..maybe he's worried about getting knocked in the knees again....

Guest justin_3d

I wouldn't swap Essien for 10 sneijder!

Essien is Chelsea legend like Drogba, and they have to finish here!

People like Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Ferreira, Bosingwa can go.

Legends like Drogba, Essien and Lampard can stay in the club a la Scholes and Giggs.

Legends like Drogba, Essien and Lampard can stay in the club a la Scholes and Giggs.

No they don't! We will not keep them for sentimental reasons! If they are not neaded for a new vision then they should go.

So just because he is a "Legend "he shouldnt be sold?....his knees are gone, two operations in two seasons during which he missed more than half the seasons, not to mention he missed 2 months again this past season. 3 seasons and im still waiting to see Essien of 06-07 and 07-08. Plus we now have Ramirez who is a much fitter and much younger and equally talented. We need creativity and id have Sneijder over Essien.

I would do an Essien + 5million cash for Sneijder.

Legend or not, I still say we keep him..if Ramires and Mikel both get injured (very likely in this league), we need a backup CDM. As I said earlier, we need to strengthen the squad and so we need to ADD not replace..What we do need is one more CAM, since Lampard is the only one we have, and Benayoun gets injured too often. Since its unlikely that McEachran will be used on a regular basis(though I would like him to be) we should sign someone like Sneijder, etc.. If the club removes someone to accommodate excess wages, I rather it removed some dead weight, rather than a regular contributor....

• 2 weeks later...