test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LDN Blue

Michael Essien

Started by LDN Blue,

1,146 posts in this topic

Really surprised at the prominent role Essien has for Madrid.

I think Essien just needed a change of scenery and some words from the Special one to motivate him once more.

Another fantastic performance today, game changed for Madrid when he came on.

The game changed because Dortmund changed tactics in the second half and decided to sit deep.

I'm really not getting all the fuss about Essien's performances with Madrid I just don't see it. Today I didn't think he was good, lost the ball way too often for my liking.

I'll admit, he's doing better than I thought he would, but I still reckon he wouldn't get a look in if he were still here.

Lets face it, he will never become his old self again, but he has really surprised me in Madrid if u compare to the last 2 seasons here at Chelsea.

As you known Essien is doing recovery at the Cobham, I couldn't help but wondering are we bringing him back at Jan??

Does this mean once he's fit he is staying with us or is he going straight back to Madrid?

"However, the Liga side are optimistic that his latest problem can be quickly resolved and he can return to Madrid in the New Year."

Not sure what's worse - that we spent £50 million on Torres or have an injury-hit player a five-year contract.

Torres obviously. By far. Essien would've still been useful here this season whereas Fernando is just...

Essien returns to Chelsea as injury cuts Madrid jaunt short

http://www.goal.com/...1/30/3567797/-?

Lmao at goal.com :doh:

Title: Essien returns to Chelsea as injury cuts Madrid jaunt short

Article: "Essien is not injured but is suffering from an allergic reaction to a drug," stated Karanka at a press conference.

Just seen some old vids of him, what a beast he was, he could do anything, score from any range and ankle, with either foot or head, run 10 miles each game at full steam with or without ball. Celebrating his goal against ottenham in 2008, Mikel and Kalou jumped on either shoulder in celebration and the bison simply walked on as if he had not even noticed that he carried about 160kg on his shoulders.

Yeah, maybe that Darren Campbell guy can make him regain his pace so he will still be more useful.

------------------Cech--------------

Ferreira--Carvalho-Terry--Cole

-------------Makelele------------

-------Essien--------Lampard--

Cole------------------------Robben

--------------Drogba-------------

best team we ever had together, even though they never had their best career form at the same time (which is why the 2009/10 team comes close, the players were not as classy but all were in great form). How deep we have fallen from a side that had power, pace, strength, skill and vigour to the bunch of weakish kids without guts and fighting spirit we call our team nowadays....well at least not as deep as Liverpool or Le Arse.

didierforever likes this

I read that Essien has returned from his loan at Madrid due to injury.

is this true? anybody know anythign about the injury and if he is going to return to Madrid once he is fit or will he be staying? I think he would fit in well to the way Rafa plays.