Player of the Year 2015

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm missing something, this awards night is meant to be about Chelsea, not about what managers of other loser clubs said about Chelsea during the season. Stooping to their level on an occasion like this is petty and childish.

On the contrary, I think his speech for this ocassion is cunning and spot on. he hardly criticize other rivals troughout the campaign. To finally spout it out in humor during the celebration night in front of mostly Chelsea ardent, brilliant.

For the record, he don't talk about other clubs directly. He just pointed out why the lads should've given more respect for what they have achieved.

Some people here don't have 1) sense of humor 2) don't know how it must have felt for the players to feel like they weren't respected the way they deserved for RUNNING away with the title since the league started. Everyone PRETENDED to forget the football we played for five months and started saying crap about us as a team. Mourinho will ALWAYS defend his players. I understand the bitter and haters having a field day with something that although hilarious, is also true, what I don't get is the stick he gets from his own fans... If you feel someone didn't need to come up and defend us, good for you, but I think the players are even prouder and grateful for having him as their manager now than they were before. Some of you guys just watch too much of your fave Game of Thrones Jon Snow... it's getting to your mind

Don't know what you're getting so worked up and personal about. I have defended Mourinho and the team 90 percent of the time (I think you'd remember) but that doesn't preclude me from deviating from that line when I feel he does or says something unnecessary. Mourinho and Chelsea have proved themselves comprehensively; he doesn't need to resort to silly 'rebukes' on a night meant to celebrate our success to make a point.

I wished players poty will be Terry.

Hazard been great, but others deserve some recognition too. Those who did massive job but didnt get much attention like Terry or Matic.

Just give all the awards to Hazard so he'll never leave.

Thank you mate!!! great quality!

The goal of the season, Cesc involved in ALL 6 selected goals, what a magic player.

Cesc assisted 4, scored 1 and pre-assisted 1.

And also, the Schurrle goal was selected as the top 6!

Thank you mate!!! great quality!

The goal of the season, Cesc involved in ALL 6 selected goals, what a magic player.

Cesc assisted 4, scored 1 and pre-assisted 1.

And also, the Schurrle goal was selected as the top 6!

And it didn't win the Goal of the Season award?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Don't know what you're getting so worked up and personal about. I have defended Mourinho and the team 90 percent of the time (I think you'd remember) but that doesn't preclude me from deviating from that line when I feel he does or says something unnecessary. Mourinho and Chelsea have proved themselves comprehensively; he doesn't need to resort to silly 'rebukes' on a night meant to celebrate our success to make a point.

It was supposed to be a lighthearted speech in an internal event. You guys take things too seriously... including an also lighthearted comment about how Jon Snow knows nothing. You're the one who took it personally. As said if you think it was unnecessary to defend the players, good for you. He didn't did it for you, he did for them and I'm sure they appreciated . As you said it was a Chelsea night and the audience was laughing their arses off during it all. I think it only added to their celebration

It was supposed to be a lighthearted speech in an internal event. You guys take things too seriously... including an also lighthearted comment about how Jon Snow knows nothing. You're the one who took it personally. As said if you think it was unnecessary to defend the players, good for you. He didn't did it for you, he did for them and I'm sure they apreciando. As you Saito it was a Chelsea night and the audience was laughing their arses off during it all. I think it only added to their celebration

Pointless. Good day.

I wished players poty will be Terry.

Hazard been great, but others deserve some recognition too. Those who did massive job but didnt get much attention like Terry or Matic.

The talisman and special player always gets the main plaudits doesn't mean they don't appreciate the other's.

Look at United circa 2008, Ronaldo was the special player who sweeped up in awards not Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney etc etc

Unless I'm missing something, this awards night is meant to be about Chelsea, not about what managers of other loser clubs said about Chelsea during the season. Stooping to their level on an occasion like this is petty and childish.

LOL, jeez you must be no fun, do people hang around you :ph34r:

Some people here don't have 1) sense of humor 2) don't know how it must have felt for the players to feel like they weren't respected the way they deserved for RUNNING away with the title since the league started. Everyone PRETENDED to forget the football we played for five months and started saying crap about us as a team. Mourinho will ALWAYS defend his players. I understand the bitter and haters having a field day with something that although hilarious, is also true, what I don't get is the stick he gets from his own fans... If you feel someone didn't need to come up and defend us, good for you, but I think the players are even prouder and grateful for having him as their manager now than they were before. Some of you guys just watch too much of your fave Game of Thrones Jon Snow... it's getting to your mind

Well said B.

Some people must have missed the queue when the sense of humour bus was handing out doses of fun.