West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

Or...."Jose says Chelsea will take it easy in this match so let's try not to get any injuries and waste energy since our season is practically over."

Let's face it, all WBA probably care about is not getting a thrashing.

last league win there 2011 so due a win and thrashing be even better :-D

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or...."Jose says Chelsea will take it easy in this match so let's try not to get any injuries and waste energy since our season is practically over."

Let's face it, all WBA probably care about is not getting a thrashing.

Doubt that, Tony Pulis has a habit of taking scalps of the big boys and with us potentially playing 2-3 youngster's I have no doubt he will be smelling blood here aswell.

---------Cech---------

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Ake

-----Matic---RLC-----

Willian--Fab--Hazard

--------Remy--------

Solanke or Brown to come off the bench. I think we could win with this lineup and still have a chance for 90 points.

I'm pretty sure Mourinho will play Terry and Ivanovic for the last two games so they both reach 38 league starts for the season. Hopefully Zouma will be fit as well but something tells me his season is done.

I know that. Inferring that, because they're safe, he thinks they won't have any motivation. If they didn't already have any motivation to beat the champions, they do now! "Let's prove to José we're still fighting!".

I think it's more to do with the flak he would get if he played a 'reserve' team against a team still fighting relegation on the last day (ie. maybe Sunderland). In contrast to that, WBA are safe so he can play who he likes. It's not a slight on them or their motivation, just saying that he can do it and it doesn't matter if we lose to WBA, noone will kick up a stink. Sunderland would be a different matter if we lost with the kids and they stayed up as a result.

Doubt that, Tony Pulis has a habit of taking scalps of the big boys and with us potentially playing 2-3 youngster's I have no doubt he will be smelling blood here aswell.

Precisely my point.

Doubt Mourinho meant to dismiss West Brom in any way with his comments yesterday. There's no need to overanalyse or overthink things really.

More curious to see how he will manage the younger players in the game and the way they deal with the pressure in a Premier League away game (assuming they get sufficient game time).

Precisely my point.

Indeed I dread facing his sides, wasn't happy atall when he went to WBA knowing we were going there on the second last game, thankfully nothings riding on this.

Indeed I dread facing his sides, wasn't happy atall when he went to WBA knowing we were going there on the second last game, thankfully nothings riding on this.

Yet despite all the fears of facing a Tony Pulis side away from home, we are actually one of the very very few big sides to have a great record against his teams

Yet despite all the fears of facing a Tony Pulis side away from home, we are actually one of the very very few big sides to have a great record against his teams

Not in recent years, 1 win out of 4 and the one before that was a last minute winner.

Not in recent years, 1 win out of 4 and the one before that was a last minute winner.

Never said his teams are easy to play against but compare our record with others, it's positive - 3 wins from 6 matches and only 1 defeat and that was because of an OG.

Never said his teams are easy to play against but compare our record with others, it's positive - 3 wins from 6 matches and only 1 defeat and that was because of an OG.

Fair enough, but I was thinking more how hard he makes it for us, bar the 7-0 under Carlo and 4-0 under Rafa games vs his team's have been an awful struggle and we have had to rely on individual moment's to get results.

That's why im glad we aren't going here with the title on the line (which was a legit fear in January) as it would have likely been a tortoirous night to say the least.

For me:

-------------------Cech--------------------

-Azpi----Terry----Christensen----Ake-

------------Matic--------RLC-------------

-Cuadrado-----Fabregas-----Willian-

-------------------Remy-------------------

Subs: Beeney, Ivan, Luis, Mikel, Hazard, Brown, Drogba.

I thought RLC had a better game.

he definitely did. but mikel had a good game too and that too in a position he has barely ever played before (thought he was more no.8-ish than no.6-ish). when matic came on, he went to his old self and put in a couple of really good tackles (i think one of them was on the edge of the box).

sound like isaiah brown will be playing a part against west brom

Mourinho said: “Izzy Brown came from West Brom, so it will be special for him to play at his house.”