test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed West Brom v Chelsea

Started by Jason,

397 posts in this topic

Doubt that, Tony Pulis has a habit of taking scalps of the big boys and with us potentially playing 2-3 youngster's I have no doubt he will be smelling blood here aswell.

Precisely my point.

Tomo likes this

Doubt Mourinho meant to dismiss West Brom in any way with his comments yesterday. There's no need to overanalyse or overthink things really.

More curious to see how he will manage the younger players in the game and the way they deal with the pressure in a Premier League away game (assuming they get sufficient game time).

Precisely my point.

Indeed I dread facing his sides, wasn't happy atall when he went to WBA knowing we were going there on the second last game, thankfully nothings riding on this.

BlueLion. likes this

Indeed I dread facing his sides, wasn't happy atall when he went to WBA knowing we were going there on the second last game, thankfully nothings riding on this.

Yet despite all the fears of facing a Tony Pulis side away from home, we are actually one of the very very few big sides to have a great record against his teams

Yet despite all the fears of facing a Tony Pulis side away from home, we are actually one of the very very few big sides to have a great record against his teams

Not in recent years, 1 win out of 4 and the one before that was a last minute winner.

BlueLion. likes this

?? thats very unfair. thought mikel was very good yesterday. made a massive mistake for the goal but apart from that, he was real good.

I thought RLC had a better game.

Not in recent years, 1 win out of 4 and the one before that was a last minute winner.

Never said his teams are easy to play against but compare our record with others, it's positive - 3 wins from 6 matches and only 1 defeat and that was because of an OG.

Never said his teams are easy to play against but compare our record with others, it's positive - 3 wins from 6 matches and only 1 defeat and that was because of an OG.

Fair enough, but I was thinking more how hard he makes it for us, bar the 7-0 under Carlo and 4-0 under Rafa games vs his team's have been an awful struggle and we have had to rely on individual moment's to get results.

That's why im glad we aren't going here with the title on the line (which was a legit fear in January) as it would have likely been a tortoirous night to say the least.

For me:

-------------------Cech--------------------

-Azpi----Terry----Christensen----Ake-

------------Matic--------RLC-------------

-Cuadrado-----Fabregas-----Willian-

-------------------Remy-------------------

Subs: Beeney, Ivan, Luis, Mikel, Hazard, Brown, Drogba.

I thought RLC had a better game.

he definitely did. but mikel had a good game too and that too in a position he has barely ever played before (thought he was more no.8-ish than no.6-ish). when matic came on, he went to his old self and put in a couple of really good tackles (i think one of them was on the edge of the box).

sound like isaiah brown will be playing a part against west brom

Mourinho said: “Izzy Brown came from West Brom, so it will be special for him to play at his house.”

Another guard of honour coming up it seems...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9850895/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-expecting-tight-premier-league-race-next-season?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Albion will also give Chelsea a guard of honour at the Hawthorns to recognise their achievement.

"I think the club are going to do that," Pulis said. "It's right they should be shown respect that champions deserve."