• Ake (sub)
    • Brown (sub)
    • Chelsea fans - "We've won the league"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the perfect place for one of my favourite football jokes. Can't remember when I first heard it, maybe Jim Davidson.

A man is at a car boot sale and buys a box of odds and ends. When he gets home at the bottom of a box is a golden lamp. He takes it out and sees it has a smudge on the side so he goes to polish it off and POOF! out pops a genie from the end of it.

The man lets out a yell of surprise before regaining his composure. "You're a genie!?" he said. "That I am" replied the Genie, "And I am here to grant you a wish.".

"Just the one wish?" The man enquires questioningly. "Yes just one" replied the annoyed Genie, "How many were you expecting? 3? What a ridiculous idea."

"Alright alright...." Says the bemused man, before saying "Ok then, if I only have 1 wish then it is to be immortal, and to never die.".

"Not going to happen" says the Genie, "It doesn't work like that.".

"Fine." replies the man, "I want to die when West Bromich Albion win the league then.".

"You crafty prick!" replies the Genie.

How did he look clueless? Was he ever caught out of position? Admittedly, his strengths definitely isn't defensively but he still had a good game in that regards. He wasn't the flashiest but was composed, tidy. Played a bit within himself though. I'd like to see him take a few more risks.

many many many times.

there were a couple of wbA shots from the edge of the box where he simply was not covering for matic and considering the fact that he was playing as a no.6, he should be doing that.

you say his strength is not defensively, but he was "tidy" in attack. everyone he tried a tough pass, he gave it away (pass to hazard), that time when he could have put costa thru but dilly-dallied on the ball and costa went off.

i am sorry, but for all the hype, he looks very ordinary.

Amazing how coincidences add together sometimes.

Despite the indifference, the substitutes used, the poor physical condition, despite everything that could never be a 3-0 defeat.

Fluke referee decision against Cesc, fluke penalty given away by Terry, extraordinary mistake by Courtois, all in the same match !
Their first was ok but again the ball wanted them.

Certainly didn't feel like we weren't gonna score... Strange game. Was looking forward to see the kids but not in these circumstances, would've liked them to come on in a game where there is something to play for.

Ruben had some beautiful dribbles to get past his man, looking forward to seeing him again next year.

Flop of the match, Gary Cahill.

Actually clicked on the thread to add the fans to the MOTM poll but Jason had already done it. Absolutely brilliant. Jose at the end was absolute class as well.

To borrow from our American friends, "could care less" about the scoreline :D Very solid match from Ruben and happy for Izzy's debut.

That's one more post/pre-season match out of the way. Roll on Sunderland.