Goal and Moment of the Season

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/05/goal-of-the-season-voting-now-open-.html

Diego Costa v Arsenal (h) – October 5
The striker maintained his outstanding start to the season with another clinical finish. He took a superb Cesc Fabregas pass in his stride before deftly lobbing Wojciech Szczesny to put the seal on a fine 2-0 win against our London rivals.

Oscar v Crystal Palace (a) – October 18
No stranger to scoring spectacular goals, Oscar added another to his collection with a sublime free-kick at Selhurst Park. It quite simply could not have been placed any better.

Cesc Fabregas v Crystal Palace (a) – October 18
Later on in the same game, we doubled our advantage when Cesc Fabregas rounded off an intricate team move, involving Oscar and Eden Hazard, with a clever finish.

Oscar v QPR (h) – 1 November
Another Oscar special, this time using the outside of his boot. The ball swerved dramatically from left to right and in off the post.

Filipe Luis v Derby County (a) – 16 December
The full-back scored his first goal for the club in style, bending in a brilliant free-kick from some way out.

Diego Costa v West Ham (h) – 26 December
A Christmas treat for the Chelsea fans as the striker twisted inside and out before firing a low drive into the bottom corner. It was exceptional forward play.

Eden Hazard v Southampton (a) – 28 December
This felt like a goal we had seen before, and that is what made it so special. The winger cut in from the left in trademark style before striking a sweet shot past Frazer Forster.

Diego Costa v Newcastle (h) – 10 January
After finding Oscar, Diego Costa picked up the flicked return pass, shifted inside and crashed the ball in, providing a fitting end to a cracking team move.

Branislav Ivanovic v Aston Villa (a) – 7 February
With the game locked at 1-1, Cesar Azpilicueta picked out his fellow full-back who thumped in a sweet left-footed volley. It was a goal worthy of deciding any game.

Eden Hazard v Hull City (a) – 22 March
Barely a minute into the game Hazard drove at the Hull defence and then found the top corner with a rasping 25-yard drive. We went on to win 3-2.

Eden Hazard v Manchester United (h) – 18 April
Racing on to a brilliant Oscar backheel, the PFA Players’ Player of the Year burst clear before stroking the ball between the legs of David de Gea, in the process deciding a tight game and moving us a step closer to the title.

Ramires v Leicester City (a) – 29 April
The Brazilian midfielder, twice a winner of this award, showed his pace and quality in one instant, latching on to a Fabregas cutback outside the box and bending the ball into the top corner to complete a fine second-half Chelsea turnaround.

1. Where is Schurrle's goal vs burnley?

2. Voted for Cesc Vs Palace...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal of the season:- Andre Schurrle against City ... one of the best counter attacking I've ever seen. Team work and technique(Hazard, Cesc, Costa, Hazard, Schurrle .. Goal!!! :D )

Moment of the season:- We haven't had much of these ... shows how much in control we've been :) ... but if I have to pick one nonetheless, I'd to go with Willian's goal vs Everton

Do you remember when the first photo of him holding the CFC shirt emerged days before the WC? Everyone thought it was photoshopped haha.

Didn't that happen on the first day of the World Cup? I remember the picture being leaked on twitter and within hours the official announcement was made (before Brazil took on Croatia). Good times.

Didn't that happen on the first day of the World Cup? I remember the picture being leaked on twitter and within hours the official announcement was made (before Brazil took on Croatia). Good times.

Ahh, good times. Remember it like it was just yesterday.

Man, let me start by saying that this thread is a very good one, since it makes us all remember those endless great moments/goals that this club has achieved this season, and a great thanks to Mourinho for making it come true. I've slagged him from time to time, but man, am I eternally grateful that he came back.

Goal: There are so many, from Terry scoring early at Stoke, Willian vs Everton, Schürrle vs City, Cesc against QPR, etc etc, but I'mma have to go with Drogba vs Leicester. Leicester were cruising after they scored, you could see that smug satisfaction on Albrighton's face when it was HT, and many, myself included, were annoyed at Drogba and what the hell he was doing on the pitch. Him scoring 2 mins in the 2nd half was the moment I knew that this team is a definite upgrade on the shower of semi-sh**t we had to endure since the 10-11 season, and we were rightfuly becoming the best English team again.

Moment: The 3-6 match. Me and other organizers were preparing an intro party at our uni for our institute's freshmen and I could only follow the game via Livescore. The way it was panning out (1-2, 1-3, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4, 3-5) was annoying me at not being able to watch it, but my God, when I saw that the game finished 3-6, I was really elated and ready to party. It was wonderful to be proud of having stuck with our beloved club through thick and thin and finally be able to enjoy the good times again. Watching the highlights the next day was an icing on the cake!

• 3 weeks later...