test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Goal and Moment of the Season

Started by Jason,

51 posts in this topic

Top three moments for me -

- Diego Costa's 'crimes' against Liverpool - you could feel the whole world was against us, the campaign against Chelsea, Jose ignoring the press conferences. I feel somehow it brought the team even more together.

- 1-0 win at West Ham. We just won the COC and had another difficult derby away from home. It was a game of goalkeepers at both ends. How did that end just 1-0, I will never know. I think it was the first game the fans started singing 'We're gonna win the league'. It was all about the winning mentality.

- Winning difficult away games late in the season. Last year we lost to Villa or Crystal Palace which cost us the League eventually. This season, we managed to win these - Hull, QPR or Leicester. A right progress.

Goal of the season?

I will try to be different (Schurrle against Burnley is the obvious choice) and say Schurrle against Man City. It was a fantastic counter attack. Hazard's pass was not bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcd3aeSaaY

You are a man of great judgement! :)

The moment for me was Fabregas' late goal vs QPR. That's when I was 100% sure that we will the title.

Was gonna say this, but I love Azpi.

Schurrle's goal vs Burnley won't win GOTS for the simple reason he's buggered off elsewhere... which is a good thing because Cesc's goal vs Palace was better anyway.

Willian's winner against Everton was the big moment for me. Kept the gap at 7 points with 13 games remaining. That game won us the league, IMO.

Can't remember where, but Mourinho recently said that he had two favourite moments this season - Schurrle's goal at Burnley, and Cech's save against Everton. I tend to agree.

dUMB likes this

Can't remember where, but Mourinho recently said that he had two favourite moments this season - Schurrle's goal at Burnley, and Cech's save against Everton. I tend to agree.

Interview after the title, it's posted in the mourinho thread

CFC888 likes this

Goal: Costa vs Arsenal. - Great lob and what. a. pass.

Moment: The day we signed Fabregas, that was a fantastic day. Everyone doubted it'd happen, but it did. After that, I knew the title was ours.

Moment: The day we signed Fabregas, that was a fantastic day. Everyone doubted it'd happen, but it did. After that, I knew the title was ours.

Do you remember when the first photo of him holding the CFC shirt emerged days before the WC? Everyone thought it was photoshopped haha.

BlueLion., Viper22, Stats and 1 other like this

Another of the great moments of the season was selling Lord Nutmegs for £50 million.

No. I think the best moment of the season was/should be when we finally got rid of Flopres once and for all!

The Skipper likes this

I would add few freekick goals to all of those you guys mentioned. Oscar vs palace and Filipe vs derby

Goal: Mikel's backheel and a cool finish by Costa v. Everton away.

Moment: Ivanovic's header against Pool in the League Cup. Felt good to see their hearts break. Get Gerrard to Wembley, my ass

BlueLion. likes this

Do you remember when the first photo of him holding the CFC shirt emerged days before the WC? Everyone thought it was photoshopped haha.

Indeed. Watching people get proved wrong when they're so mouthy and cocky is very satisfying.

Sidzeret likes this

Goal : Schurrle vs City or Schurrle vs Burnley. I choose the first because of the opposition.

btw, Schurrle miss you badly :cry:

Moment: As didierforever said before i wanted to say that tomorrow's match may offer some strong contesters for this one! :D

So far: Willian vs Everton. I wanted to mention that. Massive goal and moment, i lost my voice. Many of us just knew that we've done it right then and there.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/05/goal-of-the-season-voting-now-open-.html

Diego Costa v Arsenal (h) – October 5
The striker maintained his outstanding start to the season with another clinical finish. He took a superb Cesc Fabregas pass in his stride before deftly lobbing Wojciech Szczesny to put the seal on a fine 2-0 win against our London rivals.

Oscar v Crystal Palace (a) – October 18
No stranger to scoring spectacular goals, Oscar added another to his collection with a sublime free-kick at Selhurst Park. It quite simply could not have been placed any better.

Cesc Fabregas v Crystal Palace (a) – October 18
Later on in the same game, we doubled our advantage when Cesc Fabregas rounded off an intricate team move, involving Oscar and Eden Hazard, with a clever finish.

Oscar v QPR (h) – 1 November
Another Oscar special, this time using the outside of his boot. The ball swerved dramatically from left to right and in off the post.

Filipe Luis v Derby County (a) – 16 December
The full-back scored his first goal for the club in style, bending in a brilliant free-kick from some way out.

Diego Costa v West Ham (h) – 26 December
A Christmas treat for the Chelsea fans as the striker twisted inside and out before firing a low drive into the bottom corner. It was exceptional forward play.

Eden Hazard v Southampton (a) – 28 December
This felt like a goal we had seen before, and that is what made it so special. The winger cut in from the left in trademark style before striking a sweet shot past Frazer Forster.

Diego Costa v Newcastle (h) – 10 January
After finding Oscar, Diego Costa picked up the flicked return pass, shifted inside and crashed the ball in, providing a fitting end to a cracking team move.

Branislav Ivanovic v Aston Villa (a) – 7 February
With the game locked at 1-1, Cesar Azpilicueta picked out his fellow full-back who thumped in a sweet left-footed volley. It was a goal worthy of deciding any game.

Eden Hazard v Hull City (a) – 22 March
Barely a minute into the game Hazard drove at the Hull defence and then found the top corner with a rasping 25-yard drive. We went on to win 3-2.

Eden Hazard v Manchester United (h) – 18 April
Racing on to a brilliant Oscar backheel, the PFA Players’ Player of the Year burst clear before stroking the ball between the legs of David de Gea, in the process deciding a tight game and moving us a step closer to the title.

Ramires v Leicester City (a) – 29 April
The Brazilian midfielder, twice a winner of this award, showed his pace and quality in one instant, latching on to a Fabregas cutback outside the box and bending the ball into the top corner to complete a fine second-half Chelsea turnaround.

1. Where is Schurrle's goal vs burnley?

2. Voted for Cesc Vs Palace...

stroey likes this

Goal of the season:- Andre Schurrle against City ... one of the best counter attacking I've ever seen. Team work and technique(Hazard, Cesc, Costa, Hazard, Schurrle .. Goal!!! :D )

Moment of the season:- We haven't had much of these ... shows how much in control we've been :) ... but if I have to pick one nonetheless, I'd to go with Willian's goal vs Everton