Your ideal team for next season ?

Courtois;

Dave, Zouma, Terry, Luis;

Fabregas, Matic;

I really don't care, someone good; Willian, Hazard;

Costa

I'm not about to move Fab from his preferred position and remove all the great things Willian brings to a team just because it's another transfer window. We could use a right winger but only if Willian is central. If Willian goes back wide, we either pursue with Oscar which I'm sure will suffice, or, we go for some big name in the centre. But besides that I think our squad already has the potential to field a perfect XI.

We should focus on solid back-ups. Back-ups who aren't actually expecting to be starting 20+ games a season for us, a-la Schurrle or Lukaku. Sort that out and we will be rosy.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't think we need Varane when Cahill, Terry and Zouma still in the squad for next season. Varane too good to be benched, and basically it will 'kill' Zouma. Next year maybe.

So you actually think that Varane would be on the bench because Cahill is here ?

Zouma is 20 years old kid with still much to learn about positioning. He has his time. Varane is way ahead of him in his development.

If we really want to subdue to any big side we face, let's not sign fast, proactive, ball-playing CB. But if we want to really go toe to toe with them and play like a comparable side, then CB is no 1 priority.

clyne - 20mil

varane - 30mil

sterling - 50mil

begovic - 10mil

lacazzete - 20mil

130mil pounds easily!!!!!

Hm. I'm inclined to give the club the benefit of doubt on striking good bargains, on the evidence of Mourinho's return. Clyne & Sterling will be on their last year of their contracts so they could be brought down.. Clyne is perhaps accurate but not Sterling. I'm sure we can get Begovic for a bit under if Mourinho can convince him.

Hm. I'm inclined to give the club the benefit of doubt on striking good bargains, on the evidence of Mourinho's return. Clyne & Sterling will be on their last year of their contracts so they could be brought down.. Clyne is perhaps accurate but not Sterling. I'm sure we can get Begovic for a bit under if Mourinho can convince him.

Begovic as a number two is probably the best (slightly) realistic option we can hope for next season, I'm not convinced he will accept that but I'd be delighted if im proved wrong.

If I am right I would be content with Green, a very good keeper who unfairly had his reputation ripped in two due to one bad error.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Messi Willian Hazard

Costa

fuck it why not if people think we are going to get Begovic, Clyne, Sterling, Lacazette, Varane, Reus and Bale I'll have Messi in my team.

Begovic as a number two is probably the best (slightly) realistic option we can hope for next season, I'm not convinced he will accept that but I'd be delighted if im proved wrong.

If I am right I would be content with Green, a very good keeper who unfairly had his reputation ripped in two due to one bad error.

We could go back for Ruddy lmao. Begovic is a vastly underrated keeper I feel though, he could probably find a CL club that would make him #1, but the lure of Chelsea might be even better for him.

We should be going all out for Marco Reus. With Klopp leaving, reports of Hummels/Gundogan on the way out, they will most likely look to cash in on their stars and rebuild the squad. I highly doubt Reus wants to spend his prime years playing for a team going through a major overhaul. Things have changed greatly since his contract extension in Jan. so I'm sure he'll be available. He can play anywhere across the 3, and as a ST. He has a high work-rate and tracks back, sound technically, good at set pieces, and can be another major goal threat.

Marco Reus,, Koke/or some other CM who can be trusted in the major matches. A backup GK, promote some youth players thaat will honestly play like RLC & Ake.

And we should be set to defend to title.

------------Courtois(new 2nd GK)

Ivan (Ake)--John Terry--Cahil (Zouma)--Azpi (Luis)

----Cesc (RLC & another CM)--Matic (Mikel)

Reus(Cuadrado)--Willian(Oscar)--Hazard

----Diego Costa (Remy & Reus)---

Im just gonna keep it too wish signings:

AM: Either Bale, Sterling or Isco. Any of these 3 and i would be happy. Reus is too injury prone.

CM: Pogba would be a dream, but Koke is almost just as good.

CB: Varane.

Hope we get atleast 2 of those.... or fuck it 1 would be good as well :)

Full back: Clyne or Rodriguez (If the stories about Luis leaving are true)

CB: Varane

CM: Schneiderlin (if Koké or Pogba are unattainable, which they probably will be)

ST: Bamford as 2nd choice.

We will be champions next season and I think we need one marquee signing to solidify our position, but I don't think we'll get one of Bale/Pogba/Koké etc. due to FFP. The only way that will happen is if the PSG fools (who are more concerned about having a good team to market instead of a good team in general) come in for Oscar with a stupid offer.

P.S.

Out: Mikel if we get a new CM and Cuadrado - I've no hope for him I'm afraid. I would be ruthless and ship him out now before his uselessness negatively affects next season. Just imagine if Hazard got injured and we were left with that...

Full back: Clyne or Rodriguez (If the stories about Luis leaving are true)

CB: Varane

CM: Schneiderlin (if Koké or Pogba are unattainable, which they probably will be)

ST: Bamford as 2nd choice.

We will be champions next season and I think we need one marquee signing to solidify our position, but I don't think we'll get one of Bale/Pogba/Koké etc. due to FFP. The only way that will happen is if the PSG fools (who are more concerned about having a good team to market instead of a good team in general) come in for Oscar with a stupid offer.

P.S.

Out: Mikel if we get a new CM and Cuadrado - I've no hope for him I'm afraid. I would be ruthless and ship him out now before his uselessness negatively affects next season. Just imagine if Hazard got injured and we were left with that...

Cuadrado like Torres did will at the very least get the first half of next season, the club won't write off a £24m investment after less than 10 appearances.

Luckily unlike with the Torres situation we have Mourinho in charge now so there be none of these excuses and pandering to him in the hope he comes good.

Cuadrado like Torres did will at the very least get the first half of next season, the club won't write off a £24m investment after less than 10 appearances.

Luckily unlike with the Torres situation we have Mourinho in charge now so there be none of these excuses and pandering to him in the hope he comes good.

I know we probably have a better chance of signing both Bale and Pogba than getting shot of Cuadrado, but I can dream! :D

I just think that we should have no weak areas next season and I think Cuadrado could really jeopardise our quality if Hazard, or even Willian, got injured. Think of 06/07, we couldn't retain it because JT was injured for nearly half the season and we had the brilliant Khalid Boulahrouz to step in. Not to mention Steve Sidwell...

So you actually think that Varane would be on the bench because Cahill is here ?

Zouma is 20 years old kid with still much to learn about positioning. He has his time. Varane is way ahead of him in his development.

If we really want to subdue to any big side we face, let's not sign fast, proactive, ball-playing CB. But if we want to really go toe to toe with them and play like a comparable side, then CB is no 1 priority.

Zouma is our Varane. I don't see any sign of Jose's urgency to drop Cahill-JT anytime soon either. Would love to see Varane here, but maybe next year, or when the moment JT retired. JT undroppable at the moment and expecting the same next season, playing most of the time. That one spot CB filled. I don't see any need to have 3 CB (Zouma, Cahill, Varane) fighting for one spot entire season.

Also I couldn't see Real Madrid will trying to sell one of their future CB either.

And I don't think we need Varane when Cahill, Terry and Zouma still in the squad for next season. Varane too good to be benched, and basically it will 'kill' Zouma. Next year maybe.

Let's also not forget that, while Zouma-Varane sounds fantastic, 2 inexperienced CBs together never tends to end well.

Zouma is our Varane. I don't see any sign of Jose's urgency to drop Cahill-JT anytime soon either. Would love to see Varane here, but maybe next year, or when the moment JT retired. JT undroppable at the moment and expecting the same next season, playing most of the time. That one spot CB filled. I don't see any need to have 3 CB (Zouma, Cahill, Varane) fighting for one spot entire season.

Also I couldn't see Real Madrid will trying to sell one of their future CB either.

Mourinho is always up for evolving and he will drop anyone if he believes it benefits the team.

How many times have we heard that Mou loves a certain player and would never drop him only for him to go and do just that?

Cahills a good player, but if we sign Varane then he's relegated to squad player.