test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   78 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Ivanovic
    • Zouma
    • Terry
    • Luis
    • Mikel
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

101 posts in this topic

Mourimho: „Against West Brom, because West Brom is safe, I am going to play Nathan Ake, Izzy Brown… Yes, the boys deserve – all of them.“

Really?

Fabregas was my MOTM. Thought he had a very good match. Poor game from Hazard but I will excuse him on the fact that he has been brilliant all season and played every league game for us without rarely being subbed. Holiday mode for him. He just did not seem to want the ball today. A shame we will miss out on the 90 point mark but oh well we are the champions. Looks like we will be the only team in the league unbeaten at home this season assuming we don't have a repeat of Sunderland last season.

Excellent to see RLC starting as well. Great for everyone associated with the club :blue scalf:

RLC would've been man of the match had he stayed on. Taking him off instead of Mikel, made no sense.. I hate that about Jose. We're already champions ffs. Chill out and let the fans have some fun

RLC would've been man of the match had he stayed on. Taking him off instead of Mikel, made no sense.. I hate that about Jose. We're already champions ffs. Chill out and let the fans have some fun

Made sense to me when Jose ecplained why

Reddish-Blue, darrus and DDA like this

FFS, this was his first ever senior team start, you can't expect him to play full 90 mins, especially in his position. The intensity is completely different than youth level.

You'll even notice that he was taken off at exactly the 60 min mark. Obviously pre-planned regardless of performance.

Starman60, Reddish-Blue and darrus like this

FFS, this was his first ever senior team start, you can't expect him to play full 90 mins, especially in his position. The intensity is completely different than youth level.

You'll even notice that he was taken off at exactly the 60 min mark. Obviously pre-planned regardless of performance.

why not? was he showing any sign of fatigue? he is a professional athlete who has been playing all season... I know that it isn't a big deal but it was absurd annoying

why not? was he showing any sign of fatigue? he is a professional athlete who has been playing all season... I know that it isn't a big deal but it was absurd annoying

Playing all season at youth level which is not even comparable to EPL intensity. As I said it was obviously planned regardless of performance or fatigue signs. No need to risk an injury to him. Protecting him was the right thing to do.

didierforever likes this

What an absolute chap Diego Costa is. He was sarcastically waving to the Liverpool fans when the stewards moved him from his seat.

Willian was outstanding today. I though Luis was also very good considering how little he has played, just that one stupid booking he picked up but apart from that I thought he was very good. Hazard was below par but he seems knackered. Last week against Crystal Palace he looked exhausted too. 4 days isn't enough really. I'd not even have him travel with the squad for West Brom and sit on the bench for Sunderland

DDA and The Chels like this

Bloody cheek haha though to be fair there was a lot of booing till Jose stood up lol.Mehhhhh.

Need a new song now that was catchy

Yh the usual pantomime boo's but when it really came to the moment that we all knew it was going to be the last time we would see Gerrard at the Bridge, he recieved the applause that he deserved. That's why I think he will regret the remarks he made about us tomorrow.

It's evident we try to play Barcelona style but we ain't them, just at the moment (n.b. the current Barcelona).
What difference between today's performence and that against MU for example ?

Against MU we managed to keep a clean sheet, not today as Stevie scored for his farewell (and did not slip while he was at it).

I believe Cesc underperformed, also Mikel.
Some changes are needed and I don't think the inclusion of Diego Costa will make this team stronger by more than 10%.
It's alright when we put the opposition to sleep and we hide the ball but what about scoring ? We tend to forget the colour.

With younger Drogba, Lamps and Essien was it like that ? We were seeing some bullet speed moves back then.

Jose dreamed up this system last summer, it worked, but some additional jobs are needed.

Because come August it won't be Maribor-Galata Saray-Xamax-QPR we will have to face.

Good start from Ruben. Played it safe but I think on his debut that was a good thing. So much potential.

As for Luis... Fantastic winger, less fantastic full back. Luis-Willian-Hazard next match would be great.

The question that will never be answered now... What if Gerrard signed for us? How would Lampard---Gerrard have worked with Mourinho... We will never find out..