Radja Nainggolan

RoyalBlues

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19 June 2016 at 9:14 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

I disagree. About what? Everything you say here.

So what if the supposed bids are widely quoted? What weight does that give them? The quotes may be accurate but neither you nor I know whether that is the case so to bleat without the facts is nonsensical.

I do care what the club pays and have been critical of the club for overpaying and for negotiating poorly. If you don't then you should because it does matter. Right at the start of the Roman era I wrote a piece which was published on the BBC sport website in which I said I had two ambitions for Roman's money. 1) That the boost it gave would help establish Chelsea permanently among the elite clubs, and 2) That by making Chelsea able to outspend the traditional big spenders it would give them a dose of their own medicine and teach them the anticompetitive nature of top level football where every league in the world is dominated by its richest clubs. That their inability to match Chelsea's spending power would scare them into accepting a fairer system. Neither of my ambitions has been achieved but I want to focus on the first one.

To be permanent members of the big boys club means becoming independent of Roman and that means sustainable transfer activity. The club's transfer dealings in the summer of 2003 could not have been handled more stupidly if you sat down and planned it. It taught the market than whatever price you can think of is still not high enough and that if you simply held out for your number you'd get it. Sellers have become drunk on that gravy train and weaning them off it is painful. Unless you are prepared to accept the pain however, unless you walk away sometimes, no one will ever take your positions seriously and the market will go on believing they can get silly amounts of money from Chelsea for players they not really desperate to keep anyway.

For you the end result is a winning season. For me the end result is perennially successful club.

You, unsure whether to snigger at Chelsea football club? Don't make me laugh. I expect most Chelsea fans care about your predicament about as much as you care about their club. You behave like a spoiled toddler. Where's my shiny new toy? I want my new toy. Why haven't you bought my shiny new toy yet? Seems to me that the club needs to treat you to a dose of good parenting to teach you some self discipline.

With the market being what it is, you can preach all about the virtues of not overpaying and he fees being too high but the end result is the same - the clubs that pay the fees get the players they want while Chelsea gets the likes of Papy and Falcao.

And why stop at players? Is the club over paying for hiring an expensive coach and his team as well? 

Walk away all you want and sulk at the so-called high transfer fees - the club ain't gonna get the players they want if they refuse the pay what the selling clubs demand.  And what self discipline crap are you posting? This is a Football forum, not some pulpit for you to preach regarding the morals of a Football fan.  Get high off your high horse !

The board has failed with the first of Conte's targets.  I can see this being repeated throughout the summer and Conte should be rightfully worried if the Board can't even support their new coach with any of his first choice transfer targets.

31 minutes ago, bellion said:

With the market being what it is, you can preach all about the virtues of not overpaying and he fees being too high but the end result is the same - the clubs that pay the fees get the players they want while Chelsea gets the likes of Papy and Falcao.

And why stop at players? Is the club over paying for hiring an expensive coach and his team as well? 

Walk away all you want and sulk at the so-called high transfer fees - the club ain't gonna get the players they want if they refuse the pay what the selling clubs demand.  And what self discipline crap are you posting? This is a Football forum, not some pulpit for you to preach regarding the morals of a Football fan.  Get high off your high horse !

I'm the one sulking?

And you should maybe edit your last sentence.

7 hours ago, bellion said:

The board has failed with the first of Conte's targets.  I can see this being repeated throughout the summer and Conte should be rightfully worried if the Board can't even support their new coach with any of his first choice transfer targets.

Failed how? I'm not a big fan of the board and Emenalo but if Nainggolan doesn't want to leave Italy, then there's nothing Chelsea can change about it. 

If Everton beat us to Koulibaly and we lose N'Golo Kante to that Shanghai club, then yes, they've failed. 

3 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

Failed how? I'm not a big fan of the board and Emenalo but if Nainggolan doesn't want to leave Italy, then there's nothing Chelsea can change about it. 

If Everton beat us to Koulibaly and we lose N'Golo Kante to that Shanghai club, then yes, they've failed. 

Yeah if Nainggolan dosnt want to leave Roma i deffo don't want him at our club,it would be interesting to know who actually wants to come and play 4us and if they will improve the team follow that route.

Lets face it we dont really know bugga all for fact. Only what some bloomin media click merchants tell us.

Id love the lad to join us. We need him or someone of eqal quality (OR 2 like him) badly. What I'm praying to anyone around that will listen to me is Conte has already had chats with him and hes told him he doesnt start work till thurs so he will sort him out then!

OK I might be clutching at straws but fuck guys we got 3 CMs in our sights. Radja,Kante & Witsel) All 3 of them are being wanted by most of Europe and seeing as we got no European carot to dangle like we normally do then we do really need to stick our hand in our pocket and cough up.

We got some money from players gone and we got alot of players me personally would get rid of today.

Theres times that we do need to be tough money wise with transfers but theres also certain times that we really need to play Billy Big Bollox.

• 1 month later...

Getting desperate now the club. When they had all summer. 

Just like last season throwing stupid bids at Marquinhos. 

Why do they do the same mistake twice in a role? Wait till the end to start doing something.....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You