test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Chelsea 2-1 Stoke

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Terry
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Costa (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

* I don't agree Ronaldo and Hazard can be compared as suggested. Different roles. Let's compare Terry and Hazard then. Messi ok and of course he used to be even better than he is now.

Eden Hazard's pen system is superb. His eyes are on the keeper and not the ball so he always dummies the keeper. At the same time his knows to avoid shooting wide.

* With Cuadrado it does n't look good now, but we have seen revivals of players in the past. Fiorentina and Chelsea are different quantities.

* Arsenal seem to be in good form but next year's opponent will be MU and it's not going to be nine points clear for either.

* We need to conclude our attacks sooner. Yesterday's tv commentator used the term "overplaying" which describes what happened against PSG and Burnley. I used other words back then.

You're talking about that moment where the player took ages to clear that ball away, right? If so, that was Matic.

Yeah - in first half, took ages to clear ball, and finally sent it directly to Stoke player just outside te box

Yeah - in first half, took ages to clear ball, and finally sent it directly to Stoke player just outside te box

Yup, that was Matic. Think there was a slight miscommunication between him and Courtois in terms of who's going to get the ball. In the end, Matic just hoofed it away because there was one Stoke player nearby.

Good morning! :D

Another thriller, but we managed to get the points. It must be very frustrating for the rivals to think time after time that we are going to lose points but in the end we don't!

This time we weren't bad or even average to deserve it imo. We played well enough to keep a clean sheet and score 2-3 goals, but football is crazy.

- Matic has finally showed signs of his earlier form. I think it's safe to say that both he and Cesc will be completely back on form in a couple of matches. We look so much better with them controlling the midfield.

- Willian had a great match and i would probably vote him for MOTM, however i couldn't ignore Hazard's performance. From another planet again.

- Remy with another goal. Truly wonderful signing, can't describe how grateful i am. It's going to be his time now and he totally deserves the minutes. Let's hope Costa is not serious though, we want to have options obviously, but nonetheless i am not worried at all about Remy stepping on his shoes for as long as it takes. He is fantastic.

- Cuadrado wasn't that awful imo. He just needs time to adapt and build some muscle obviously. Then we'll talk about it. Not fair to judge harshly yet.

- Oscar had a good start but deflated quickly. Frustrating <_< .

- I honestly thought at first that Tibo should't have conceded that goal but then i don't know much about goalkeeping positions so fair enough. I have changed my mind when i read about other opinions.

-Again, why Luis was benched i don't know. We would have been even better with him on the left and Azpi on the right.

All and all a good performance and it was about time, we will have to deal with some top sides soon.

Chels and Muzchap like this

- I honestly thought at first that Tibo should't have conceded that goal but then i don't know much about goalkeeping positions so fair enough. I have changed my mind when i read about other opinions.

Pele failed in Guadalajara.

Our own Alec Sofianidis scored like that against Olympiakos Piraeus, in a friendly, in 1963.

pegasus_LARGE_t_1041_27526494.JPG

Yup, that was Matic. Think there was a slight miscommunication between him and Courtois in terms of who's going to get the ball. In the end, Matic just hoofed it away because there was one Stoke player nearby.

thanks mate, guess not everything bad in our defence comes from Cahill and Iva :D

* We need to conclude our attacks sooner. Yesterday's tv commentator used the term "overplaying" which describes what happened against PSG and Burnley. I used other words back then.

We don't like to shoot from distance. We want to only shoot in the 6 yard box. Annoying formal arsenal behavior we have developed

One thing that has annoyed me these last few games: Why isn't Cesc taking all free kicks/corners?

We scored like 8 corners in the first half of the season, have we actually scored a direct goal from a freekick taken by Willian ever?

guddy6969 and xPetrCechx like this

One thing that has annoyed me these last few games: Why isn't Cesc taking all free kicks/corners?

We scored like 8 corners in the first half of the season, have we actually scored a direct goal from a freekick taken by Willian ever?

Recent one I remember: semi COC Liverpool assist to Ivanovic. Yesterday Iva was also close to a goal when Willian took the freekick.

pHaRaOn likes this

We don't like to shoot from distance. We want to only shoot in the 6 yard box. Annoying formal arsenal behavior we have developed

We are trying to be too intricate in and around the box at the moment. It's like we want to be the next Arsenal! I blame Fabregas for this...

kellzfresh likes this

We have some good distance shooters, but one also needs space to try.

Willian found some against Everton and he was also lucky. Hazard yesterday, early on, missed.

I mean more like one touch-two touch situations.

The endless formality reminds me of old USSR style. Their players liked to go past 4-5 opponents then went back and said "let's start again".

kellzfresh likes this

I thought we started superbly. We penned them into their own half in the first 45 mins and were really on the front foot. Stoke couldn't get out of their own half. (They even had to score from their own half!!) i think the team was stunned after the wonder goal by Adams and it ruined a very solid first half performance. Hazard is a genius and Willian, who I was starting to doubt, really played inspiriingly. We played a lot better than we had been of late and deserved the three points. Stoke are always stubborn opposition and are never a pushover. They play dour football, interlaced with a smattering of thuggery. But it works for them and they get away with it. in the second half I always felt it was just a matter of time until we scored, and after we did we just played possession football, not really attempting to increase our lead. Stoke never threatened us all the game and their goal was a pure fluke. Overall a very solid performance from the lads.

QPR next and my worry here is that both Fabregas and Matic are one booking away from a suspension, and that would put either of them out for the Man Utd game I think. And you can be sure there will be fireworks at Loftus Road !!!

The Chels likes this

I thought we started superbly. We penned them into their own half in the first 45 mins and were really on the front foot. Stoke couldn't get out of their own half. (They even had to score from their own half!!) i think the team was stunned after the wonder goal by Adams and it ruined a very solid first half performance. Hazard is a genius and Willian, who I was starting to doubt, really played inspiriingly. We played a lot better than we had been of late and deserved the three points. Stoke are always stubborn opposition and are never a pushover. They play dour football, interlaced with a smattering of thuggery. But it works for them and they get away with it. in the second half I always felt it was just a matter of time until we scored, and after we did we just played possession football, not really attempting to increase our lead. Stoke never threatened us all the game and their goal was a pure fluke. Overall a very solid performance from the lads.

QPR next and my worry here is that both Fabregas and Matic are one booking away from a suspension, and that would put either of them out for the Man Utd game I think. And you can be sure there will be fireworks at Loftus Road !!!

I think we have little choice but to play them both, all we can do is give Fabregas more physical protection and play Zouma + Matic midfield and he can take main flak and some marking duties.

Starman60 likes this

6 yellows! 6!. That's more than half the team. Ireland should have seen red. Dirty dirty team.

Charlie Adam needs to fix his teeth