Magic Lamps

9 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

If Hazard leaves, there is space for one world class attacker. Griezmann or Dybala will do nicely

Dybala all the life  over Griezmann! and why if hazard leave? fuck of willian, afterall dybala is a left foot so he has to play on the right! hazard, dybala,CHO and pedro! we are ok and in the summer out pedro in pulisic!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Most times I watch Griezmann, he disappoints.

Griezmann is a finisher similar to Salah, i think he is suited to Sarriball nicely. He has great off the ball movement, quick, work rate, release the ball quickly, very good technically. He would be immense on the left hand side. 

2 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Can someone like Marina really pull deals like this off? I don’t believe it..

So if, for example, she worked for PSG her £220m offer for Neymar would have failed?

My point is that there are other factors involved and I just don't buy into this scapegoating of Marina.

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't believe Marina selects the transfer targets. Do you?

As she is our DOF whose shoulders does it fall down on if not hers mate??

What I do think is by some decision - dog knows how, 'they' come up with a name they will target.

Granny being the penny pinscher that she is throws out some low ball offer that she must know will get laughed at and just make the next deals that much harder.

She might throw out some bigger bid but nowhere near the asking price which will obviously be turned down.

I can then imagine Granny thinking to herself " Well we need this player X who plays in such n such position.a player in X position. He is a lot of money,

I can go buy a player in that same position that a agent told be about for much cheaper.

It will be perfect. The manager gets a new player that it says in Whoscored has the same strengths, his youtubes look good and Roman will love me for saving him millions of squid! Win win all round!"

I wouldn't be at all surprised at that scenario.

When I AM really surprised is when we DO manage to put our hand in our pocket and step up for a player a la Kepa/Pully.

I would have much more faith in her and the board if she didn't take holidays during transfer windows, brought in a real DOF, sold our mass of unwanted players to put the money towards strengthening our 1st team.

That WOULD be good business.

19 hours ago, Unionjack said:

As she is our DOF whose shoulders does it fall down on if not hers mate??

On the person, or persons, who do make the footballing decisions.

I've written many times about who I think that is but I don't even have any evidence, never mind proof. I have also written many times about the fact that, were I in Roman's position, I would be making all of the transfer decisions myself. I'd listen to advice and recommendations of course but in the end I'd decide. I can conceive of a situation where I might defer to an experienced football person in whose judgement I trusted but there's no way I'd give up my dream of selecting all of Chelsea's players to someone with zero credentials. I don't think Roman would either. What'd be the point? Where would the fun be in that? I might give someone else the responsibility of handling the boring business side of deals but the fun part? No chance.

Granny being the penny pinscher that she is throws out some low ball offer that she must know will get laughed at and just make the next deals that much harder.

Then why hasn't Roman sacked her? Vesper's answer to that question is that Marina has some blackmail material over her boss. I don't remember Vesper's response to my follow up point which was why, if you have such powerful influence over a billionaire, why waste it on getting a job for which you are not qualified? One from the performance of which, you wouldn't gain a single scrap of prestige or self-esteem?  Why not take some other, equally well paid, position on the board. One that didn't entail actually working?

I can then imagine Granny thinking to herself " Well we need this player X who plays in such n such position.a player in X position. He is a lot of money,

I can go buy a player in that same position that a agent told be about for much cheaper.

It's possible but, for me to believe that I'd have to believe that Marina is an extremely stupid individual. I don't believe that and I've seen no evidence to cause me to doubt that opinion. 

50 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

On the person, or persons, who do make the footballing decisions.

I've written many times about who I think that is but I don't even have any evidence, never mind proof. I have also written many times about the fact that, were I in Roman's position, I would be making all of the transfer decisions myself. I'd listen to advice and recommendations of course but in the end I'd decide. I can conceive of a situation where I might defer to an experienced football person in whose judgement I trusted but there's no way I'd give up my dream of selecting all of Chelsea's players to someone with zero credentials. I don't think Roman would either. What'd be the point? Where would the fun be in that? I might give someone else the responsibility of handling the boring business side of deals but the fun part? No chance.

Then why hasn't Roman sacked her? Vesper's answer to that question is that Marina has some blackmail material over her boss. I don't remember Vesper's response to my follow up point which was why, if you have such powerful influence over a billionaire, why waste it on getting a job for which you are not qualified? One from the performance of which, you wouldn't gain a single scrap of prestige or self-esteem?  Why not take some other, equally well paid, position on the board. One that didn't entail actually working?

It's possible but, for me to believe that I'd have to believe that Marina is an extremely stupid individual. I don't believe that and I've seen no evidence to cause me to doubt that opinion. 

Not blackmail per se. She is just part of the Sibneft mafia. Much dirty biz back in the day during Roman's rise to billionaire level. The history is not pretty. I am not winning any fans here by bringing it up, but I don't believe in gaslighting shit just because it involves my football team I love.

Zero chance Marina is stupid btw. You are spot on.

• 1 month later...

Manchester City and Manchester Unitedwill need £102m to sign Paulo Dybala fromJuventus.

The Serie A champions have slapped a huge price tag on their prized asset, who has scored nine goals alongside Cristiano Ronaldo this term.

Corriere dello Sport understand Juve have a price in mind this summer, with Real Madrid also keen on the Argentine.

If hazard goes  we should go for dybala 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

Manchester City and Manchester Unitedwill need £102m to sign Paulo Dybala fromJuventus.

The Serie A champions have slapped a huge price tag on their prized asset, who has scored nine goals alongside Cristiano Ronaldo this term.

Corriere dello Sport understand Juve have a price in mind this summer, with Real Madrid also keen on the Argentine.

No brainer for 100 but with our board it will be deemed to expensive :(

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Also I read today Inter lower Icardi's price on 80m euros. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You