Rapkun

I think he is Muslim. So if he is a devout one/on who fasts the club should check the scheduling of Ramadan for the next few years before signing him.

edit i just checked and its getting earlier every year. We should only sign him if he commits to some contract to bot participate

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think he is Muslim. So if he is a devout one/on who fasts the club should check the scheduling of Ramadan for the next few years before signing him.

Kinda irrelevant mo salah is muslim and he showed no signs of slowing down? 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Kinda irrelevant mo salah is muslim and he showed no signs of slowing down? 

He broke the fast for the cl final (which he still did not have the strength to complete with a minor injury tonthe shoulder) and was shit in the weeks before. He also was shit in preseason  with us du ing Ramadan. I think Mo Salah is actually a great example how systematic dehydration has detrimental effects on your body and performance

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

He broke the fast for the cl final (which he still did not have the strength to complete with a minor injury tonthe shoulder) and was shit in the weeks before. He also was shit in preseason  with us du ing Ramadan. I think Mo Salah is actually a great example how systematic dehydration has detrimental effects on your body and performance

I don't think a club should ever ask a player to not participate in an important religious event. Performance issues aside, this is just a game we are talking about. If any muslim player celebrates Ramadan the fans should support the player. 

Just speculation based on our game against Lyon tonight and the fact he did not get included in the match day squad. Well pretty obvious though as he reported back for training after the WC yesterday afternoon. Of course he stayed in Lyon to work on his fitness, rather than play in a friendly 24h after he got back from holidays. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

edit i just checked and its getting earlier every year. We should only sign him if he commits to some contract to bot participate

Kante is Muslim, too many top level players are muslim. 

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Just speculation based on our game against Lyon tonight and the fact he did not get included in the match day squad. Well pretty obvious though as he reported back for training after the WC yesterday afternoon. Of course he stayed in Lyon to work on his fitness, rather than play in a friendly 24h after he got back from holidays. 

Funny to be linked with a player, because he is NOT coming to London.

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

I don't think a club should ever ask a player to not participate in an important religious event. Performance issues aside, this is just a game we are talking about. If any muslim player celebrates Ramadan the fans should support the player. 

Well i dont agree. Health is more inportant than religion and no one should be encouraged to harm one‘s to adhere to some weird rule set. But I am an atheist so I will not dig deeper into why I think religion in general is redundant imo. I just would advise the board to not sign someone whose performamce levels will drop predictably during the most important time of the season

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well i dont agree. Health is more inportant than religion and no one should be encouraged to harm one‘s to adhere to some weird rule set. But I am an atheist so I will not dig deeper into why I think religion in general is redundant imo. I just would advise the board to not sign someone whose performamce levels will drop predictably during the most important time of the season

You're speaking nonsense imo. By your logic Kante wouldn't be playing for us because he is Muslim. The likes of Pogba, Kante, Benzema, Salah and the list goes on are all world class footballers. 

Let's just keep things football related though. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I agree with you, health is more important. My point is more to respect the individuals decision if religion is important to them. To not sign a player because he is Muslim and might choose participate in Ramadan is a tricky one.

I am an atheist as well, religion is a no win conversation for anyone. 

The club should have no problems signing a Muslim. It's irrelevant. However, I know that physical performance can be hampered up to 30% due to dehydration alone. It's absolutely crucial to physical performance. With that in mind, I'd have no problem dropping a first team player to the bench during Ramadan. Although Kante just might be superhuman 

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I really wanted Leon Bailey, But this guy is one smooth cat. they are 1 & 1A for me. If we can actually close this deal that would be really something. Feels like if this gets done the Willian/Martial swap might not be so dead.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You