test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Ticket touts

Started by BlueLion.,

It has come my attention a member on this forum may have potentially fraudulently taken money from another member after taking payment for match tickets.

Anyone who is caught doing this will have their details passed onto the Police. You'd be surprised just what information we can pull from the Admin CP. Your details will be shared with the relevant authorities and Chelsea Football Club will also be informed of your actions.

May everyone heed this as a warning.

MichaelDance likes this

You'd be surprised just what information we can pull from the Admin CP.

Bloody NSA! You can probably see the posters' IP addresses along with the information they have knowingly shared, what else?

Bloody NSA! You can probably see the posters' IP addresses along with the information they have knowingly shared, what else?

For obvious reasons I can't explicitly disclose every detail that can bed pulled from the Admin CP, but people need to appreciate that we don't actually have physical access to those records - only the Police can, but we will share whatever information we can.

I still think we should make all posts moderated in the ticket section. All new posts for ticket sales should include a picture of the ticket with the persons username written on it on a bit of paper to prove authenticity.

Totally agree Sam. I'm going to put the entire tickets section under stricter rules.

MichaelDance likes this

Totally agree Sam. I'm going to put the entire tickets section under stricter rules.

Perhaps you could have an entire sections separate from the forum, on the website, for ticket exchange servicing? It would be a way for TalkChelsea to gain more recognition and may even attract sponsors to the website?

MichaelDance likes this

Perhaps you could have an entire sections separate from the forum, on the website, for ticket exchange servicing? It would be a way for TalkChelsea to gain more recognition and may even attract sponsors to the website?

That's something I'd have to discuss with Jim, especially regarding the potential cost of it. But it's an option.

MichaelDance likes this

I still think we should make all posts moderated in the ticket section. All new posts for ticket sales should include a picture of the ticket with the persons username written on it on a bit of paper to prove authenticity.

Hear hear!!

Someone handed me fliers outside West Brompton on Saturday, asking to buy tickets to the city game for good prices. Its outrageous how blatant they are. Something has to be done. I kept a copy of the flier and am going to report it back to the club.

Excellent, let us know how your enquiries go.

Frankie1990 likes this

Can anyone help me? I have been using the website Twickets to buy Chelsea tickets that I was unable to buy on the Chelsea website. Twickets is face value and I came across a guy who was selling two tickets for the game against Man City. I paid £110 all together through PayPal for the tickets. The tickets were organised through Twitter and I have just found out the guy who sold me the tickets has blocked me and changed his name (clearly a scam artist). I purchased the tickets Monday, and it now being Thursday they have 'not arrived'. The seller was surpossed to be sending them first class and tracked with a required signature on arrival. I could withdraw the money using PayPal, but I was wondering if there is anything else I could do? And has this happened to anyone else using twickets? I only used it as the advertisement for the app was on a talkchelsea banner.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Can anyone help me? I have been using the website Twickets to buy Chelsea tickets that I was unable to buy on the Chelsea website. Twickets is face value and I came across a guy who was selling two tickets for the game against Man City. I paid £110 all together through PayPal for the tickets. The tickets were organised through Twitter and I have just found out the guy who sold me the tickets has blocked me and changed his name (clearly a scam artist). I purchased the tickets Monday, and it now being Thursday they have 'not arrived'. The seller was surpossed to be sending them first class and tracked with a required signature on arrival. I could withdraw the money using PayPal, but I was wondering if there is anything else I could do? And has this happened to anyone else using twickets? I only used it as the advertisement for the app was on a talkchelsea banner.

Kind Regards,

Chris

The TalkChelsea banners are Google Ads they appear based on your search history.

Twickets is good when it works, but there's no way to vet people. Luckily you paid through PayPal, open a case against the person and get the money back.

The TalkChelsea banners are Google Ads they appear based on your search history.

Twickets is good when it works, but there's no way to vet people. Luckily you paid through PayPal, open a case against the person and get the money back.

PayPal cannot refund as we in theory did not buy a product. We just sent money..

PayPal cannot refund as we in theory did not buy a product. We just sent money..

How did you send the money? Always send via Goods and Services because you're always covered then.

Get a police crime reference number and give that to PayPal, they should refund.

How did you send the money? Always send via Goods and Services because you're always covered then.

Get a police crime reference number and give that to PayPal, they should refund.

I have a feeling it was not sent via goods and services.

I have a feeling it was not sent via goods and services.

Either way get a police crime reference number and contact PayPal, they're usually pretty good with stuff like that.

Either way get a police crime reference number and contact PayPal, they're usually pretty good with stuff like that.

Ok cheers mate. Paypal were not much help, although they will look into it. I have found somebody else who was scammed by the same guy, and both reporting him on Actionfraud.com. Thanks for your help.

BlueLion. likes this

Ok cheers mate. Paypal were not much help, although they will look into it. I have found somebody else who was scammed by the same guy, and both reporting him on Actionfraud.com. Thanks for your help.

I hope you resolve the issue. But you have to be very careful with PayPal. Never send anything via "Gifts".