Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

I lost my fucking shit when that went in!! Has to be up there in the most mental i have gone at a Chelsea goal :lol:

I would have taken a 1-0, but then Riise had to help us out :Goober: TBH mate I am still laughing :D I would love another result like that night, but instead of an own goal I rather it would be Mikel scoring the equalizer. Just think how the dirty red scousers would take that :D

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree we should put out a strong team as this is a semi-final, I think there's one or two that could do with a rest.

It's a quick turnaround and my main concern lies with Oscar. He's playing great football which is brilliant, but in the last fifteen minutes or so of the Swansea game he looked buggered. I daresay if he wasn't on a hat-trick he may have fallen in a heap. Part of this could be that he rarely plays the full 90 (Jose loves to sub him mid second half if we've sewn it up.) This was the first time he's played the full 90 minutes since our 3-0 victory at home to Spurs in the first week of December. I can see him starting as a sub to come on if required. Alternatively if they think he can get through 70 minutes then a rest against Bradford would do him just fine.

There's no other glaringly obvious ones. Maybe Kurt for Gazza again, and Eden will need a rest against Bradford if not in this game.

Think Cech will start again, no harm in giving Thibaut extra time as he builds back up to a full training load.

Cesc and Diego will definitely start this game, having been subbed at Swansea.

Schurrle for Willian is also possible. Think it's great to see Ramires fit again also.

I'm expecting something like:

Cech

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Schurrle Fabregas Hazard

Costa

Subs: Courtois, Cahill, Ake, Mikel, Willian, Oscar, Remy

Sick of the Gerrard bollocks so let's go out and do what did today.Make the 2nd leg as easy as possible.Plus home leg going to it so be nice to leave in a good mood.

Been a while while since Wembley.

Plus trophy a trophy no matter how little is thought of it.Chance to meet Spurs (if they win)and put right the loss this season and other carling cup one

So we could meet with Tottenham if we win this leg?

Great, I want a revenge.

When last time we're playing with this s*** at cup games?

Come on bro, you know love seeing CFC play lpuke in big matches. It always happens, its a fact of life. Just think about some of the marvelous moments we have enjoyed in matches vs the scum? Like this one

drogba_flashes_rb_zpsbd178749.jpg

Come on bro, you know love seeing CFC play lpuke in big matches. It always happens, its a fact of life. Just think about some of the marvelous moments we have enjoyed in matches vs the scum? Like this one

drogba_flashes_rb_zpsbd178749.jpg

Feels like it has been forever, can't wait for this. Hope Drogba could get some time.

Hope Drogba could get some time.

Doubt it, ruled as ill for the Swansea game. I think Remy will be Diego's back-up for this game.

If he recovers in time, I think this shapes nicely for Didier to get good game time against Bradford though.

I don't think we'll be playing the majority of our big guns for this game. I would like Remy to lead the line.

I think we will. Just look at Mourinho's substitutions. Costa and Cesc both off ~70 minutes. Willian off at ~74 minutes.

I think we will. Just look at Mourinho's substitutions. Costa and Cesc both off ~70 minutes. Willian off at ~74 minutes.

I just think he took two of our main players off plus the other one to rest legs, as the game was over. If we weren't winning, he wouldn't have done that.

Can't believe some people saying they don't care about this game....We are 2/3 wins away from trophy?

:blink::blink::blink:

Strongest line up possible, done and dusted before second leg so we are not pushing too hard before city!

Like I said in a previous post, people "don't care" about the League Cup because it's the fourth-most important trophy.

However I'd rather "just" win that "fourth-most important trophy" than fuck all, like last season.

Obviously we should'n disrespect any competition. I don't really care personally for the silverware of this particular competition, but some players maybe need to have at last something to show from their time with Chelsea so far. It will give them confidence to continue. Plus, it comes with a nice opportunity to beat Liverpool and possibly Spurs which at the very least is so much fun.

A good win means that we can rest a couple of players and play with a bit less effort in the return leg before the City match. As far as I'm concerned, best team possible and do everything to practically end the tie in the first leg.

I don't think we'll be playing the majority of our big guns for this game. I would like Remy to lead the line.

Think we will play most of them. Mourinho likely to rotate more against Bradford next weekend.