test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OneMoSalah

Rumoured Mauro Icardi

Started by OneMoSalah,

409 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mauro Icardi latest

https://www.express.co.uk/football/teams/17/chelsea

The agent of Inter Milan star Mauro Icardi has confirmed that Barcelona, Real Madrid and a mystery Premier League are interested in signing the striker.

Nara Icardi, Mauro’s wife and representative, gave a revealing interview with Spanish newspaper AS in which she fuelled the recent transfer speculation.

The Argentina forward's contract runs until June 2021 but talks over a new deal haven’t progressed with Nara claiming the two parties are “very far away” from an agreement.

“Right now, Icardi’s renewal with Inter is very far away,” Nara Icardi told AS. “We’re far from reaching an agreement. The figures being talked about in Italy aren’t true and we haven’t received a satisfactory proposal from Inter yet.

“I won’t deny that we can reach an agreement, but right now we’re very far apart. It’s not logical to renew Mauro’s contract for the amount he currently earns.

“We believe Mauro is worth more than that. There are some very important clubs interested in signing him.

“For example, there are the two biggest clubs in Spain, with whom we have excellent relationships, plus an English team and a French one.”

 

snip

 

Has to be either us, Manure, or Victimpool.

Obviously the French team is PSG, which makes sense as Cavani is ageing.

Can we take this on face value or are the clubs being used to help Icardi get paid more for doing what he wants to do anyway, namely stay in Milan? No way for us to know but it's hard to believe that our club wouldn't investigate getting Icardi if was possible.

Vesper, kc_blue and communicate like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, Pizy said:

Any time I see headlines stating that "Abromovic wants so-and-so" I laugh. As if he's a transfer muppet like we are who watches individual players at other clubs. I doubt Roman is involved even a little bit in identifying players. Only time he becomes involved is when he gives the okay to splash huge money.

I fundamentally disagree with this. I'll not be able to provide much evidence to support my opinion that the owner and his son Arkadiy play a big part in identifying targets, but then nor can anyone provide good evidence for an alternate opinion. The view stated here so often that Marina picks transfer targets is, in my opinion, one of the stupidest ideas ever presented on any football forum. Of course she doesn't.

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I fundamentally disagree with this. I'll not be able to provide much evidence to support my opinion that the owner and his son Arkadiy play a big part in identifying targets, but then nor can anyone provide good evidence for an alternate opinion. The view stated here so often that Marina picks transfer targets is, in my opinion, one of the stupidest ideas ever presented on any football forum. Of course she doesn't.

How I think things work, is that our scouts identify the targets, then the viability of signing them is discussed among the board and after drawing their conclusions on how feasible they are to buy, Marina as the lead negotiator will contact the selling clubs and try to get a deal inside the parameters that the board have set.

OhForAGreavsie and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manpe said:

How I think things work, is that our scouts identify the targets, then the viability of signing them is discussed among the board and after drawing their conclusions on how feasible they are to buy, Marina as the lead negotiator will contact the selling clubs and try to get a deal among the parameters that the board have set.

Somebody has to make the footballing choice, the 'is this player good enough' decision, but other than that I think this is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Somebody has to make the footballing choice, the 'is this player good enough' decision, but other than that I think this is spot on.

This would normally fall to the DOF perhaps, but in our case I think this decision might be a compromise or a consensus between the board, head scout and head coach. Roman, in this day and age, I feel is more of a rubber stamp than an active participator in our transfers like he was in the beginning. I don't have much to base this opinion on, other than looking at the current political climate and thinking he probably has bigger worries on his mind.

Unionjack and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, manpe said:

This would normally fall to the DOF perhaps, but in our case I think this decision might be a compromise or a consensus between the board, head scout and head coach. Roman, in this day and age, I feel is more of a rubber stamp than an active participator in our transfers like he was in the beginning. I don't have much to base this opinion on, other than looking at the current political climate and thinking he probably has bigger worries on his mind.

Well I see it differently but I probably have even less to base my view on than you do, so your guess has a fair chance to be at least as good as mine. :)

To be fair what you've described is exactly how Peter Kenyon answered the 'who makes the transfer decisions' question years ago. I always took his answer as code for Roman does but who knows for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manpe said:

How I think things work, is that our scouts identify the targets, then the viability of signing them is discussed among the board and after drawing their conclusions on how feasible they are to buy, Marina as the lead negotiator will contact the selling clubs and try to get a deal inside the parameters that the board have set.

I think they look at that option and then Mz Penny Pinscher goes out and tries to get a cheaper option at the position we need.

Or she throws a very low ball offer that gets laughed at and she comes back to the club saying at least we tried.

We have someone in charge of our transfers that knows less about the players the scouts  are telling her (if they do) than I do. And sadly I  see it staying like this till we find ourselves a real DOF that can do a proper job.

Antonio8 and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Picture on Instagram of him stood next to a private jet....wait for Twitter to go into meltdown:lol:

Ah, the mandatory jet picture... couldn't do without it.

Vesper and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wont happen. 100%. Would be a dream but doubt we are dropping at least 100m and like 7-10m a year wages for Icardi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wont happen. 100%. Would be a dream but doubt we are dropping at least 100m and like 7-10m a year wages for Icardi.

But we will pay a 31 year old £270k a week.

We could easily afford him if we sold our unused wood. And he would bring so much revenue in thru advertising and shirts etc,

Apart from whay he would bring to the team as for other players we might want that fancy playing alongside him

Just shortsitednass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We really should be doing a Bayern on him!

 

Mauro Icardi to Chelsea: The latest on striker's future as Inter boss Spalletti sends message

What will happen to the Argentinian frontman this January?

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/mauro-icardi-chelsea-latest-strikers-15699747

We just have to face the fact that we are no longer going to be a big player in the transfer market anymore. We are not going to move for the big players, and the few really good ones we have chased we are apparently going to miss out on due to (as you put it) penny-pinching. These are not mega deals, these fails are in the £35m to £50m range. I am 100% convinced that the bottom line the Pulisic deal went through was because of the USA marketing potential. Why else would we pay almost £60m for a benched (by an 18yo!) player who has never scored more than 5 goals in a season (with multiple years at top level) in an absolute pinball scoring offence.

If we were serious about winning the EPL and winning the CL, we would be chasing (and winning multiple ones) Mbappe, Icardi or Dybala or Griezmann, and players like de Ligt, de Jong, Koulibaly, Coutinho (IF rumours are true about Barca shopping him) Lucas Hernandez, Fekir Isco, Dembele (should have tried last summer) etc etc etc.

Hell I wager we don't even try to get Sarabia by matching his ridiculously low £16m release clause 

or

James Rodriguez (could get him from Bayern by paying for their option to buy of only £39,5m from Real Madrid)

That is TWO world class AMF's for only £56m total.

We could have had almost 2/3rds of billion quid to play with if we had done a mass purge (all based off real, concrete offers)

Zero chance we will ever play up in the stratosphere of the market anymore, not as long as Roman is the owner. The board is also now under a negative feedback loop of fear, do their horrific mistakes in the past 5 years.

This Barella fail (grrrrrr) and probable Paredes fail on confirm my dark mood on this.

Something has to give soon! Especially if we really fuck up the upcoming likely Hazard CHO exits.

What is going to give, I fear, is all hopes of top 4 and thus CL for a period of years.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Icardi blow

While the pending signing of Higuain may rule out any move for Mauro Icardi, and second blow may come in the Inter striker signing a new deal.

Gianluca Di Marzio reports the player’s agent met club representatives and will meet again to talk about specific numbers and clauses that the contract may hold. This is thought to be the first time the parties have officially met to discuss a renewal.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccg said:

Icardi blow

While the pending signing of Higuain may rule out any move for Mauro Icardi, and second blow may come in the Inter striker signing a new deal.

Gianluca Di Marzio reports the player’s agent met club representatives and will meet again to talk about specific numbers and clauses that the contract may hold. This is thought to be the first time the parties have officially met to discuss a renewal.

Why would a loan deal rule out Icardi? But grrrrrr on the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they write these articles just to fuck my head up?

 

Chelsea transfer news: Blues could follow Gonzalo Higuain deal by signing Mauro Icardi

CHELSEA could follow up their signing of Gonzalo Higuain by targeting his compatriot Mauro Icardi, it has been claimed in Italy.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1078759/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Blues-Gonzalo-Higuain-Deal-Mauro-Icardi-Inter-Milan

Vesper and xPetrCechx like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.