Mauro Icardi

OneMoSalah

So according to Tancredi Palmeri (Italian CNN correspondent) who has sources from Sky Italy, we have contacted Sampdoria to try and sign 19 year old 'wonder kid' Mauro Icardi. He's Argentinian and was signed by Sampdoria from Barca's La Masia academy for €400,000 or something. He scored four goals against Pescara (becoming the third player to score four goals in one game for Sampdoria) quite recently. In his first season in Serie A he has 7 goals so far. Never actually heard of him before but was reading an article on him and apparently Barca rated him quite highly but because of the strikeforce they had, he thought it was better to leave Barca so he did.

<p>

Tancredi Palmeri‏@tancredipalmeri

Chelsea contacted Sampdoria for new wonder-boy Icardi to come this june, Barcelona academy, who scored 4 in last Serie A game,(SkyItaly)<p>

Expand Collapse

• 21 Retweets
  • 3 Favorites
  • 087d49124792b3835a0a608609a83ecc_normal.3d3013708e6c97e4146a6268810f72f3_normal.29e49507207668ec9d36c48e951db5c0_normal.bbeaa2d2ec34f348a6aa255bb83342c5_normal.b1758a57693d2a5a3c05107f2be32672_normal.1fb2d74b61f674107ac33bb5c4b3bcbd_normal.f3c87b0a4f8a00240204390c851f0a42_normal.
6:35 PM - 29 Jan 13 · Details

Great great talent.

I take it you've seen him play, what sort of player is he like? I read about Messi comparisions but I think its due to the fact hes Argentine, a striker and came through the Barca academy lol similar to Piazon and Kaka.

Just seen his 4 goals vs Pescara, going to throw this out, he looks a bit like Torres when he wasn't actually crippled. Pacey, gets into goal scoring positions, good finisher, makes good runs... gonna watch out for him to see if the hypes justified. Not saying hes the next Torres or whatever but those 4 goals look like goals Torres scored years ago at Liverpool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4-ZU0lTls

I take it you've seen him play, what sort of player is he like? I read about Messi comparisions but I think its due to the fact hes Argentine, a striker and came through the Barca academy lol similar to Piazon and Kaka.

The Messi comparisons are as you say are mainly down to the fact he's Argentinian, and comes from the same city as Messi. From what I've seen he's not your typical La Maisa product (passing and moving etc). I think this was one of the reasons they let him go. In terms of playing style the most accurate comparison I've seen is with Batistuta, a complete striker, good pace and physical enough, and can score range of goals. His stat's are further evidence to his talent, this year he's scored 7 goals in 16 games in Serie A, which is no easy feat. Prandelli's seemingly begging him (promising him a spot in 2014 wc squad) to choose Italy over Argentina, having already turned down Spain. Ultimately though I'm not sure whether its the right time to move. Perhaps staying in Serie A would be best for him. maybe buying him and loaning him back? One things for sure, if he continues at this rate, his price is going to rocket.

3 strikers... That's just greedy... ;)

If he is quality young and has potential and doesn't mind being a number 2 for a while and also cheap then sign him up. Not our biggest position to worry about right now but we need a bigger striker force than ba and Fernando.

I'll be honest I have never heard of him...

Can he play wide or is he just an out and out striker?

The Messi comparisons are as you say mainly down to the fact he's Argentinian, and came from the same city as Messi. From what I've seen he's not your typical La Maisa product (passing and moving etc). I think this was one of the reasons they let him go. In terms of playing style the most accurate comparison I've seen is with Batistuta, a complete striker, good pace and physical enough, and can score range of goals. His stat's are further evidence to his talent, this year he's scored 7 goals in 16 games in Serie A, which is no easy feat. Prandelli's seemingly begging him (promising him a spot in 2014 wc squad) to choose Italy over Argentina, having already turned down Spain. Ultimately though I'm not sure whether its the right time to move. Perhaps staying in Serie A would be best for him. maybe buying him and loaning him back? One things for sure, if he continues at this rate, his price is going to rocket.

I did see in the thing I was reading about Prandelli wanting him to play for Italy even though he apparently told the Sampdoria coach he wants to play for Argentina. Maybe more time in Serie A would be good for him but still good to see we are expanding our knowledge of players.

more info on him here

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/mauro-icardi-sampdoria-lucky-charm-162616638.html

3 strikers... That's just greedy... ;)

If he is quality young and has potential and doesn't mind being a number 2 for a while and also cheap then sign him up. Not our biggest position to worry about right now but we need a bigger striker force than ba and Fernando.

I'll be honest I have never heard of him...

Can he play wide or is he just an out and out striker?

Probably just a striker, I think hes probably better than Nando haha, well who isn't? He could be second choice ;) We'd have to get him soon to get him cheap incase he keeps scoring bucketloads of goals and gets sold to some Italian club in a fucking ridiculous part ownership deal where they own both his shins and his shoulders and the others get the rest of him.

Probably just a striker, I think hes probably better than Nando haha, well who isn't? He could be second choice ;) We'd have to get him soon to get him cheap incase he keeps scoring bucketloads of goals and gets sold to some Italian club in a fucking ridiculous part ownership deal where they own both his shins and his shoulders and the others get the rest of him.

"No matter how good I am, there's no chance I'm gonna get a look-in when one of the best players of all-time is playing in my position."

Of course we don't have Messi playing as striker but why would he risk less game time when he's finding first team action in the Serie A. 19 years old, moving to England would be another big culture change. Then again we are Chelsea and not Sampdoria, so if we want him who knows. Nonetheless, moving him now from a neutral's point of view doesn't seem a wise choice, a loan back deal or something along those lines would be the best deal for us. (probably)

Absolutely LOVE Batistuta. If he is anything like him he wouldn't be a bad buy tbh, but I don't know if we have space in the squad for him...

Sell Torres, get Lukaku back (or loan him again if Falcao/Cavani comes in the summer), Ba, Icardi and Feruz :P Sounds not bad at all... and possibly the arrival of Falcao/Cavani haha, could be an awesome strikeforce... would be unreal if we could make space in the squad to have them all in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sampdoria's Mauro Icardi will snub a switch to Manchester City and join Italian giants Inter Milan at the end of the season.

The striker, high on Roberto Mancini's list of targets, is set to leave Sampdoria in the summer and there is a queue of top clubs ready to make their move.

Among them are City, who are eager to improve their attacking options with Mario Balotelli gone and Edin Dzeko seemingly going.

However, Mancini has suffered a snub amid reports that Icardi does not want to leave Italy just yet.

Still only 19, the former Barcelona youth player wants to settle in Italy during the early stages of his career.

He is currently at the centre of a tug-of-war between Argentina and Italy as he is eligible to play for both.

But it does not look like he will he playing for Manchester City any time soon, as Inter are confident he will choose them.

A contract until 2017 is on the table for Icardi, who is expected to make the move official on July 1.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130212/sampdoria-star-snub-man-city-inter-milan-191481#ixzz2Kk2IkMPr

Gutted if true, he scored a goal vs Roma the other night bringing his tally upto 8 for the season. For a 19 year old in a below average team in Serie A hes done fairly well. Surely Strama has promised him games at Inter or he won't go though? Maybe he'll get loaned back or whatever.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You