test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   111 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Petr Cech
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • Kurt Zouma
    • John Terry
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Eden Hazard
    • Diego Costa
    • SUB: Filipe Luis
    • SUB: Ramires
    • SUB: Loic Remy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

A game of two different halves but very happy with the fact we managed to score in both of them. Had we not scored the first one, can you imagine the nervous game we would have to play? Thanks heaven for some surprising moment from Willian which was surprising for everyone, coming from him lol. Also very happy for Diego, the goal he scored was a sublime move. But one big f*ck off to Coloccini! THAT could have been a goal of the season!!!

Zouma is so massive, after some nervous moments he really grew into the game and became a tank. He surely must keep his place, or say he surely cannot be sitting on the bench for a long time.

Another clean sheet for Pete, his numbers are getting better and better.

Oh and also, thank you Everton!

Muzchap likes this

Terrible first half but thankfully we got the goal and really raised our games in the 2nd half. Costa motm for me, solid performance by Zouma as well!

And of course great to see City dropping points! KTBFFH!

I go for Joe Hart :D

Haha, I love seeing him flap around in the air. Hilarious attempt at a punch considering Naismith is only 5'8. You wouldn't catch our Courtois doing that!

petre.ispirescu likes this

2nd half chelsea was the real chelsea. Great energy from the team. Oscar involved in both goals after a poor first half. Oscar player of game.. Zouma played well, hopefully stars next game as well. City drop points, we win. 2 points clear with city to face arsenal and us in next 2 games. This is our chance to seperate ourselfs from them at the top.

Not his biggest fan, but Willian; the quick corner was absolute class.

Definitely made this game a lot easier, great save from Cech as well and in the 2nd half a Diego on fire. That action deserved a goal (one with the Coloccini save).

darrus likes this

That first half was the worst half I've seen in seasons, absolutely dreadful. We got a lucky goal though and fully kicked on in the 2nd, response was great.

Oscar was a strange one. Honestly, if you take away his goal and his assist that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen at the Bridge.

Hats off to Kurt Zouma as well btw, really held his own and stood out like a man even though his older, more experienced team mates were truly struggling. He didn't put a foot wrong and imposed himself even more in the 2nd half. Hope the young lad gets more starts because I'm fairly certain if a certain other CB played - given their recent form - they certainly would've buckled under the pressure and committed mistakes.

Filipe Luis was excellent when he came on as well IMO. Was key in unlocking that Newcastle defence for the 2nd goal.

MOTM must go to the guv'nor, Diego Costa however. Has a great 2nd half and took his goal extremely well. That mazy run where he went past like 4 players and nearly scored was exquisite as well.

James likes this

Damn it, I predicted 2:0 with two midfielders scoring. Costa spoiled it.

After the loss, the lads were clearly unsettled and were nervous in the first half and everyone kept making mistakes. Good second half - everyone stepped up. Good to see Oscar doing what the #10 is supposed to do, though he had a meh game overall.