test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Southampton 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Terry
    • Luis
    • Mikel
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

243 posts in this topic

We should have scored from the pressure we put them under in the middle of the second half but you still can't deny the fact we were robbed because of the blatant penalty not given. The extra men for the final five minutes did not really make a difference.

1 point clear with a trip to the Lane, awesome.

there goes a title. I don't know what title, but now we don't have any cushion on City we can't rest players anywhere which means we will lose out on one of 4 titles with such a thin squad. Probably will be CL.

All our fancy play is worth nothing without scoring. But the worst thing we did not even try to score. No shots no headers, Forster did not even have to make on crucial save. We lack the killer instinct in Fergie time. Fergie-Utd and even City would have won this with a twice deflected Hernandez/Lampard goal.

And I hope Jose roasts the BASTARD ref in his interview. I hope he shows no fucking mercy. Scandalous, disgusting "officiating".

I'm so fucking sick of this team trying to pass the ball into the goal. The first fucking shot after 45 minutes, and it was a goal.

Mikel is a good player and I have defended him before, but you can't keep both him and Matic on for so long when chasing a win. Hopefully this is also the last starting place for Schurrle in a long time. The team needs to be more direct and when the team did try and be that in the last 10 minutes, there was lots and lots of huge chances. Of course it doesn't help the ref missed a penalty, but fuck me, should really be able to score more than one here.

Muzchap likes this

At this rate we're gonna be watching Fat Frank lift the title in light blue...

Lol. Really dude?

Chill people, we still lead. We were never going to run away with the title. How often does the winner of the title lead wire to wire? Hazard was amazing today, as was Cesc. Our fullbacks were shit though, Azpi-Luis needs to be used more often. Mikel and Andre were poor. Costa is frustrating, always on the wing.

FA=corrupt, no doubt about it. Last year against Sunderland, Aston Villa now again here. City gets penalties and easy schedules in the Christmas days, we get 3 away games against top 7 sides and penalties denied. (Top 4 game after all our CL matches) The ref fucked up all our players by denying fouls. (Hazard, Fabregas)

Can't blame ourselves, just blame the world we are living in, corrupted football world.

A win against Spurs and we'd still be top of the league after this tough period.

John1611 likes this

Shit result considering we had the whole second half on top. Would happily see Schurrle or Willian go in January and replaced. Neither give enough attacking.

We really need to win those games..

True, but we needed to win away to Sunderland more. This was always going to be an extremely difficult game. City won 3-0 there, but I watched the match and that scoreline favoured them a lot.

The second half was brilliant and we really should have scored but when nobody is capable of scoring from outside the box or the edge of the box, it becomes a lot more difficult. It was a much better display than against Newcastle/Sunderland but the result is really hard to take.

We don't have that United-Ferguson era winning mentality, when was the last time we won a game in the final minutes?..

Everton at home last year? Or Demba's goal against PSG

Lol. Really dude?

Chill people, we still lead. We were never going to run away with the title. How often does the winner of the title lead wire to wire? Hazard was amazing today, as was Cesc. Our fullbacks were shit though, Azpi-Luis needs to be used more often. Mikel and Andre were poor. Costa is frustrating, always on the wing.

we cant chill. a strikerless city has gained 7 points on us, our "legend" is being a dick. and the team can't shoot. a 1 point lead is nothing to be positive about