test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Chelsea v West Ham

Started by Jason,

241 posts in this topic

Carroll is dangerous! In the box he is massive, but if they don't get near our goal he is the most shitty player ever :P terrible in the upbuilding of the game.

So hope we stand high and never let them pick up the second ball after Carroll.

Id pay

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Schurrle - Zouma - Hazard

Drogba

I'm pretty sure that we have to pay all the players, even the ones on the bench and not in the squad....

:P

iseah100 and Muzchap like this

Tough game once again. They'll probably have the game of their lives, whilst Woolwich United or whoever will roll over vs City....getting boring. But where does this accumulation of hard fixtures for us and easy ones for City even come from?

We did win a hard away win at Stoke, so we should do ok in this one just because even though we had two days less rest. I hope we see some rotation which IMO is inevitable in the festive period where the fixtures come fast and hard. But I am pretty sure we won't see any bar Oscar replacing Mikel.

Was more scared about this game then Stoke.

Regardless of the saying "can they do it on a cold night at Stoke", the truth was that Stoke was not in great form as West Ham right now.

West Ham is the inform team a long with City in these past few weeks.

And the fact that is a fixture right after a holiday makes it highly unpredictable.

Let's hope for the best in this fixture.

Madmax likes this

Tough game once again. They'll probably have the game of their lives, whilst Woolwich United or whoever will roll over vs City....getting boring.

TBF, wet spam beat Man City & gave manure all they could handle @ old crapfort. The only real disappoint for them this season was at home losing to Southampton 3-1. If I remember correctly there was some bad officiating in that match & that could be the cause of this result. People don't forget this is a London Derby & wet spam will come to get points from this match. Then they will flaunt that achievement by releasing a mid-season DVD of the Historic Victory. <_<

Muzchap likes this

TBF, wet spam beat Man City & gave manure all they could handle @ old crapfort. The only real disappoint for them this season was at home losing to Southampton 3-1. If I remember correctly there was some bad officiating in that match & that could be the cause of this result. People don't forget this is a London Derby & wet spam will come to get points from this match. Then they will flaunt that achievement by releasing a mid-season DVD of the Historic Victory. <_<

But they had Song in those games right? And he's still not 100% fit ? So unlikely to play? Or is he fit again?

Let's hope the result is better than last years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQBzuP_f4I

Strange to think that only a year ago, we played a pivot of Mikel and Ramires (instead of Matic and Fabregas), we had Eto'o and Ba upfront, still had Lampard and Eden played with number 17 and Oscar with number 11.

How times have changed... And changed well.

MichaelDance and The Chels like this

But they had Song in those games right? And he's still not 100% fit ? So unlikely to play? Or is he fit again?

I would assume everyone will be fit and available for this match. Again wet spam will act like this is their Cup Final. Also this is the best that the club has been playing in years. Then add the fact that this is a London Derby. Expect this match to be a dog fight. Big Sam team with bad intentions. However I do believe in the mind of Mourinho
Muzchap likes this

I'd rather we concentrated on dealing with their fullbacks who get high up the pitch, provide width and crosses for Carroll (particularly Jenkinson on the right) and also dealing with Downing and Alex Song who have been their 2 outstanding players this year. Song has too much class and ability to be given time on the ball, he can pick a pass and also breaks up a lot of play for them. I'd like to see Oscar or even Cesc in that number 10 role man mark him when West Ham have possession similarly to the way we had Lamps on Steven Gerrard at Anfield last season and Oscar on Pirlo in the CL at the bridge under Robbie.

Obviously Carroll is a threat yes but he doesn't get the opportunity to win headers from crosses/long balls if we stop West Ham playing through Song, Downing and their full backs to get into those crossing situations. Beating Carroll in the air is quite hard to do so when he does get those long balls and knocks it down, we should concentrate on recovering the second ball more like we did against Stoke because realistically Andy Carroll is one of the best headers of the ball in England and 9 times out of 10 he will knock it down if he can.

Liquidator and Muzchap like this