test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chelsea blue

FA Youth Cup 2015

Started by chelsea blue,

176 posts in this topic

SUPERB entertainment .. Roman was there ,, hope Jose was watching as well ... there is another way

jeez u need to enjoy yourself some more, u can't even celebrate a youth cup with delving into your typical nonsensical palaver of "playing this way or that way"

SMFH

didierforever and mikeholiday like this

Enjoyed this, wasn't as good as the away game last week but still a good at school. Solanke deserved a goal tonight, wish he'd have gotten one.

jeez u need to enjoy yourself some more, u can't even celebrate a youth cup with delving into your typical nonsensical palaver of "playing this way or that way"

SMFH

I DID ENJOY IT ,, ,, i THOUGHT IT MUCH BETTER .. than our first team have played ,, DIDNT you ... or is it just winning any way

Well done boys!! Another trophy to add to our bulging cabinet this season!

Shame nobody will make it here though...

JEEZ buddy boy you need to enjoy your things more .. :halo:

dUMB likes this

Great game, well worth the time. Its a shame really that Colkett gets mentioned so little, his passing game is probably the best in his age group.

Musonda, Boga, Dasilva, Colkett and Solanke are the players I believe in the most, they will have a great career somewhere and hopefully it is at the bridge.

I DID ENJOY IT ,, ,, i THOUGHT IT MUCH BETTER .. than our first team have played ,, DIDNT you ... or is it just winning any way

Do you really fail to see that the way the development squads play is proof that you are wrong about Jose? (And no, I'm not suggesting that JM is responsible for the way the youngsters perform.)

Great game, well worth the time. Its a shame really that Colkett gets mentioned so little, his passing game is probably the best in his age group.

Musonda, Boga, Dasilva, Colkett and Solanke are the players I believe in the most, they will have a great career somewhere and hopefully it is at the bridge.

I think this is because not everyone gets a chance to watch the development squads play. People who do watch them talk about Charlie all the time.

This I already know from following the youth and reserve team very regularly although you have exaggerated his maturity but none of that is good enough reason to promote him from our ridiculously stacked academy to the first team when there are other youngsters with the same intangible qualities but much more talented like musonda, jay da silva,colkett and boga. Lets face it, he vastly overrated. Basically this years lucas piazon.

I see where you are coming from, but you've got to give the few available chances to the players that have been performing the best in the youth setup. What kind of message would be you be sending to all of the boys if you don't?

Brown is like Muller, that is the best way to think about him.

Not flashy, might seem not very talented. But actually very talented.

That talent is a master of the fundamentals of the game, and having a footballing brain/maturity. They have an incredible all around game(technique,technical,physical,ariel,defense/getin stuck in/etc); they are not masters in any one thing but incredibly good at all other things.

If Brown can move up to the top level of football and fulfill his potential, my bet is that he will be like a Thomas Muller kind of player.

Nah, what ?

Muller card is used too often. He is one of a kind who made it at the top as an offensive player despite lack of many abilities.

And to be fair I don't see half of the intelligence that Muller has in Brown.

Brown is physical, fast and matured player with decent technique, power shot and good finishing. But if you look closer on him you see how typical ordinary he is. I just see that West Brom level is made for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, very impressed with the workrate of this side. Musonda in particular but literally everyone worked their socks off. I haven't seen something like that at youth level, not even in Chelsea's previous winners. Young players are generally weak from tactical point of view and this side is playing like the seniors with everyone perfectly understanding his role. I wonder if this team has the mark of Jose in there, it's well known that he changes whole structure of the club including youth teams.

Man City have very strong squad, you could see clearly how talented some of their players are but Chelsea just put them back by pressing and workrate and didn't let them play most of the two legs.

Joe Edwards comment gave me hope, he said that he's confident that this group will step up into the senior level at Chelsea and when you see the talent is there as well as good preparation from tactical point of view. It looks to me that this time has arrived.

While couple of years ago Chalobah and McEachran showed up in the youth level there were talks that they are jewels of Chelsea but for me firstly they showed up ahead of time and secondly there is lots of Chalobahs now.

Do you really fail to see that the way the development squads play is proof that you are wrong about Jose? (And no, I'm not suggesting that JM is responsible for the way the youngsters perform.)

What are you suggesting then?

zolayes likes this

What are you suggesting then?

That @zolayes, and those who share his views are wrong about Jose? :)

There are, I think, two reasons that the team does not play in the way zy insists they should: -

1. Jose doesn't want to. And there is no reason that he should, it is not the only route to pleasing, effective football.

2. We don't have the squad to do so successfully, as is evidenced by the way the development squads go about their business.

Our junior sides succeed playing the way they do because, at their level, our players are better than our opponents' players. This was never more clearly in evidence than in the two legs of The FA Youth Cup final. I felt that, in terms of team shape, pattern of play and slickness of passing up front, City were at least our equals and probably just shaded it. Nevertheless we deservedly won the tie because our key skill players are, just, better than City's and our front three were able to physically outmatch their direct opponents.

Most sides who try to take on City the way we did would get battered, and in fact if you check their results you'll see that they hand out as many drubbings as our lads do. We can take them on however because, at youth level, we're the best there is. No one in Europe would fancy their chance against us. This, in my opinion, is simply nowhere near true at senior level.

Our top squad is better than it was but still features too many weak links to sustain a front foot game. This is especially true now with Fab below his best, Matic way, way off form and Brana in the middle of another of his erratic spells. We'd get killed by ordinary Premier League sides if we opened up against them at the moment, never mind the better ones. Look at the times our system provided the players with an opportunity to launch attacks on Sunday only for the chance to be wasted by poor control, poor passing or, in Rami's case, poor finishing? And what about that absolute sitter of a pass Didier missed to play Eden in early on against United? I'm still in shock about that.

Our squad, under the guidance of this manager, can win stuff. With someone else at the helm we'd be in the mix for Champion's League qualification. We are getting better, but to play the way the constant critics demand needs better players. If those critics want to chastise Jose for not upgrading the squad quickly enough, I still think they are wrong but at least they'd be heading in the right direction. As it is however, most of their comments are barking up entirely the wrong tree.

bethos1 likes this