test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chelsea blue

FA Youth Cup 2015

Started by chelsea blue,

176 posts in this topic

I enjoyed watching Manure ,,, they are TOTAL KRAP NOW

Lol. That's why I didn't mention who played the through ball for Brown's goal - I didn't see it. Was too busy watching Preston almost go two up. :)

It was Kyle Scott by the way.

Lol. That's why I didn't mention who played the through ball for Brown's goal - I didn't see it. Was too busy watching Preston almost go two up. :)

It was Kyle Scott by the way.

when I first joined the forum Esk Weston did reports and vids on all the youth games , I dont know why he left but then Ja1 took over .. seems he has left now .

I must admit I am disappointed that our academy is not producing for us .. I have often questioned the quality of our coaching . If only we could bring in Hoddle and Zola to run it ,, I remember pre academy days when they were called Chelsea school;boys and Bridges and Greavsie were PRINCES

This will be the 6th consecutive FA Youth Cup semi-final that the boys will be playing!

Just take a moment to fully appreciate that...

Well isn't that brilliant. Then when I look back and see that 6 years after we are still nowhere near having an academy player playing a serious game for the club, I realize why I stopped watching the youth play. Proper time wasting.
zolayes likes this

Really like the look of Jay Dasilva. Lad is only 16 but his reading of the game offesnively and defensively is brilliant. Worth mentioning that he is the only 16 year old who regularly plays for our U21. Very impressive. It is no surprise he impressed enough to start a few games for us in the pre-season. Must be one of the shortest if not the shortest player I have ever seen whilst watching football. He has great potential but may need a little growth spurt to help his development because he is extremely diminutive. Either way, the signs are there for him being our next Ashley Cole.

Extra-time

As in the first half of normal time, where a chance fell Brown’s way inside five minutes, so it did after the restart for extra-time and on this occasion the forward made no mistake. Scott slid him in through the middle with a perfectly-weighted forward pass and the 18-year-old did the rest, rounding Woodman and slotting the ball into the unguarded net for his second Youth Cup goal of the campaign.

Collins did well to back-pedal and push a looping header over his bar as Newcastle looked to hit back, before Abraham almost doubled the advantage with an effort that hit the inside of both posts, however the linesman’s flag had ruled him offside anyway.

The Blues’ second goal did arrive five minutes into the second period as Solanke latched on to Brown’s forward pass and finished confidently past Woodman. It was the striker’s seventh goal in four Youth Cup ties this term and 27th in all competitions. Abraham then rounded off the goalscoring as Brown once again turned provider and Edwards’ side booked a place in the semi-finals again.

Action resumes for the Academy this Thursday 19 February as Adi Viveash’s Under-21s host Fulham at Aldershot in the last eight of the Premier League International Cup. Meanwhile, the youth team play the penultimate game of their regional league programme this Saturday 21 February, with Reading the visitors to Cobham.

Manager reaction

Joe Edwards reflected after the game on a hard-fought victory and praised the defensive performance of his back five as they kept another clean sheet in the competition. Speaking to the official Chelsea website afterwards, he said: ‘The tactical plan was to make sure we got control of the game and dominate possession, which we did in the first half.

‘We forced Newcastle back and then it became about getting our key players on the ball but unfortunately we had one of those nights where the final pass wasn’t quite right. It became quite frustrating for us and I’m sure going in at half-time with a clean sheet gave them a big lift.

‘Our front three had by no means their best nights but they all got their goals, while the back five were excellent. Fikayo Tomori was outstanding, Colkett’s performance wasn’t far behind and Brad Collins has made some big saves in the second half.

‘The most important thing for us at this stage is to progress so it’s a big result. You can’t always play as pretty as you want to and the Youth Cup is about finding out if you can handle different tests so tonight is another one we’ve come through.’

Chelsea (4-diamond-2): Bradley Collins; Ola Aina, Fikayo Tomori, Jake Clarke-Salter (Ali Suljic 63), Jay Dasilva; Charlie Colkett ©, Charly Musonda (Kasey Palmer 68), Kyle Scott (Ruben Sammut 97), Dominic Solanke; Tammy Abraham, Izzy Brown
Unused subs: Jared Thompson, Mukhtar Ali
Scorers: Brown 94, Solanke 110, Abraham 118
Bookings: Clarke-Salter, Abraham, Solanke, Dasilva

Newcastle United: Freddie Woodman, Jamie Cobain (Jamie Holmes 110), Adam Laidler, Ben Drennan (Louis Johnson 99), Michael Newberry, Kyle Cameron, Dan Ward (Jack Hunter 59), Callum Williams, Adam Armstrong ©, Sean Longstaff, Daniel Barlaser
Unused subs: Stefan Broccoli, Nathan Harker, Jamie Holmes, Louis Johnson
Bookings: Armstrong, Hunter

Attendance: 11,664

Really like the look of Jay Dasilva. Lad is only 16 but his reading of the game offesnively and defensively is brilliant. Worth mentioning that he is the only 16 year old who regularly plays for our U21. Very impressive. It is no surprise he impressed enough to start a few games for us in the pre-season. Must be one of the shortest if not the shortest player I have ever seen whilst watching football. He has great potential but may need a little growth spurt to help his development because he is extremely diminutive. Either way, the signs are there for him being our next Ashley Cole.

Also can score. Scored a cracker last season!

good tho for them to play in front of those crowds .. The geordies are good followers of football

I think bigger crowds in youth levels can bring a higher level of competition which might help bridge the gap to first team football. Other teams should do what Newcastle did, imo.

zolayes and Muzchap like this

I think bigger crowds in youth levels can bring a higher level of competition which might help bridge the gap to first team football. Other teams should do what Newcastle did, imo.

True

FA Youth Cup Bridge date confirmed

The second leg of our FA Youth Cup semi-final against Tottenham will be played at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 18 March.

Kick-off is 7pm. Ticket details will be confirmed shortly.

If the aggregate score is level at 90 minutes a period of 30 minutes extra-time will be played. If the scores remain level penalties will be taken to determine the result.

The first leg at White Hart Lane is on Thursday 5 March, kick-off 7.45pm. The game will be broadcast live on Chelsea TV while tickets, which will need to be purchased in advance, cost £5 for adults and £1 for concessions.

Meh, score is so unfair. It should have been 0-0 or 1-1, but two blips from our goalkeeper and defenders and we are 2-0 down. I saw enough to know that trio of Solanke-Brown-Abraham are not gonna create many. I hope that Jeremie Boga picks his form in the next 2 weeks. He will be crucial to turn this around.

Besides, Uefa Youth League is the competition to win this year.

And Jay Dasilva, a brilliant, brilliant player. What a gem. More senior in this player (apart from size) than in anyone. And he's the youngest from Chelsea team.

Our youngsters are at it again! 2-0 down from the first leg and 1-0 down today, they're now winning 5-1 today and 5-3 on aggregate with about 20 minutes to go. Incredible spirit! The boys are heading to the final yet another year! :blue scalf:

PS: I know that someone is tempted to quote this and whine about our youth policy and say that it all doesn't matter because they will all end up in league 1, but please spare us that negativity just for tonight and let us enjoy this great comeback. Thanks.

Love

Nour

Last year we made it to the Quarters right? :blink:

Edit: Ops nvm i though you were talking about UEFA Youth League :P

Last year we made it to the Quarters right? :blink:

Edit: Ops nvm i though you were talking about UEFA Youth League :P

We're actually going into the 4th consecutive FA Youth Cup final! :D