Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not like a lot of here. I want us to win so it's not a friendly. Surely play our second line up but never go to pitch to lose. Or if someone doesn't care about the result - better don't watch the game.

I am not like a lot of here. I want us to win so it's not a friendly. Surely play our second line up but never go to pitch to lose. Or if someone doesn't care about the result - better don't watch the game.

not give up the game. But the group is won and if we can rest our key players we should and give young guys key exposure it would be beneficial to the team.

Cech

Ivanovic-Zouma-Cahill-Luis

Mikel-Ramires

Salah-Willian-Schurrle

Remy

not give up the game. But the group is won and if we can rest our key players we should and give young guys key exposure it would be beneficial to the team.

Cech

Mikel-Ramires

Salah-Willian-Schurrle

Remy

Hmm... That's exactly what I said.

Cech

Mikel-Ramires

Salah-Willian-Schurrle

Remy

GC should not be on the pitch. he definitely needs a rest!!!

Cech

Mikel-Ramires

Salah-Willian-Schurrle

Remy

TOP TEAM PIC .. just hope you are right //

This match may mean nothing to us but it may be a decider on who qualifies with us. Even if Jose wanted to field a team of youngster, he couldn't because UEFA would probably punish us. Plus, put yourselves in the shoes of the shoes of the Schalke fans. We need to try to win this match while still resting some key players, especially Hazard.

This match may mean nothing to us but it may be a decider on who qualifies with us. Even if Jose wanted to field a team of youngster, he couldn't because UEFA would probably punish us. Plus, put yourselves in the shoes of the shoes of the Schalke fans. We need to try to win this match while still resting some key players, especially Hazard.

If we play within the squad listed we should be fine, furthermore we have done our job it's not our fault if the other teams haven't done there's.

There was a similar argument with United a few years ago in 2009, they had the league wrapped up and faced Hull who were in a final day relegation scrap, why would they play there first team and knacker them out for the CL final they had 3 days later for Newcastles sake?

Clubs have to protect there own needs first and foremost.

oscar, willian, GC, JT, iva, azpi?

hazard might have played every minute but players like iva, oscar, willian,azpi are the ones who put the most yards in the match. those guys deserve a rest too. and who cares about uefa? let them "punish" us. i mean, i am pretty sure we can pay a whatever fine in thrown our way.

fair point about schalke, but to be honest, our players NEED the rest. also playing players like schurrle and salah, who will be trying to prove something will be better than playing a tired, ragged, uninspired hazard and willian.

If we play within the squad listed we should be fine, furthermore we have done our job it's not our fault if the other teams haven't done there's.

There was a similar argument with United a few years ago in 2009, they had the league wrapped up and faced Hull who were in a final day relegation scrap, why would they play there first team and knacker them out for the CL final they had 3 days later for Newcastles sake?

Clubs have to protect there own needs first and foremost.

oscar, willian, GC, JT, iva, azpi?

hazard might have played every minute but players like iva, oscar, willian,azpi are the ones who put the most yards in the match. those guys deserve a rest too. and who cares about uefa? let them "punish" us. i mean, i am pretty sure we can pay a whatever fine in thrown our way.

fair point about schalke, but to be honest, our players NEED the rest. also playing players like schurrle and salah, who will be trying to prove something will be better than playing a tired, ragged, uninspired hazard and willian.

It's an ethical issue, though, isn't it? Like putting the ball out when a player is injured, your best interest is to keep the ball and attack the team while they're a man down, but if you don't someone doing that to you in the future, you kick the ball out.

If I know Jose, I think he cares about fairness and sportsmanship. Obviously, he'll rest players, I expect about 5-6 changes (Remy, Zouma, Cech, Salah, Schurrle, Luis) but all are first-teammers. Talking about starting Baker and Boga is just nonsense, imo.

It's an ethical issue, though, isn't it? Like putting the ball out when a player is injured, your best interest is to keep the ball and attack the team while they're a man down, but if you don't someone doing that to you in the future, you kick the ball out.

If I know Jose, I think he cares about fairness and sportsmanship. Obviously, he'll rest players, I expect about 5-6 changes (Remy, Zouma, Cech, Salah, Schurrle, Luis) but all are first-teammers. Talking about starting Baker and Boga is just nonsense, imo.

fair enough. i agree that baker/boga/any attacking youth player wont start cos we have plenty of options in that department. but i do expect a couple of youngsters in defence.

we are very short of options in defence and playing this amount of football is asking for injuries. wont be suprised if one of ake/christensen starts.

we will line up something like this

cech

azpi zouma christensen/ake luis

mikel rambo

salah cesc schurrle

remy.

fair enough. i agree that baker/boga/any attacking youth player wont start cos we have plenty of options in that department. but i do expect a couple of youngsters in defence.

we are very short of options in defence and playing this amount of football is asking for injuries. wont be suprised if one of ake/christensen starts.

we will line up something like this

cech

azpi zouma christensen/ake luis

mikel rambo

salah cesc schurrle

remy.

Forgot about Ake, but I am certain that Jose will start with at least one experienced CB. Can't play in Europe with a pairing of Zouma and Chrustensen. I think Matic will start because he had a rest today and will rest again next week against Derby.