test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fulham Broadway

Dominic Solanke

Started by Fulham Broadway,

320 posts in this topic

Here's Jose back at the end of April:

"Next year [solanke] has two ways to go. For me it would be a big mistake for him to go on loan to another team in England or in Europe."

"Staying at Chelsea, training with the first team, having pre-season with the first team, sometimes covering the main strikers, and playing every week again for the Under-21s and the Under-18s - he would probably never need to go out on loan. He can just go step by step here, and in a couple of years [he will be a] first team player."

Just saw that over on WAGNH. Amazing how peoples minds change in such a short amount of time eh!

lol at Jose thinking players can actually develop at youth level. he's a tool becoming less sharp.

I expect 15+ league goals from Solanke if he can cement a starting position like Traore did.

Solanke is too good to play in U-21, but he still needs to improve to play in Premier League. It may be a good deal.

Regards.

snap i agree mate

supporter likes this

Just seen that he scored 63 goals in 77 U18/19/21 matches which included 41 in 39 games last season. He was definitely too good for U21 football now and I am glad he has made this step, even though he has not turned 18 yet. Still amazing to think he is only 17 and should be no.1 striker in a quite a decent league. If he scores for fun for them, who knows what lies ahead for him. Has a very exciting future. Hopefully it is with us. It is a shame the opening weekend of the Eredivise has been cancelled due to a police striker. We will have to wait another week to see our loaness in action. This will be a test for him to see what level he is currently at and I am sure he can take the league by storm. The lad is just a natural goalscorer.

He is on the bench today.It seems that the current striker of Vitesse in a good form,so Solanke will have a lot of trouble of getting into the starting line up.

sorry .. wish him well but doubt we will ever play him in a real game

I know our youth Policy is poor but I think he could make it personally he has the work ethic and the goals.. I just don't think a lot of our youth will make it here under Jose and that is the main issue.. When he first came back he said Nate would be back in the squad the following year and nothing. I love trophies as much as the next guy but we gotta take a risk with these youth at some point

killer1257, blueblood22 and zolayes like this