test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fulham Broadway

Dominic Solanke

Started by Fulham Broadway,

302 posts in this topic

Can you blame him?

Ruben Loftus-Cheek gets payed 60k a week. 60k let that sink in. That is fucking embarrassing. That guy never ever plays. Only in cup games.

Spurs' Dele Alli is TRICE the player RLC is an he earns 25k a week. It's ridiculous here at Chelsea. Suddenly, last year, we gave youth a chance thanks to Hiddink. Everyone hyping RLC up which resulted in him signing a deal worth 60k a week. 

23 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Can you blame him?

Ruben Loftus-Cheek gets payed 60k a week. 60k let that sink in. That is fucking embarrassing. That guy never ever plays. Only in cup games.

Spurs' Dele Alli is TRICE the player RLC is an he earns 25k a week. It's ridiculous here at Chelsea. Suddenly, last year, we gave youth a chance thanks to Hiddink. Everyone hyping RLC up which resulted in him signing a deal worth 60k a week. 

Thrice the player? Maybe you're right there, but he's not three times as talented. At least some part of what's holding Ruben back is mental.

As for the £60k we don't know if that's true, or at least I don't know. In any case didn't Ali sign another new contract recently? £25k makes sense for an improved offer to a young player signed from League 2, but there is no way on Earth he renewed again for so little.

Whatever the truth of those figures, the club shouldn't consider £60k for Dom. Not least because no one else will pay him that either. I suppose Dom's agent would argue that if his client has to settle for a lesser pay cheque he'd be better off doing so at a club where he has a chance to play. That's fair enough. I like Dom and I hope he gets a good move with an appropriate contract.

Chelsea fans react angrily as Dom Solanke demands new £50,000 a week contract

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelsea-fan-react-news-dom-solanke-demanded-new-50000-week-contract-tweets/

Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke demands £50,000 a week... after just 17 minutes of first-team football

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3557755/Chelsea-told-meet-Dominic-Solanke-s-50-000-week-pay-demands-risk-losing-England-21-international.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ALL THIS WAS JUST A LOAD OF BOLLOX MADE UP BY OUR GREAT BRITISH FUCKIN MEDIA!!!

Dom_Solanke_on_Instagram_ldquoDon_t_beli

Time to say sorry

On Thursday, the broadsheet have printed an apology in their paper, admitting the Solanke story was false.

The Telegraph told their readers:

On 18 February 2017 we published an allegation that Dominic Solanke was demanding wages of £50,000 per week from Chelsea Football Club as part of his contract negotiations, We understand that no such financial demands have been made by Mr Solanke and we are happy to make this clear.

Solanke has since celebrated the Telegraph’s retraction on social media with the phrase “don’t believe everything you read”.

I for one add my appology to the lad thinking he was just a prima donna jumping on RLCs coat tails.

But these things will happen once we set the precedent

Fernando likes this

18 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea fans react angrily as Dom Solanke demands new £50,000 a week contract

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelsea-fan-react-news-dom-solanke-demanded-new-50000-week-contract-tweets/

Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke demands £50,000 a week... after just 17 minutes of first-team football

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3557755/Chelsea-told-meet-Dominic-Solanke-s-50-000-week-pay-demands-risk-losing-England-21-international.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ALL THIS WAS JUST A LOAD OF BOLLOX MADE UP BY OUR GREAT BRITISH FUCKIN MEDIA!!!

Dom_Solanke_on_Instagram_ldquoDon_t_beli

Time to say sorry

On Thursday, the broadsheet have printed an apology in their paper, admitting the Solanke story was false.

The Telegraph told their readers:

On 18 February 2017 we published an allegation that Dominic Solanke was demanding wages of £50,000 per week from Chelsea Football Club as part of his contract negotiations, We understand that no such financial demands have been made by Mr Solanke and we are happy to make this clear.

Solanke has since celebrated the Telegraph’s retraction on social media with the phrase “don’t believe everything you read”.

I for one add my appology to the lad thinking he was just a prima donna jumping on RLCs coat tails.

But these things will happen once we set the precedent

Yeah he wanted £49.999 a week lol

Unionjack likes this

Well this is funny. He's a crap player, who'll turn nothing beyond decent for Liverpool, but they'll think they've made the deal of the century since a young Englishman is a rotation option in the cup games. He's not half the player Sturridge is, and they're getting rid of him if they can.

So he's going from one big club that he'll never get a game for to another where he'll be very lucky to get any? Good luck, mate...

the wes likes this

I said from day 1 not to pay attention to Solanke. One-dimensional, and that one dimension of his is so below average. His mentality was fucked up, he had no drive, no charm, nothing warm about him. So this shouldn't be a surprise.

But still, he's a true money grabbing, turncoat bastard. Without our guidance in the youth level & him gaining the leverage of being associated with our brand, he'd be even less than he is now. An equally shit footballer, but in the Championship, barely making a grand a week, which is still more than he deserves. 

How dare such a shit player demand double the wages of his youth-level peers, then snub the rebuttal which'll have been a perfectly fair offer. Then leave for a disgusting city. Hope him nothing but failure.

The hate he is getting for leaving :lol: If he turned round and signed a new contract like Aina last summer people will still be raving. Whether he'll get the money/minutes he wants from liverpool we'll wait and see. Really hope Conte brings through Tammy and turns him into a bigger success than Solanke.

On the round of twitter are quotes from Jose saying if Baker, Brown and Solanke are not England internationals in a few years he is to blame.... 3 years later on Brown has a single appearance for us 

Personally, me, I'd never seen worse performances from a striker at youth level. I'm sure even Di Santo offered more. 

Can anyone name 1 forward player from our last 5 or 6 youth teams worse than Solanke? I mean even Kiwomya was more Premier League material; he's basically just Walcott.

50 minutes ago, Leif said:

Can anyone name 1 forward player from our last 5 or 6 youth teams worse than Solanke? 

Carlton Cole

Did people just not pay attention to the fact he scored 3 open goals in 30 appearances in all competitions on loan at Vitesse? He's a striker. Lewis Baker is more prolific.

Even Lucas Piazon is superior.

Yes, Solanke will be better there than he would have been here. No, he won't be any better than Jermaine Beckford. He was the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of the youth teams he played in. Every player around him was dynamic, with so much to offer. Solanke doesn't have one refined trait. Not one. All he'll develop is a decent strike & the movement of Costa if he's lucky.

This is how annoyed I am at us losing a bad player to a rival; I can't even remember or imagine what I was like over Mata. I swore a lot regarding Cech. I'll be annoyed if any player from any of our youth teams ends up at a rival. WE fed you. OUR club was the one who turned you from an average person living with an average family in an average area into millionaires.

Peace., Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

I'm inclined to agree with Leif here. How do you score so little as a striker in a league that fooled the world into thinking that Afonso Alves was world class?

Johnnyeye likes this

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm inclined to agree with Leif here. How do you score so little as a striker in a league that fooled the world into thinking that Afonso Alves was world class?

That was also about a decade and a half ago, don't forget.

That time in the league there was Davids, Huntelaar, Vertonghen, Sneijder, Stam, Heitinga, Suarez, plus handfulls of defensive walls & great midfielders who controlled the game.

There's not even 3 players in the league now who'll be half of any of those players, maybe 1, and Solanke was still basically the worst forward in the league. He had nobodies to score against. And Baker has taken full advantage of that. Piazon took full advantage of that. This guy couldn't.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

So he's going from one big club that he'll never get a game for to another where he'll be very lucky to get any? Good luck, mate...

Liverpool isn't a big club.