Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling wouldn't be bad here at all, many people forget the kid is only 20 and already one of the best players in the PL. He would grow massively under Jose as well.

Hazard - Willian - Sterling is not bad at all.

it does not matter to people. only the most recent performances do.

a 20 year old has had to carry the whole team on his back after pool lost close to 50 odd goals from suarez's departure and sturridge's injury. add to that, he has been played wingback, CAM, ST and has barely had any consistency in his position.

all that said, i dont want him here for a massive fees. too much pressure/hype for a young 20 year old. and i cant see pool selling sterling cheaply considering his talent and they somehow still considering us as "rivals"

People just want him because he's English, but in reality he's no where near the other options on the market such as Griezeman and Reus.

I honestly doubt that there is any sort of solid interest from the club in him. I'd be happy to see him move to City if that means they won't be perusing other options on the market.

Being English helps, but he's also already a very good PL player at 20. He's at least 4 years younger than Reus and Griezmann who are better at the moment but seem just as hard to buy if not harder (in Reus' case). They are also different types of players - Sterling being a better dribbler than Griezmann while Griezmann is a superior finisher for example.

People just want him because he's English, but in reality he's no where near the other options on the market such as Griezeman and Reus.

I honestly doubt that there is any sort of solid interest from the club in him. I'd be happy to see him move to City if that means they won't be perusing other options on the market.

He's also 4-5 years younger than Reus and Griezmann and has been playing under a mediocre manager who uses him in stupid positions all the time and with shit players around him.

Under a top manager like José he'd improve immensely.

His dribbling, shooting and decision making are all so inconsistent, one day he could look like a mini Hazard the next Cuadrado.

I think the hope is that with age and some stability at the club, he can find some consistency, but of course you never know with young players.

At worst, he and Hazard would form the most fouled duo in the world. JT would score 10+ easy with the amount of free kicks we can get.

He's also 4-5 years younger than Reus and Griezmann and has been playing under a mediocre manager who uses him in stupid positions all the time and with shit players around him.

Not always. Oscar ain't that great despite all that hype.

I agreed with CHOULO. Let him go to City.

They can spend a lot of money and wages on him leaving them with less money to buy someone else we might want.

No, he COULD improve immensely under Jose.

He could also play a lot worse than he has been for Liverpool in a system where he will have a lot more duties, a lot less freedom, less of the ball and where the tempo is mostly slower and he won't be the start and go-to guy.

I think we need a more consistent, mature and safe option at the moment, especially the way it is going for Cuadrado at the moment.

No, he COULD improve immensely under Jose.

He could also play a lot worse than he has been for Liverpool in a system where he will have a lot more duties, a lot less freedom, less of the ball and where the tempo is mostly slower and he won't be the start and go-to guy.

I think we need a more consistent, mature and safe option at the moment, especially the way it is going for Cuadrado at the moment.

Really? we're gonna use Cuadrado as a comparison?

Not only is a Raheem well adapted to the Prem at the age of 20 but he's also English, something we lack in our roster. There is no doubt he will improve playing with the players we have and also under the tutelage of Jose. He's not exactly raw and his physical tools i.e. speed, acceleration make him an athlete that can be useful in a lot of teams.

Really? we're gonna use Cuadrado as a comparison?

Not only is a Raheem well adapted to the Prem at the age of 20 but he's also English, something we lack in our roster. There is no doubt he will improve playing with the players we have and also under the tutelage of Jose. He's not exactly raw and his physical tools i.e. speed, acceleration make him an athlete that can be useful in a lot of teams.

How exactly did you infer that from what I wrote?

I did not compare any ability or attribute of the two. What I implied was: After a risky transfer that has so far turned out terrible, we should go for the safer options available, meaning Reus and Griezmann over Sterling.

How exactly did you infer that from what I wrote?

I did not compare any ability or attribute of the two. What I implied was: After a risky transfer that has so far turned out terrible, we should go for the safer options available, meaning Reus and Griezmann over Sterling.

the first line of what I wrote wasn't inferring anything, I was just pointing out how needless it is to make reference to Cuadrado.

The next part of my post was just what I think Raheem will bring to the team, if you noticed I made no further reference to Cuadrado just what I thought Sterling could bring to our team.

the first line of what I wrote wasn't inferring anything, I was just pointing out how needless it is to make reference to Cuadrado.

The next part of my post was just what I think Raheem will bring to the team, if you noticed I made no further reference to Cuadrado just what I thought Sterling could bring to our team.

Needless? Of course the Cuadrado case plays a huge part in this. If it had turned out differently we wouldn't even be looking for a starter but a back up attacking midfielder (then, maybe I would have been happy with Sterling).

And that no doubt will influence Jose and the board because we obviously don't want to find ourselves in Jan or next summer looking again to spend big money to get a starting RW for the team. Hence why I believe we will go with safer more established options such as Reus and Griezmann.

Needless? Of course the Cuadrado case plays a huge part in this. If it had turned out differently we wouldn't even be looking for a starter but a back up attacking midfielder (then, maybe I would have been happy with Sterling).

And that no doubt will influence Jose and the board because we obviously don't want to find ourselves in Jan or next summer looking again to spend big money to get a starting RW for the team. Hence why I believe we will go with safer more established options such as Reus and Griezmann.

Yes its needless mainly because Willian played there most and Cuadrado, who hasn't even been given a run in the side, was a replacement for Schurrle. The fact that you think its a given he was bought to be a starter and furthermore that his handful of appearances thus far serve as an example as to why we shouldn't buy Sterling is mind boggling. First off, the options you've presented as alternatives don't even play on the right side, they play through the middle or on the left. I find it to be much more of a waste to pay big money for players to play them in positions where they haven't shown they can be effective. Secondly, you mention Cuadrado and how poorly he's performed (mainly up to adjusting to the pace of the league) then you mention two players who will without a doubt have to also adjust to the league as better options to a 20 yr old who is already well adjusted to the Prem and HG... Nah man.

BTW I'm not opposed to buying Griezmann, I feel he can be a useful striker in our squad.

Yes its needless mainly because Willian played there most and Cuadrado, who hasn't even been given a run in the side, was a replacement for Schurrle. The fact that you think its a given he was bought to be a starter and furthermore than his handful of appearances thus far serve as an example as to why we shouldn't buy Sterling is mind boggling. First off, the options you've presented as alternatives don't even play on the right side, they play through the middle or on the left. I find it to be much more of a waste to pay big money for players to play them in positions where they haven't shown they can be effective. Secondly, you mention Cuadrado and how poorly he's performed (mainly up to adjusting to the pace of the league) then you mention two players who will without a doubt have to also adjust to the league as better options to a 20 yr old who is already well adjusted to the Prem and HG... Nah man.

BTW I'm not opposed to buying Griezmann, I feel he can be a useful striker in our squad.

Since Jan, Willian has played as much centrally as he has on the right with Rami playing often on the right. And yes, we were buying Cuadrado to be a regular and even a starter because if you remember Willian did not have a good start of the season. If we did not expect him to be a regular we would not have gotten rid of both Schurrle and Salah and left our selves with no other options.

And right now we still need a starting attacking midfielder, and I don't mean a nailed on starter but someone who is capable of being a regular; meaning someone like Willian and Schurrle not someone like Salah (in terms of roles in the squad not playing style).

I think both Griezmann and Reus have showed that they have everything it takes to play in any of the 4 attacking positions in a system similar to ours.

I wasn't saying that as the main reason why we shouldn't sign Sterling but as how Cuadrado can affect this transfer as you asked about exactly that from my post. The main reason we should not sign Sterling is pretty simple for me: He is not yet nearly good enough, consistent enough or mature enough as well as his style of play not fitting ours.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You