Petr Cech

eldo

According to whoscored.com's tweet yesterday: Petr Cech: Of first choice PL GKs, Cech has the best save success rate this season (80.8%), ahead of De Gea (77.8%) and Jääskeläinen (74.7%)

Cech having the best success rate - considering our defence not performing their best this season - is for me a sign of "don't fix what's not broken".

According to whoscored.com's tweet yesterday: Petr Cech: Of first choice PL GKs, Cech has the best save success rate this season (80.8%), ahead of De Gea (77.8%) and Jääskeläinen (74.7%)
Cech having the best success rate - considering our defence not performing their best this season - is for me a sign of "don't fix what's not broken".

It isn't question of fixing what's not broken, but rather fixing it before it's broken.

I might be misunderstanding your comment, but there's not talk going on saying that he should be replaced right now. Will come a time where we will have to make a choice : either stick with Cech and sell Courtois ; or give the starting role to Courtois. The first option will give us at the maximum five more years of a world-class goal-keeper (and we would be to square one : find a replacement for Cech). The latter one will give us the opportunity of having 10+ years of great — nay world-class — goalkeeper.

But that's not for today, nor tomorrow.

Voilà.

Should be going on loan to a shit PL team where he'll concede 70+ goals a season. Will be beneficial on two levels; firstly to bring him back to earth with a bump, and secondly to give him Premier League experience on a first-team basis. If he's as good as people say he is, he'll get into Arsenal's team, right? :lol:

Should be going on loan to a shit PL team where he'll concede 70+ goals a season. Will be beneficial on two levels; firstly to bring him back to earth with a bump, and secondly to give him Premier League experience on a first-team basis. If he's as good as people say he is, he'll get into Arsenal's team, right? :lol:

You evil man.

Think its rather impossible for Courtois to concede 70 in one season unless its the worst defence ever :)

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence. Look at Julio Cesar and Brad Guzan, for instance - they've conceded more than 50 goals and it's still only March! If you send him to a club like Wigan or Southampton he will concede bagfuls of goals. That is no reflection of him, but of his team. The opposite can be said of Atleti - he is profiting from playing behind a very potent back four, which is exactly why he needs to be absolutely bombarded to prove his worth.

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence. Look at Julio Cesar and Brad Guzan, for instance - they've conceded more than 50 goals and it's still only March! If you send him to a club like Wigan or Southampton he will concede bagfuls of goals. That is no reflection of him, but of his team. The opposite can be said of Atleti - he is profiting from playing behind a very potent back four, which is exactly why he needs to be absolutely bombarded to prove his worth.

Well yeh defence is very important ofcourse, but i saw some games at atleti/NT this years where any non topkeeper wouldve let some in, thats why i also think he would prolly be able to avoid to get in 70 and only 55 orso at southampton compared with their current goalkeeper, but this is difficult to discuss anyways.

He's an amazing fella tho, as said in Courtois topic, he has 24 clean sheats out of 41 games, and i know part of that is due to him only since athleti defence is not that good, for instance our away game with NT against macedonia(out), serbia(out), schotland, any non top keeper wouldve let one in there prolly, thats why i think this.

Sometimes you see keepers having a very good/lucky day and keeping some impossible shots out to get a clean sheet, Courtois has this in like 1/2 of his games, ive seen him getting bombarded at genk and still manage to get away with a clean sheet, the saves like de gea vs mata in manchester game (with his leg) , courtois somehow manges to pull that off regulary...

Its hard to judge goalies from youtube compilers for this exact same reason (it can be down to luck) but fe this compilers is from one/his first season at genk as 1st goalie, the amount of amazing saves in that one already is quite impressive, same in athletico after one year really...

As a goalkeeper I'll be the first to admit we can get lucky very regularly; but this is normally down to instinct and down to positioning. I will be honest and say I have not seen that much of Courtois this season (only when Sky Sports have shown Atleti games) so perhaps my judgement isn't the one holding the most weight, but right now I can't see how he is as good or better than Petr Cech. Maybe in two or three years he will replace him - if he is happy to move from club-to-club in the meantime then great but we CANNOT afford to let him go.

To give him a PL loan would be mutually beneficial as it would give Petr the notion that he needs to prove himself.