test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

eldo

Petr Cech

Started by eldo,

3,942 posts in this topic

AVB: "Petr went for a scan but he is okay. He felt a little bit dizzy with a head injury and he decided it was better not to take risks. He can play the next game"

:yes:

He was excellent against Valencia.

Yes but he still not as good as what he used to be. He is average now in my opinion, we could find better, he does not make those unbelievable saves anymore strikers can get past him with half chances.

Yes but he still not as good as what he used to be. He is average now in my opinion, we could find better, he does not make those unbelievable saves anymore strikers can get past him with half chances.

Well I ju------

Forget it. I just find you entire post disagreeable.

I'll pretend you didn't write that, because I normally find your posts have good content.

He is an incredible goalkeeper and has been our most consistent player over the last 15 months or so. I dare you to name half a dozen better goalkeepers at present; and don't even think about saying Casillas or Cesar because both of them are bang out of form at the moment. If anything Cech is improving back towards his level of 2005-2007; the thing that is letting him down is a far leakier defence which has left him exposed time and time again. Look at the goals we've conceded this season; he hasn't had a single chance with any of them.

Petr Cech makes a fantastic saves every game,he saves half of all penalties,he even can asissit to Drogba,when our midfielders can't.Maybe he should start to score goals to be a good goalkeeper? :)

He is average-LOL.

Petr Cech is one of the best keepers in the World and one of the best we ever had.I just adore the man,i feel he has been with us forever,i remember when we had him and Cudicini.I don't think we ever had a pair of keepers of that quality in the same team ever.

Both Legends.

Kojo, BlueLion. and Eviltwinz93 like this

Petr Cech is one of the best keepers in the World and one of the best we ever had.I just adore the man,i feel he has been with us forever,i remember when we had him and Cudicini.I don't think we ever had a pair of keepers of that quality in the same team ever.

Both Legends.

You're right and that's the thing I hate about the team of the years etc... for some reason only Casillas or Valdes get the prizes though I don't see why Cech is in any way inferior to them...mystery

I'll pretend you didn't write that, because I normally find your posts have good content.

He is an incredible goalkeeper and has been our most consistent player over the last 15 months or so. I dare you to name half a dozen better goalkeepers at present; and don't even think about saying Casillas or Cesar because both of them are bang out of form at the moment. If anything Cech is improving back towards his level of 2005-2007; the thing that is letting him down is a far leakier defence which has left him exposed time and time again. Look at the goals we've conceded this season; he hasn't had a single chance with any of them.

Ok ''average'' was a bit misguided and stupid of me but he has lost that aura around him that made him save the impossible during the Jose years. I know the defence was much better back then but he made some saves during that time that were just unbelievable, he no longer does that anymore. He still makes great saves but he won us a shit load of points before Hunt nearly killed him. I think as a club we have been very unlucky because Cech and Robben would of been massive players for us in terms of winning more trophies then what we have done in the last 7 seasons.

well Almunia might be available after his West Ham loan ...or have you other replacements in mind for him?

Ok ''average'' was a bit misguided and stupid of me but he has lost that aura around him that made him save the impossible during the Jose years. I know the defence was much better back then but he made some saves during that time that were just unbelievable, he no longer does that anymore. He still makes great saves but he won us a shit load of points before Hunt nearly killed him. I think as a club we have been very unlucky because Cech and Robben would of been massive players for us in terms of winning more trophies then what we have done in the last 7 seasons.

That post is more like a Badboy post ;) Haha :P:lol:

I can agree with you there, I think his confidence has certainly been shaken by the Hunt challenge and he does not quite have the same dominance of his box that he once did. I think now though he is a bit more imposing when facing penalties which is something he has worked on, he always tries to stare the kicker out which is something I know is successful through personal experience.

His distribution yesterday was especially excellent. Normally I don't notice it until my second viewing of matches but it was quite apparent yesterday. Some really great throws and kicks out to speed up our attack

and made a superb save as well

Gotta agree with Badboy here. Cech is still one of the best GKs in the world, but I just don't have that feeling I had before with him on the goal before his injury :(

Need to work on set pieces, I don't think Cech helps though - would like to see him come and punch a few more.

We had this same set piece problem a couple of seasons back and managed to work on it, so I think a bit of work on the training ground should solve it.

We all know Cech was the most important player of the last season, we wouldn't have been that near to winning the PL. I don't think he has changed since last season. but yeah, there's this weird feeling he's not the same like he was used to before this fucking injury some years ago. But we don't know, maybe he feels even stronger since that.